Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

I made him my Hare's joker since the average prognosis would take him to roughly fall 2018. Be surprising if he gets far into summer now.

Pictures from a few days ago. :(

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:46, msc said:

And if you want to go mainstream, Bruno Sammartino is retiring from all public appearances outwith his home (Pittsburgh). Could be age (he's 82), could be Grumpy Bruno, could be more...

It's more. Sammartino reportedly dead: http://www.pwmania.com/bruno-sammartino-passes-away

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It's more. Sammartino reportedly dead: http://www.pwmania.com/bruno-sammartino-passes-away

:( One of the greats. Arguably, the longest successful draw in US wrestling history. RIP.

Surely the biggest DDP miss of the year? Stunned nobody had him.

i had him in my 2012 wrestling themed team but that was the only year I did it and he's never been close to a consideration for my non theme team. It's a shocker despite his age because he seems like a healthy ox of a man, probably would have pegged him to last to 100 and beyond.

Bruno only in recent years begun to get the recognition he deserved. Much more of a legend than hogan ever was IMO. He got blackballed by the wwe for standing by his morals and trying to protect his fellow wrestlers. The wwe decades later came to the same conclusion. How many lives could of been saved? Would the Benoit situation have happened? Bruno was ahead of his time in more ways than one and his physique will probably go down as one of the most natural and best there ever was.

wow, that was unexpected for me. Maybe the best wrestler ever. RIP

• Like 1

Wow, I've had 3 hits, in basically just as many days, making it 7 altogether.

Another old school wrestling death the same day as Bruno

Paul Jones is dead at 75

Best remembered to Us audiences as a Manager in the 1980's leading mostly mid and lowcarder's in Paul Jones Army when Jim Crockett Promotions aka WCW went national.Dude was a huge singles and tag team star in Florida and the Mid Atlantic region in the 60s and 70s.

10 hours ago, FunkedUp said:

i had him in my 2012 wrestling themed team but that was the only year I did it and he's never been close to a consideration for my non theme team. It's a shocker despite his age because he seems like a healthy ox of a man, probably would have pegged him to last to 100 and beyond.

I had a wrestling theme team this year and he wasn't even close to my longlist of names I considered , I thought he was akin to someone like Jack LaLane (aka would be still be alive and able to beat up grown men at 90).

I thought Paul Jones was already dead, but I was thinking of Gary Hart.

Goddamn, what a bad day to die if you're a B-level wrestling personality.

The only reason I knew he was still alive was that at least twice I've thought "Oh aye Paul Jones, when did he die again?" only to be surprised he wasn't. Always looked at least 20 years older than he was back at the early Starrcades.

On 3/23/2018 at 01:34, the_engineer said:

Vader is having open heart surgery on Monday . According to him it's a tough surgery to get through. Though I looked up surviving the surgery and it is in the high 90s percentage wise . Maybe he's factoring in other health problems that  he has and lowers the survival. Hope he pulls through.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/vader-undergo-open-heart-surgery

Vader is back in hospital with pneumonia.

Pneumonia a fortnight after open heart surgery (on congestive heart issues) isn't a great mix. :(

Report of the death of former British wrestler and subsequently trainer Jeff Kaye:

Here's a clip of him wrestling "Marvellous" Mike Bennett back in t' day:

4 hours ago, msc said:

Pneumonia a fortnight after open heart surgery (on congestive heart issues) isn't a great mix. :(

Sad stuff. Its usually pneumonia that finishes alot of people off in those situations. If he can pull through this and leads a healthy lifestyle he could be around for  long time yet.

56 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Sad stuff. Its usually pneumonia that finishes alot of people off in those situations. If he can pull through this and leads a healthy lifestyle he could be around for  long time yet.

He better pull through until May Day.

3 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

He better pull through until May Day.

He’s still tweeting despite being hospitalized, so he should be fine. 

On 4/20/2018 at 08:09, msc said:

Downgraded to Bronchitis. Told you he would be fine: 

I think Vader's in the Superstar Billy school of ill wrestlers, rather than the Bobby Eaton/Ole Anderson one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I think Vader's in the Superstar Billy school of ill wrestlers, rather than the Bobby Eaton/Ole Anderson one.

Agreed. Only picked him for the cup because his son said that he was struggling to recover after heart surgery, but after some tweets saying that he improved, I knew he’d be fine. Not that it really matters for me though, I felt my time was up since Bishop Foley went, and I don’t think any of my subs would change that...

Giant Baba's widow, Motoko Baba, dead at 78. She took over the AJPW booking after Giant's death, and her disagreements with Mitsuharu Misawa led to the company split and the promotion's eventual collapse into irrelevancy. 

Lindsay Cappotelli’s Facebook page notes that Matt is going to try some radiation treatments for cancer. While I can’t link the Facebook post (don’t know why I can’t link the posts on to here), the photo that came with it, well, have your own interpretation of it...

79E26981-8EA2-4DC0-99BA-BC2F282BCEE9.jpeg

I interpret that photo as the only concrete plans he needs to make for Labor Day (U.S.) involve concrete slabs.