Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

His pub (The Bridges in Dartford) was (presumably still is?) where the annual retired British wrestler meeting happens, a meeting that gets less and less in numbers every year.

• Thanks 1

Was hoping this would go unnoticed when I saw that tweet from his son, but in fairness if it's already in his bones and he's not taking treatment it's unlikely he'll make the starting line for 2021.

• Like 1

Hah I was thinking he sounded a neverland case - too healthy for the Cup, too ill for the next DDP.

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Hah I was thinking he sounded a neverland case - too healthy for the Cup, too ill for the next DDP.

And yet, ABC Pool, Windy City Pool and Poker Tourney all beckon.

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Good point, actually.

Ok everyone, pretend I never posted this information. :D

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

ABC DP will be updated in less than 30 hours.  Circs beyond my control, like lack of WIFI for two weeks.  Etc.  

SC

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Was hoping this would go unnoticed when I saw that tweet from his son, but in fairness if it's already in his bones and he's not taking treatment it's unlikely he'll make the starting line for 2021.

I was hoping the same thing...

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

However he delayed the Reaper by explaining the rules for an hour.

Sad news, one of the views of my childhood gone there.

1 minute ago, msc said:

However he delayed the Reaper by explaining the rules for an hour.

Sad news, one of the views of my childhood gone there.

Yeah, he was great at what he did.  This becomes another hit for me, not just in my Top 50 but in the biggest pool I have among my buddies.  So he died doing a good deed.  

10 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Finkus Maximus takes one fall.

tumblr_n6t1msDns21r7dh6wo2_500.png

Just texted my buddies "THIS DEATH IS SCHEDULED FOR ONE FALL!"  And I heard it in his booming voice, of course.  

Aw man, RIP Mr. Finkel. 

Hit #8 for me.

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

A rather surprising DDP unique for me. My thanks to I think @CaptainChorizo who posted the photo of him looking like death in late 2019 with a tag line something like 'Howard Finkel auditioning for DDP 2020 teams'.

9 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

A rather surprising DDP unique for me. My thanks to I think @CaptainChorizo who posted the photo of him looking like death in late 2019 with a tag line something like 'Howard Finkel auditioning for DDP 2020 teams'.

I had him last year in my pool too, as I thought he had a good chance to go in '19.  I remember seeing something on this site back in 2018 that led me to do so.  Picked him again in my Wrestling category earlier this year (we do our draft in early January) when I had the chance.  This site has been instrumental in how I try to make educated guesses on certain people, so in that sense I have too many people to thank.  I have huge blind spots in many areas, especially as an American, but I did put Honor Blackman on my Top 50 for this year.  I didn't feel comfortable entering into any pools on this site, but perhaps I'll change that in the future.  I'm sure most of my picks will continue to be USA-centric, but you have to get a Daniel arap Moi in there when the points are just staring you in the face!  

I guess some of that goes both ways, though.  For example, those of you in the UK should have all had Chris Doleman on your lists this year.  That was free money.  

18 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

I had him last year in my pool too, as I thought he had a good chance to go in '19.  I remember seeing something on this site back in 2018 that led me to do so.  Picked him again in my Wrestling category earlier this year (we do our draft in early January) when I had the chance.  This site has been instrumental in how I try to make educated guesses on certain people, so in that sense I have too many people to thank.  I have huge blind spots in many areas, especially as an American, but I did put Honor Blackman on my Top 50 for this year.  I didn't feel comfortable entering into any pools on this site, but perhaps I'll change that in the future.  I'm sure most of my picks will continue to be USA-centric, but you have to get a Daniel arap Moi in there when the points are just staring you in the face!  

I guess some of that goes both ways, though.  For example, those of you in the UK should have all had Chris Doleman on your lists this year.  That was free money.  

Chris Doleman was the 28th most popular name on the entire DDP this year, so yeah, lots of people had him on their lists.

The Windy City Pool for 2020-2021 (there's a thread in the Deadpool section) starts up again in a fortnight if you want to try out one of the forum games. Don't worry, folk don't bite. It took me a year or two to join in one of the forum games (the Deathrace in 2011 iirc...).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Don't worry, folk don't bite.

:axe:

No we're much worse than that!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Chris Doleman was the 28th most popular name on the entire DDP this year, so yeah, lots of people had him on their lists.

The Windy City Pool for 2020-2021 (there's a thread in the Deadpool section) starts up again in a fortnight if you want to try out one of the forum games. Don't worry, folk don't bite. It took me a year or two to join in one of the forum games (the Deathrace in 2011 iirc...).

I appreciate that, thanks. 

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Taking note on how to post obits for prominent tv celebs.  Stick to critiquing the paneling in your father's basement, my fay friend.
SC

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Taking note on how to post obits for prominent tv celebs.  Stick to critiquing the paneling in your father's basement, my fay friend.
SC

Fuck off Creep or I'll bar you from the Hares.

And mention my dead father once more, I'll be asking for a ban from the Forum for you.

• Like 1

Much better than Michael buffer. R.I.P Fink 

• Thanks 1