Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

5 hours ago, msc said:

Jannetty now claiming his account was hacked and has now deleted the post. You know as you do, over a month after something got posted to your Facebook.

And only deleting the one post.....clearly a hack.  Cuz if it was hacked no way someone would post more than one item.
SC

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

And only deleting the one post.....clearly a hack.  Cuz if it was hacked no way someone would post more than one item.
SC

Marty Jannetty wastes oxygen into his 50s and Owen Hart's been dead nearly 20 years. Clearly, there is no God.

Lance Russell(91) the voice of Memphis wrestling, is in the hospital due to complications from a fall. And also his daughter passed away Friday.

On 9/30/2017 at 07:02, CaptainChorizo said:

Lance Russell(91) the voice of Memphis wrestling, is in the hospital due to complications from a fall. And also his daughter passed away Friday.

According to Jerry Lawler (who was one of his closest friends), Lance Russell has died. RIP.

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Burrhead Jones dead at 80. Surely would have been one of the last remaining wrestlers from the colour divide days?

Great name --- of course in 2017 it wouldn't fly, but still....

Stan Kowalski's died a few days ago (aged 91). He was three times AWA tag champ back in the 1960s as Murder Inc. (a great tag team name imo) with Tiny Mills (long gone). Reapers on a bit of an AWA fix lately.

Anyhow, ten really old wrestling connections you might consider for a deadpool. I was going to say "oldest living", but you know, between people considered long dead showing up at reunion shows, and the fudging of ages, it's one of those lists that people appear on as much as get taken off for dying!

Vicky Askew (1920) - Vince McMahon's mum, so fringes of fame.

Joe D'orazio (1922) - Obit likely as oldest British wrestler, shows up at those reunion shows they do.

Bill Mercer (1926) - Old time commentator

Carlos Rocha (1927) - Wrestled for the WWF back in the 50s.

Karl Karlsson (1927) - possibly

Cowboy Bob Ellis (1929)

Pampero Firpo (1930) - who already appears on a few deadpools, I see

Jacques Rougeau Sr (1930) - Promoter, dad to Jacques and Ray (and Armand), former commentator.

Len Rossi (1930) - retired to run a health food store, outlived his own son.

Dick "The Destroyer" Beyer (1930) - An actual proper legend.

Don Leo Jonathan (1931) - Legend, now said to be in very poor health

Dave Kidney (1931) - That guy!

Tony Marino (1931) - Wrestled as Batman, worked with Bruno Sammartino, teamed with Bobo Brazil to win regional tag titles and feuded with Abdullah the Butcher. Not bad for a journeyman!

Any deadpool with relaxed qualifying obit requirements (ie, the Deathlist Cup, Hares Pool, etc) will be OK here as all of the above will be covered by Slam Sports (a respected Canadian news site) and their wrestling section.

• Like 1

And if you want to go mainstream, Bruno Sammartino is retiring from all public appearances outwith his home (Pittsburgh). Could be age (he's 82), could be Grumpy Bruno, could be more...

He was born Bert Smith, but Minnesotans knew him primarily as the "Krusher", "Killer" or "Big K" — part of a pro wrestling tag team called Murder Incorporated.  Krusher Kowalski won 19 major titles, and was a World War II veteran.  He died Friday at 91.

Man I had forgotten his name until today.  Sorry to hear his passing, he was a popular wrestler in the Midwest where I grew up.
SC

More from Flair:

On How Bad His Health Deteriorated During His Recent Scare: “I had ten days of life support, brother, that would wake anybody up,” Flair said. “I’m just lucky I’m here, I just kind of take each day, I don’t take anything for granted anymore. They gave me a 20 percent chance of living and somehow I made it through it. When I got out I only weighed 206 pounds, I lost 43 pounds. I couldn’t walk, I couldn’t even twist the top off a Gatorade bottle. I could stand on my legs, but I couldn’t walk, so I had to go to a rehab place for 20 days of physical rehab where they make you walk with a walker and then a cane and then you learn to walk by yourself,” he said. “That took a while, and then I couldn’t drive a car. I ate anything in the world, but couldn’t gain any weight because all the food I was consuming was going towards repairing internal tissue that was ruined because when I went into the hospital my kidneys failed, I had respiratory heart failure and I had pneumonia all at the same time. Brother, I don’t drink anymore… The doctor told me if I ever had a drink again, I wouldn’t make it through another operation like that.”

Ric Flair staying on the wagon is not I bet I'd ever make, even now.

Yukihiro "Tokyo Joe" Sakada dead at 75. Confined to a wheelchair since 1974, he helped train most of the Hart family-affiliated wrestlers after Stu's death, as well as being a long-time booker of North American talent for NJPW.

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Twitter reporting that  Tugboat Taylor (Fred Ottoman) has died: https://twitter.com/DavidStahr/status/928282489071833088

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Ottman

Tugboat Taylor and Tugboat Thomas are different people, I think there's been some confusion. Fred "Shockmaster/Typhoon" Ottman is still with us. The guy who's dead mainly worked as a job guy in mid-80s WCW and WWF, and trained a few Texan wrestlers of minor note (Hernandez in particular). 

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Tugboat Taylor and Tugboat Thomas are different people, I think there's been some confusion. Fred "Shockmaster/Typhoon" Ottman is still with us. The guy who's dead mainly worked as a job guy in mid-80s WCW and WWF, and trained a few Texan wrestlers of minor note (Hernandez in particular). 

Ahhh, I was a bit unsure....

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

"Some confusion" as to whom?  Dave Stahr?  So you are suggesting he doesn't know who his trainer is?  That's what i'm left to believe.

SC

Edit: OHH ok brain caught up with convo.  As you were lol

1 minute ago, msc said:

Territories/Georgia guy, not The Shockmaster.

You had me for a moment, YW!

Well, hey, I'm not perfect, ha ha, just saw Tugboat and went off my nut.

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Well, hey, I'm not perfect, ha ha, just saw Tugboat and went off my nut.

I was worried for a second till I twigged no one else was posting about it. I'd assume Tugboat/Typhoon/Shockmaster to get a whole bunch of tweets.

Here's Taylor wrestling in the Shawn Michaels-owned indie TWA back in 2000, doing a Crusher Blackwell tag team gimmick called "The Buffet Brothers". Their theme tune appears to be a sub-Al Yaknovich "Mambo Number 5" parody.

On 7/11/2017 at 19:32, the_engineer said:

their surname is bevis but their wrestling surname is knight .   A bit like helmsley is the kayfabe surname of triple H when his real surname is levesque.

A further development a witness describes what happened claims paige said del rio had done coke two days straight and he said i hope your relative dies. Also del rio claims paige is carrying the coke. Sounds like he is getting paige to carry the drugs through airports and security for him what a fucking monster this guy is.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/witness-speak-recent-paigeel-patron-public-altercation

As an update of sorts, apparently she's dumped him. Talking about being single on snapchat. Perhaps not going for the Bonnie and Clyde exit quite yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, msc said:

As an update of sorts, apparently she's dumped him. Talking about being single on snapchat. Perhaps not going for the Bonnie and Clyde exit quite yet.

Good riddance. He was on some wrestling show saying check the police reports perro it was all my girlfriend lol. Its at that point I realised what top bloke he was. Only a real man blames all his problems on his girlfriend and throws them under the bus. I bet she forced him to sniff cocaine :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Kamala is off the ventilator apparently...

Ventilator took a three count.