Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

23 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Known for having one of wrestling's worst looking foreheads, in terms of blading.

Image result for villano iii

And in any other terms as well.

• Like 1

Villiano III was, of course, in an elite group of wrestlers (along with Steve Austin, Sting, Randy Savage, Ric Flair, The Undertaker, Scott Steiner, John Cena and Edge) to have won both best match of the year and worst match of the year in the WON awards. I'd never seen the effort he won worst of the year for before, but boy howdy it's quite something.

28 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Inadvertently changed wrestling history.

One of the final straws for Mick Foley in WCW was that he was scheduled to face the "unbeatable" Yoshi Kwan at Fall Brawl which would lead to bigger things for him, only for reasons unknown to everyone bar Ric Flair who was writing the show at the time, Kwan then lost back to back matches to Van Hammer (future thread alumnus) of all people before the PPV match, thus killing Foley's push and interest. He moved to WWF, and was one of the keystones of the era that killed off WCW.

Anyhow, Kwan was Chris Champion.

Joshi wrestler Aliya' dead at 45. She wrestled for AJPW, Big Japan, CMLL, all the usual suspects, and even worked her retirement match earlier this year - a gauntlet - while suffering stage 4 cancer.

18 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Joshi wrestler Aliya' dead at 45. She wrestled for AJPW, Big Japan, CMLL, all the usual suspects, and even worked her retirement match earlier this year - a gauntlet - while suffering stage 4 cancer.

Sounds like a Misawa-style work ethic. Mind you don’t the Japanese promoters generally cover the performers’ medical expenses? Unlike their American counterparts 

Hong Kong wrestler Ray has passed away from a brain tumor aged 36. (link in japanese so apologies if it screws up)

Interesting thing about her is that she helped arrest a pervert stroking his meat stick on a train in 2012. Cheers to her.

6 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Hong Kong wrestler Ray has passed away from a brain tumor aged 36. (link in japanese so apologies if it screws up)

Interesting thing about her is that she helped arrest a pervert stroking his meat stick on a train in 2012. Cheers to her.

Thats why I couldn’t join DL until Dec 2014.

• Haha 3

"Dear Wrestling fans, we regret to inform you that Scott Hall will not be able to make his appearance tomorrow for The Rival Pro 1st Anniversary Show: Summer Rizing.

Unfortunately due to a Medical Emergency, Scott will be unable to travel. We are working on a possible date to reschedule. Scott's health is most important at this time and we wish him the best.

Scott loves his fans and is upset he can't make the show but as we said his health is most important and we are working on rescheduling with him.

Source

Could be nowt, but as an alcoholic with heart issues pushing 60, noted anyhow.

Terry Funk had to pull out of the pre-All In Starrcast convention with unspecified "health issues". Some scuttlebutt on wrestling forums say it's pretty serious but that might just be the old telephone/telegram/tellawrestler.

Hopefully just another exaggeration.

Lee Wang-Pyo, the Hulk Hogan of South Korea who probably would have been a massive star in Japan (and the US territories is well) if he'd ever bothered to leave Korea for a lengthy period of time, dead of renal cancer at 64.

Frank Andersson at 62, dabbled in and out of pro wrestling and made a comeback of late in his native Sweden.

Won bronze for them in 84 Olympics back in his amateur days.

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=7039218

hNGt2Xz.jpg

Ric Flair got married for the 5th or 6th time Wednesday

Will it be the last?

9 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff dealing with health & financial issues. CTE-related medical bills.

Called by me about a year and a half ago reading through the concussion scandal court documents:

On 08/03/2017 at 10:21, msc said:

2.       *Paul Orndorff – confusion, headaches, dizziness, severe loss of memory, fatigue, easily confused, repeats himself constantly, paranoid (yeah, hes got CTE)

That suggested WWE theme team of mine is down 7 men (all obited) within 2 years too. I really need to channel my nose for wrestling health woes into deadpool gold for myself.

Don't see it posted elsewhere....apologies if so.

Well-known wrestler Ganpatrao Andalkar died Sunday at a private hospital in Pune, his son said. He was 83.

Andalkar, a former Olympian who took part in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, had bagged the coveted "Hind Kesari" title in 1960.

He also went on to clinch Gold and Silver medals in two different weight categories in the 1962 Jakarta Asian Games.
SC

On 16/09/2018 at 05:27, msc said:

Called by me about a year and a half ago reading through the concussion scandal court documents:

That suggested WWE theme team of mine is down 7 men (all obited) within 2 years too. I really need to channel my nose for wrestling health woes into deadpool gold for myself.

The concussion lawsuit against the WWE brought forth by Orndorff, Road Warrior Animal, Jimmy Snuka etc. has also now been dismissed.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/9/18/17873904/concussion-cte-lawsuits-against-wwe-dismissed-legal-squash

Just now, alt obits guy said:

The concussion lawsuit against the WWE brought forth by Orndorff, Road Warrior Animal, Jimmy Snuka etc. has also now been dismissed.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/9/18/17873904/concussion-cte-lawsuits-against-wwe-dismissed-legal-squash

Yep in part because the lawyer (I swear I'm not making this up) copy and pasted large parts of the NFL concussion lawsuit, and forgot to change NFL to WWE in some parts of the document.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

As a former member of the legal community: wow.

On 16/09/2018 at 05:14, alt obits guy said:

Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff dealing with health & financial issues.  A GoFundMe account has been set up to keep his house out of foreclosure & cover CTE-related medical bills.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0915/645825/wwe-hall-of-famer-needing-gofundme-campaign-to-save-his-house/

Edit:  House has been saved from foreclosure.  (Includes a 40 second video of Orndorff thanking the fans.)

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/09/19/paul-orndorff-thanks-fans-saving-house/

• Like 1

X-Pac's ex-wife Terry Paulson dies and gets a Sun QO.