Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Not an update as such but someone on Reddit has posted a local news story on Matt Cappotelli - the benefit night he is struggling speak at is from September btw.

Vader is having open heart surgery on Monday . According to him it's a tough surgery to get through. Though I looked up surviving the surgery and it is in the high 90s percentage wise . Maybe he's factoring in other health problems that  he has and lowers the survival. Hope he pulls through.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/vader-undergo-open-heart-surgery

Maybe Monday will be the day they announce his WWE HOF induction. ;)

On 16/02/2018 at 18:39, msc said:

I'm all for more pro-wrestling coverage in the UK anyhow, given reason it wound up off ITV in the first place is because Greg Dyke thought it was "too working class" as an interest. Fuck Greg Dyke. There really is no start to his talents.

Or it could be due to the fact that the barely mobile, fifty something Big Daddy was still being billed as the star attraction, and by that point was reduced to tag matches where his partner had to do all the work. British wrestling was a joke when it was axed off ITV in 1988, had become a piss-poor no-budget WWF knock off with lame angles like Kendo Nagasaki ‘hypnotising’ his opponents

The belief it was too working class is verbatim from Dyke himself, when asked why he'd given the go ahead to axe one of ITV's big AI demographic pleasers. A number of similar stuff got axed at the same time.

Big Daddy was shit, but that wasn't anymore a decision maker in the same way Summer Wine wasn't axed because it went downhill post-Bill Owen dying, or Corrie will ever get axed because non-soap fans moan about it.

6 hours ago, JR976evil said:

Or it could be due to the fact that the barely mobile, fifty something Big Daddy was still being billed as the star attraction, and by that point was reduced to tag matches where his partner had to do all the work. British wrestling was a joke when it was axed off ITV in 1988, had become a piss-poor no-budget WWF knock off with lame angles like Kendo Nagasaki ‘hypnotising’ his opponents

Kendo Nagasaki hypnotising his opponents (current NXT trainer Robbie Brookside) was on World of Sport, but it was after Joint Promotions lost the exclusivity contract with the show. Nagasaki wrestled mainly for ASW, not Joint Promotions with the Crabtrees.

Don't make me start an argument for Crabtree being a super-worker.

12 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Vader is having open heart surgery on Monday . According to him it's a tough surgery to get through. Though I looked up surviving the surgery and it is in the high 90s percentage wise . Maybe he's factoring in other health problems that  he has and lowers the survival. Hope he pulls through.

Maybe he’s still got my Cup pick of Brandon Jenkins this month fresh in his memory. 

SC

On 3/23/2018 at 01:34, the_engineer said:

C'mon Mastodon. You've got to get into the HOF before having the stereotypical big man wrestler's heart failure exit.

• Like 1

DUkSUcUVQAEuwvZ.jpg

(Left to right for non-fans: Arn Anderson (60),Tully Blanchard (64), Ric Flair (69), JJ Dillon (76), Barry Windham (58) - with ages those reached this year in true Deathlist fashion...)

Nice pic from January. Barry Windham appears to have recovered from that near fatal HA by eating some other HOFers. Tully Blanchard looks older than Flair.

JJ Dillon is the oldest in that pic but he might well outlive a few of the others.

On 5/4/2016 at 18:34, Wee Jum said:

Got me thinking who is still alive who appeared at Wrestlemania 1 (31 March 1985)

Jesse Ventura - 15 July 1951
Gene Okerlund - 18 December 1942
Howard Finkel - 7 June 1950
Pat Patterson - 19 Jan 1941
Muhammad Ali - 17 Jan 1942
Tito Santana - 10 May 1953
King Kong Bundy - 7 November 1957
Jimmy Hart - 1 January 1944
Ricky Steamboat - 28 February 1953
David Sammartino - 29 September 1960
Bruno Sammartino - 6 October 1935
Brutus Beefcake - 21 April 1958
Johnny Valiant - 25 November 1946
Greg Valentine - 20 September 1951
Nikolai Volkoff - 14 October 1947
Iron Sheik - 15 March 1942
Mike Rotunda - 30 March 1958
Barry Windham - 4 July 1960
Bobby Heenan - 1 November 1944
Wendi Richter - 6 September 1961
Cyndi Lauper - 22 June 1953
Leilani Kai - 23 January 1960
Hulk Hogan - 11 August 1953
Mr T - 21 May 1952
Jimmy Snuka - 18 May 1943
Paul Orndorff - 28 October 1949
Bob Orton Jnr - 10 November 1950

Dead in a truck accident...

• Sad 1

Found this.  I think it means Kamala is next, and very soon.  The video is proof.
SC

Aww, not Luscious Johnny V!

hqdefault.jpg

He looked like such a manager it took me years to twig he mostly managed the jobber division.

Also, this means of the 3 Valiant Brothers, the sole survivor is Jimmy (AKA Charlie Brown from outta town, if anyone remember that), the one whose health ended his full time career!

Can't find it online anywhere, but Paige's little appearance on NXT Takeover made me think she's not exactly sticking to the 12 steps.

7 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I got a hint of Tamara lynn sytch when i first saw the whole vid watching wrestlemania , she's got a little bit rougher . 

I think with HHH/Steph in charge they are gonna keep her on the payroll for life. and have people babysit her like they do with Flair .It's more then likely she will avoid a Chyna/Sunny situation

On 2/16/2018 at 09:17, Sir Creep said:

FEMALE wrestling star LuFisto has revealed she has been diagnosed with cervical cancer and faces a financial fight to have life-saving surgery.

The French Canadian grappler, a huge name on the independent circuit, broke the news this morning on her 38th birthday.
SC

Surgery scheduled for Monday.  No chemo program yet, guess going to wait n see what surgery reveals.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LuFisto/status/983754985979699200

A tiny update on Matt Cappotelli, on Lindsay Cappotellis Instagram: 

Lindsay notes he can no longer walk and his left side of his body doesn't work, among multiple other expected things. One for the next few months for sure.

Hm, wasn’t entirely convinced that he was going this year cause I thought he might’ve been tough enough to last the year, but it sounds like he going sooner than I expected with that update...

Ugh...grim... not one for long.

I had a short time hesitating putting him on my team when some headline said that he has a maximum of five years to live (five years is a long time in deadpooling...). But the headline was a bit contradicted by the article, and well, my prejudice is that wrestlers don't life healthily enough to stall it.

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ugh...grim... not one for long.

I had a short time hesitating putting him on my team when some headline said that he has a maximum of five years to live (five years is a long time in deadpooling...). But the headline was a bit contradicted by the article, and well, my prejudice is that wrestlers don't life healthily enough to stall it.

I was in a similar boat as you. Cappotelli was actually going to be the joker of my B Team, but at last minute pushed him to the main team in favor of a FFBI (Sara Chivers to be more precise). Always thought the headline was misleading though due to his cancer type...