Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Retired wrestler Mike Graham committed sucicide recently. If I remember correctly, his father and son also committed suicide.

A few lesser known people from the wrestling community have died recently. Maybe a big name will die soon

Bobby Eaton's back in hospital, from what I've heard.

I would prefer one of the many ony my DDP list. I never put Bobby Eaton on either of then :(

Bobby Eaton is apparently recovering from pnuemonia and heart failure.

Hector Garza, on the other hand, has lung cancer.

A few lesser known people from the wrestling community have died recently. Maybe a big name will die soon

Bobby Eaton's back in hospital, from what I've heard.

I would prefer one of the many ony my DDP list. I never put Bobby Eaton on either of then :(

Bobby Eaton is apparently recovering from pnuemonia and heart failure.

Hector Garza, on the other hand, has lung cancer.

Yeah, I saw this one and from what it sounds it looks pretty bad for him. Chances of a UK obit have to be slim to none, though? Eaton would probably scrape a Sun obit though.

No chance of an obit over here, though I doubt many wrestlers would make British obits, even Eaton.

Although if the 91 year old Mick McManus is ignored when he goes...

No chance of an obit over here, though I doubt many wrestlers would make British obits, even Eaton.

You'd be surprised, The Sun loves its WWE obits. Even Oliver fucking Humperdink got one.

Bastion Booger actually got one in the Evening Standard. They must have been short on copy that day.

You'd be surprised, The Sun loves its WWE obits. Even Oliver fucking Humperdink got one.

Bastion Booger actually got one in the Evening Standard. They must have been short on copy that day.

I stand corrected. Though they didn't bother giving obit to Strongbow, so it might depend on who the writer remembers showing up with Hogan.

The Booger one is just bizarre.

I think Chief Jay Strongbows lack of UK Obit is because he was big in the Pre Wrestlemania era and the push to make the sport international by Vince McMahon didn't happen until he was retired.It is why one of the biggest stars in the us from about the 60s to early 80s didn't get an obit but someone who was mostly a midsouth regional figure like Humperdink but managed Bam Bam Bigelow at WM IV in a small time frame on an intl stage did. I would think Eaton might get a UK Obit because he was a pretty notable midcarder in the early 90s when WCW made a push in the UK and Japan to compete with WWE.

Wrestler Brad Armstrong has died.

Wrestler Brad Armstrong has died.

What a buzzkill.

You can still post the link. ;):P

http://www.thesun.co...es-aged-51.html

So with Brad Armstrong getting an Obit from The Sun I think Eaton is a safe bet to get one as well if he passes soon since he wrestled around the same time in WCW and was higher up the card most of the time.

Any news on Barry Windham ?

He was supposedly nearly dead about htis time last year

Any news on Barry Windham ?

He was supposedly nearly dead about htis time last year

Been a strangely quiet year for dead wrestlers. Hector Garza has stage three throat cancer, but the odds on him getting a UK obit are basically zero.

There's a few lingerers - Superstar Billy Graham comes to mind - but I think Windham is out of the woods for a few years.

On the other hand, I've a feeling we wont be having Kamala about for too much longer.

By request...

He's already dead, but did you know Kent Walton was the producer of a bunch of sexploitation films in the 70s? Kinda weird to think the same guy that commentated on so many brave performances by Johnny Kwango is the same man who produced 1972's "Lesbian Twins".

Anyway, Kent Walton's dead. So is Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, my personal favourite farming nutcase Les Kellett, Bomber Roach, "Judo"/"Lord" Alfred Hayes, "Dr Death" Paul Lincoln, Mike Marino, King Kong Kirk, Brian Glover, Gorgeous George, Jackie Pallo (my mum used to think he was arrogant).... the list goes on.

Mick McManus turns 83 this year and I believe he still attends wrestler conventions as well as working in the world of antiques. "Exotic" Adrian Street has had both a heart attack and a run-in with cancer in the past few years, and lives in Florida. "Crybaby" Jim Breaks has retired with all the old British crooks to Gran Canaria, "Dynamite Kid" Tom Billington, as mentioned in the WWF/E thread, is an embittered cripple living off disability benefit in a Manchester council house, and Kendo Nagasaki is still absolutely fucking batshit insane, best illustrated by this story about him trying to tear a tree down a decade ago.

That's off the top of my head, anyway.

For those into the 1970s British version, BBC4's showing a documentary called Wrestling's Golden Age: Grapples, Grunts and Grannies, slated for December 13th.

I'll set the iPlayer notification. Hopefully they tell the Les-Kellett-bitten-by-a pig-story.

former wcw wrestler died, he was one half of the tag team, the Kongs.

So Ric Flair's big Japan match got called off as he was diagnosed with a blood clot in his leg. Flair refuses medical treatment on this, and aims to keep wrestling and flying with said blood clot.

I think most can probably tell how this story is going to end.