Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

While we're here, a look at how oft mentioned WrestleMania VII (1991) is doing..

Trust the 2 best matches on the card to be the ones where every fucker involved is dead now. Yep, that Dino Bravo match, something special there... :D

It's quite impressive that all 4 men in the tag title match are still going, when it's got 3 alcoholics (at least), 2 guys who spent 20 years getting hit in the head with stupid things, 1 stroke victim, 1 heart attack (at least), and Jim Neidhart in it.

Results

No. Results Stipulations Times
1D Koko B. Ware defeated The Brooklyn Brawler Singles match Unknown
2 The Rockers (Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels) defeated The Barbarian and Haku (with Bobby Heenan) Tag team match 10:33
3 The Texas Tornado defeated Dino Bravo (with Jimmy Hart) Singles match 03:11
4 The British Bulldog defeated The Warlord (with Slick) Singles match 08:15
5 The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags) (with Jimmy Hart) defeated The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) (c) Tag team match for the WWF Tag Team Championship 12:10
6 Jake Roberts defeated Rick Martel Blindfold match 08:34
7 The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) defeated Jimmy Snuka Singles match 04:20
8 The Ultimate Warrior defeated Randy Savage (with Queen Sherri) Retirement match 20:47
9 Genichiro Tenryu and Kōji Kitao defeated Demolition (Crush and Smash) (with Mr. Fuji) Tag team match 04:44
10 Big Boss Man defeated Mr. Perfect (c) (with Bobby Heenan) by disqualification Singles match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship 10:46
11 Earthquake (with Jimmy Hart) defeated Greg Valentine Singles match 03:14
12 The Legion of Doom (Animal and Hawk) defeated Power and Glory (Hercules and Paul Roma) (with Slick) Tag team match 00:59[7]
13 Virgil (with Roddy Piper) defeated Ted DiBiase by countout Singles match 07:41
14 The Mountie (with Jimmy Hart) defeated Tito Santana Singles match 01:21
15 Hulk Hogan defeated Sgt. Slaughter (c) (with General Adnan) Singles match for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship 20:26
  • (c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
  • D – indicates the match was a dark match

Other on-screen personnel

Commentators
Interviewers
Ring announcer
Referees

• Like 2

On 05/07/2018 at 09:23, msc said:

Mick Foley posted a recent pic of himself with Dory Funk Jr. Not in immediate danger but 77 is 107 in wrestler years.

35970988_2166123560084437_40383831150585

And since there's Dory, here's Terry Funk (b. 1944) in 2018:

Coincidentally, Terry Funk has been recovering from abdominal hernia and diverticulitis:

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/973103-terry-funk-in-poor-health-mick-foley-hell-in-a-cell-special-coming-to-wwe-network#/slide/1

As you can see below, those of us with an eye on pro-wrestling and deadpooling options have been keeping a close eye on Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart (aged 63), brother in law of Bret Hart and father of multiple time WWE womens champion, Natalya. A few months back, Bret made a comment on Facebook about "needing to induct the Hart Foundation while Jim is about to appreciate it" which made sense given his many health issues. Now Chris Nowinski has let the cat out of the bag, before quickly deleting the tweet (as apparently he forgot to ask the family's permission to mention it!): Neidhart has early on-set Alzheimer's. Coupled with his other health issues, pretty much one to watch out for now.

(Oh, and he'll piss that QO like nothing nowadays when he goes, given how less famous the likes of Cappotelli are...)

On 16/01/2017 at 02:09, msc said:

1. Jim Neidhart (b. 1955) – fat druggy alcoholic, jailed for trafficking for five months in 2012.

On 27/01/2015 at 15:57, Spade_Cooley said:

Also, goddamn Jim Neidhart looks like a man currently going through a heart attack every time I see him on "Total Divas". That dude isn't making the next legends battle royale.

On 03/11/2014 at 12:03, msc said:

Jim Neidhart - Bret's brother in law. Recently a jailbird, drug issues, and looks like hell. He's 60 next year, he'd do well if he sees 65.

On 06/08/2016 at 18:51, msc said:

I think when it comes to the Harts and obits:

Bret Hart is a no-brainer. Diana Hart Smith should be due to her status as widow of The British Bulldog (a man who made the BBC news in 2002, lest we forget). TJ Wilson, Nattie Niedhart, Teddy Hart all would if it were a requirement any time soon due to age, the family "curse" and side stories (Wilson surviving the Christopher Reeve neck break, Teddy being properly insane) that would give it good copy. Jim Neidhart, Nattie's dad, should as he was a big name in the Hogan era. Smith and Bruce Hart - Bret's older brothers - are less well known, but still visible enough, one way or another, for journalists to have heard of them. Smith is your typical "promising young athlete turns to hedonism and pisses away their career with demons" story.

On 08/08/2015 at 22:05, CaptainChorizo said:

So I was watching one of the newer Tota Divas episodes and Jim Neidhart signing autographs with his daughter Natalya from WM earlier in the year was shown and from all accounts the guy looks healthier then he has in years. He was one I previously thought was on the clock to be one of the next Wrestling deaths.

It's quite impressive that all 4 men in the tag title match are still going, when it's got 3 alcoholics (at least), 2 guys who spent 20 years getting hit in the head with stupid things, 1 stroke victim, 1 heart attack (at least), and Jim Neidhart in it.

Neidhart played for a short spell in the NFL, so that may help a QO.  And yes he was a big name in wrestling in the 80s.

3 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Masa Saito, a former WWF world tag team champion and master of the suplex, has died.  He was 76.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/former-wwf-tag-team-champion-masa-saito-passes-away

Saito claimed NWA tag gold with Kenji Shibuya and picked up a championship in Canada alongside Gene Kiniski, before migrating to the WWF in 1981.
Shibuya and Kiniski died less than 3 weeks apart in 2010.
SC

• Like 1

Knew he was ill: Brock Lesnar's appearance on the 2015 "The Beast In The East" Network special was because he wanted to visit Japan and see Saito one final time before he died, they were close friends. Surprised he held on so long.

• Like 1

On 16/07/2018 at 12:20, alt obits guy said:

Masa Saito, a former WWF world tag team champion and master of the suplex, has died.  He was 76.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/former-wwf-tag-team-champion-masa-saito-passes-away

Only just saw the tribute on Raw. He won’t be bodyslamming any more policewomen at least 

Ring announcer Howard Finkle had a stroke and is in real bad health according to Jerry Lawler's recent podcast

Brickhouse Brown is in hospice care now according to Meltzer, has apparently lost 100 pounds since being diagnosed with cancer.

Also, Rayo de Jalisco Sr, who you might recall from random lists of really old wrestlers, will no longer be appearing on those lists aged 85.

Got into Big Davey Meltzer's HOF in the 90s.

Something up with Nikolai Volkoff, apparently.

Always reminds me of one of my favourite stupid wrestling lines, from Hacksaw Jim Duggan: "Nikolai, I'm not going to let you sing your song [Russian anthem] anymore, because this is THE LAND OF THE FREE!" :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Always reminds me of one of my favourite stupid wrestling lines, from Hacksaw Jim Duggan: "Nikolai, I'm not going to let you sing your song [Russian anthem] anymore, because this is THE LAND OF THE FREE!" :lol:

Volkoff was still taking the odd booking as recently as June 2017. 

9 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Brickhouse Brown is in hospice care now according to Meltzer, has apparently lost 100 pounds since being diagnosed with cancer.

And now he's dead.

Still the best shoot interview in history. 

3 hours ago, msc said:

Unfortunately for Nikolai, it’s not the land of free healthcare 

21 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

And now he's dead.

Another hit for me.

On 20/07/2018 at 23:38, Spade_Cooley said:

And now he's dead.

Curb your enthusiasm on Brickhouse Brown, he is still alive and kicking. Just his biological mother and the hospice care staff are a bunch of cunts and tought he was dead when he was sleeping. Not joking.

• Haha 5

Brickhouse Brown went to a hospice where he was diagnosed as dead on arrival. They then transferred him to a better hospice, which upgraded his condition to alive.

• Haha 1

Different grades of hospices?

My.....

Simpsons joke!

I know you (probably) knew but fuck it, bringing up the video anyway.

4 hours ago, drol said:

Curb your enthusiasm on Brickhouse Brown, he is still alive and kicking. Just his biological mother and the hospice care staff are a bunch of cunts and tought he was dead when he was sleeping. Not joking.

Talk about a botched finish.

:( Now I have to change my hit back to a non-hit

38 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

:( Now I have to change my hit back to a non-hit

He’ll be dead before the end of the year though...

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Unless they move him TO A BIGGER HOUSE HOSPICE!

See, get one Simpsons reference, get another free...

21 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, then I'll switch him back to a hit. :)