Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Although this tweet from a 27-follower account thinks she died in 2012, so idk.

Mediocre ECW/CZW journeyman Rockin' Rebel dead at 52, having apparently done a bit of the old murder/suicide on his wife first. CBS dont' name him but Blue Meanie is on the case:

12 hours ago, msc said:

Mediocre ECW/CZW journeyman Rockin' Rebel dead at 52, having apparently done a bit of the old murder/suicide on his wife first. CBS dont' name him but Blue Meanie is on the case:

Dead link.  

This or a few others work.

https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/ecw-rockin-rebel-dead-murder-suicide/

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Dead link.  

Slam wrestling

Possibly because the original source might have jumped the gun on who actually did the murdering. Details sketchy at moment.

Not often I post on this thread, but there's a GoFundMe page up for Ken Jugan, aka Lord Zoltan, who apparently has colon cancer.  

Really no idea about his fame credentials though - but I'm probably not the best judge as I don't know anything about wrestling.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Not often I post on this thread, but there's a GoFundMe page up for Ken Jugan, aka Lord Zoltan, who apparently has colon cancer.  

Really no idea about his fame credentials though - but I'm probably not the best judge as I don't know anything about wrestling.

At the Mark Curtis Benefit Show (no DDP points there, he died in 1999), Lord Zoltan took on Dominic Denucci in a "legends match" - bit of a fraudulent descriptions act bit, that. Denucci* could obit as trained Mick Foley, but Lord Zoltan is a journeyman who never made the big times.

He'd qualify for the Cup, as Slam/Canoe (Canadian sports site) counts and they cover all pro-wrestling deaths.

*Denucci's from Veneto, came to US in the 1950s. Early match, he gets asked to go on TV and do an interview to promote a cage match. Piss poor promoter so the "steel cage" is actually chicken wire, but Denucci is asked not to let the audience know. The limited in English  Denucci said on live TV: "This cage may look like chicken wire, but I assure you, it is not the chicken wire!" :D

Zoltan won't QO, but I remember him fondly as the kind of guy who'd always show up in the PWI 500 around 350th in the mid-90s. Back then, the PWI 500 was the only place you learned about obscure indie wrestlers. 

New photo featuring Matt Cappotelli. If he sees out next weekend I'll be surprised. Not to be rude by the way but I thought that was a crash test dummy in the bed at first. :(:pop:

Long term luchadore Mr Cid/Arkangel de la Muerte has died aged 52 (links in Spanish) from a heart attack. One of those "seemed to be around forever" names you'd see in the results sections of magazines or webzines back in the day, but never translated over to the US indies much.

Also, LOL at Wiki listing his retirement date as last night. Yeah, because he died!

William Regal has been away from the stage recently citing health issues. 50 is like 80 for a wrestler, you know...

1 hour ago, drol said:

William Regal has been away from the stage recently citing health issues. 50 is like 80 for a wrestler, you know...

Hope he's not fallen back on the painkillers like he did 20 years ago, dude's been the only entertaining GM in wrestling for decades.

Aye, same. Regal's an old favourite, and overcome many demons in his past.

Meme indie wrestler Alabama Doink has apparently died. Most famous for fighting WWE alum Heidenreich in a buffet parking lot:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Meme indie wrestler Alabama Doink has apparently died. Most famous for fighting WWE alum Heidenreich in a buffet parking lot:

That's taking the tribute act thing to an extreme.

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:03, Spade_Cooley said:

I think Vader's in the Superstar Billy school of ill wrestlers, rather than the Bobby Eaton/Ole Anderson one.

I see Big Van Vader's in the dead school of wrestlers.

Edited for Spade's post.

:(

Sting/Vader from Superbrawl 93 is still my vote for greatest match of all-time.

Metro obit. Yes, that is a QO. I forgot too...

One of the first wrestling matches i watched was vader vs goldust royal rumble 1998. I remember sneaking downstairs to watch it wwf/wwe as their ppvs are/were on at 1am to 4am UK time and it was school the next day. He really helped Kane in the early days get over aswell. R.I.P vader and real icon and legend of wrestling.

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Sting/Vader from Superbrawl 93 is still my vote for greatest match of all-time.

I'll have to check that out tonight.

On 18/05/2018 at 04:04, msc said:

Axl Rotten (ECW star, 1 WWE appearance, a few ECW tag titles, mostly indies) got a QO, so a former ECW World Champ would get one. The wife of a former ECW World Champ, I'm not so sure, unless the Sun gets the "mother with cancer" angle.

Relapsed brain cancer, this was always a high probability risk, especially when it became so malignant.

Genuinely could have been a star if not for the cancer.

Vaders apparently had more heart surgery.

Saturn doesn't keep well either. irc he has brain injuries and the like, and he spent 5 years as a homeless drug addict not so long ago. Also, he rather famously in wrestling lore got shot several times stopping a gang rape.

I guess we have the answer as to why Vader hadn't tweeted to that point (and never tweeted again).

Another hit, for me.

Notice that late 90s WCW jobber Johnny Attitude died the other week as well. He was the 90th person beaten by Goldberg in his 173-match winning streak. 

Other deceased wrestlers who were a part of that streak:

The Renegade

Brad Armstrong

Mark Starr

Ray Traylor

Rocco Rock

Curt Hennig

Brian Adams

Kanyon

Bam Bam Bigelow

Plus perennial wrestling deathlist favourites Bobby Eaton and Perry Saturn are both in the "pending" pile.

Some others like Joey Maggs and Al Green too. Though I can't mind if it was Al Green the dead wrestler, or Big Al from ECW who wrestled in WCW as Al Green at one point, but is still alive, who faced Goldberg on Nitro. Bloody WCW.

EDIT - With Vader's death, the 1996/97/98 Rumbles stand as:

1996 - 25/30 left alive (and with Owen, Bulldog and Vader among the first 5, wrong fucking order, Reaper...)

1997 -  26/30 left alive (again - Owen, Bulldog, Vader and, err, Crush/Brian Adams)

1998 -   25/27

Guess on next to go:

1996 - One of the Squat Team

1997 - Mil Mascaras

1998 - Chainz feels like one of those "what ever happened to" death notices tba...