Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

7 minutes ago, msc said:

X-Pac's ex-wife Terry Paulson dies and gets a Sun QO.

How does an ex-wife get a QO and yet I’m missing out on points for Colin Butts?!

11 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

How does an ex-wife get a QO and yet I’m missing out on points for Colin Butts?!

Hey if you've got a problem with that, I got two words for ya;

giphy.gif

• Like 1

QO?  Someone had her?  Do we worry about the Q in QO for non-DDP people??

4 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

I just went through a bulk of the Lost list yesterday and there were 4 or 5 names I find truly astounding in their obit absences (not to mention my Hilda Hanson, but I digress--and there I go mentioning the not to mentions).  Colin Butts kinda on the fence for me of the 'can you believe it?" misses....but he is right up there, being British and all.  So yeah I guess so.  Not the most shocking but does give pause.
SC

49 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

QO?  Someone had her?  Do we worry about the Q in QO for non-DDP people??

Even QOs for non-DDP picks can be helpful in that sense of giving a reference point for gauging the obit chances of longlist names in a shared field.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Don Leo Jonathan, a legendary pro wrestling figure who appeared in over 2,800 bouts over three decades, has died.  He was 87.

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2018/10/13/22786171.html

Legendary figure. He'd been ill for some time.

Also mysteriously signed that concussion lawsuit paperwork despite being unaware of his surroundings.

Bret said Don Leo was the GOAT, and who am I to disagree? Pour one out.

47 minutes ago, msc said:

Legendary figure. He'd been ill for some time.

Also mysteriously signed that concussion lawsuit paperwork despite being unaware of his surroundings.

I was just looking at the plaintiffs in the lawsuit last night and saw his name (Don Leo Heaton).  Hadn't been aware anymore than he.  Some of those seeking compensation were going after the WWE's deep pockets despite having had little to do with the company most of their careers, e.g. Rod Price.

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Top star and current WWE Universal champion Roman Reigns went on Monday Night Raw to relinquish the title, announcing he's been diagnosed with leukemia for the 2nd time.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1012551-roman-reigns-leukemia-no-longer-champ

Could have an effect on Vince McMahon's health,the old man must be heartbroken

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Top star and current WWE Universal champion Roman Reigns went on Monday Night Raw to relinquish the title, announcing he's been diagnosed with leukemia for the 2nd time.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1012551-roman-reigns-leukemia-no-longer-champ

There's the next shocking death right there. That is literally shocking especially him having it for the second time. Alot of the anoa'i family have died early. Yokozuna, romans brother Matthew (rosey) and eddie (umaga).

I noticed something odd From some of the wrestlers on twitter they don't seem to think he's coming back, alot of 'you taught me everything',  'we'll miss you', 'thank you roman'.  Those saying kick its ass and come back stronger aren't wrestlers on the current roster. Make of that what you will.

We REALLY have different definitions of shocking.

Jose Lothario couldn't take Shawn's return and took himself out of the game.

One to watch for the future: Eric Ardnt AKA Enzo Amore was kicked off a plane. File under “This isn’t likely to end well”.

16 minutes ago, MadMac said:

One to watch for the future: Eric Ardnt AKA Enzo Amore was kicked off a plane. File under “This isn’t likely to end well”.

Yes but the plane had not took off yet, so he's fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, MadMac said:

He's got a dead before 50 feel about him.

• Thanks 1

Jim Ross took one hell of a fall bah gawd! That concrete is a son of a bitch! All seriousness though seems JR is hitting the bottle hard. Couple of people in the biz below his tweet saying 'hang in there'.Not sure if they know more than they're letting on or just an expression. JR I feel could go next year but I think it would be a gamble to pick him.

Always that one surprise wrestling death a year!

https://whatculture.com/amp/wwe/jim-ross-suffered-a-nasty-injury-last-night-photo

• Haha 1

On 16/11/2018 at 16:04, the_engineer said:

He's got a dead before 50 feel about him.

You might want to revise that figure: Mr. Ardnt turned up in the second row facing the hard camera early on at Survivor Series in Los Angeles this evening, and was “asked to leave”. 

• Like 1

Someone, Cuervo is not in this thread, despite taking a shoot brick to the head last night:

On 19/11/2018 at 01:47, MadMac said:

You might want to revise that figure: Mr. Ardnt turned up in the second row facing the hard camera early on at Survivor Series in Los Angeles this evening, and was “asked to leave”. 

Rumoured he is banned for life from attending wwe events, poster of his face at security for all WWE events.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuyInGreenWWE/status/1064669018122928128?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1064669018122928128&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ringsidenews.com%2F2018%2F11%2F19%2Fwwe-banned-enzo-amore-events%2F

One to watch: apparently “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, 64, is currently in intensive care for undisclosed reasons, but expects to be discharged on Saturday. Make of that what you will.

On 17/11/2018 at 15:19, the_engineer said:

Jim Ross took one hell of a fall bah gawd! That concrete is a son of a bitch! All seriousness though seems JR is hitting the bottle hard. Couple of people in the biz below his tweet saying 'hang in there'.Not sure if they know more than they're letting on or just an expression. JR I feel could go next year but I think it would be a gamble to pick him.

Always that one surprise wrestling death a year!

https://whatculture.com/amp/wwe/jim-ross-suffered-a-nasty-injury-last-night-photo

His slobber looks like it got well and truly knocked.....