Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

This means "The Warriors" from 1990 (Animal, Hawk, Kerry Von Erich and Ultimate Warrior) become the second classic Survivor Series team to be completely wiped out. The first was Andre's team from 1988, which impressively has five dead wrestlers, two dead managers and a dead pre-match interviewer as seen from this photo:EA6nTQaU4AAx2DX.jpg

I like how in that photo you can clearly see six Hall of Famers... and Dino Bravo.

11 hours ago, msc said:

I like how in that photo you can clearly see six Hall of Famers... and Dino Bravo.

I like how in that photo you can clearly see six Hall of Famers... and Dino Bravo.and Frenchy Martin behind Mean Gene

5 minutes ago, Wee Jum said:

I like how in that photo you can clearly see six Hall of Famers... and Dino Bravo.and Frenchy Martin behind Mean Gene

I did say "see" - Frenchy's playing hide and seek behind Gene's big head!

• Like 1

Research led me to discover there are still five living wrestlers who fought Buddy Rogers for the WWWF title. They are:

Ted Lewin (b.1935) - Became a children's illustrator after he quit wrestling, and indeed that's what the majority of his Wikipedia entry focuses on. Brother of the more notable and possible QO-worthy Mark.

Buddy Colt (b.1940) - Was pilot in the plane crash that killed Bobby Shane and also shortened the careers of Gary Hart and Austin Idol in 1975

Dory Dixon (b.1935) - Former Mr Jamaica, one of the first wrestlers to break the colour barrier in New York. Spent the majority of his career in Mexico.

Pete Sanchez (DOB unknown) - There's at least three wrestlers of the same name out there, all of whom worked WWF at one point in their career. I think this is the New York-born one the internet credits with training current AEW worker Sonny Kiss

Pablo Iturbi - This guy seems to have zero footprint on the internet outside his name appearing in match listings. No pictures, nothing on posters, nobody going "wait, who was Pablo Iturbi?" Is he a copyright trap?

Jim Valley

Sort of a marginal level fame,but the man who co-host Wrestling Observer Live with Bryan Alvarez and is a big part of Dave Meltzer's website wrestling observer website is dying. He has a rare autoimmine disease called GPA and is currently in an ICU on a ventilator.

On 10/07/2017 at 21:57, the_engineer said:

Who thinks paige and alberto del rio's relationship will end up with one of them murdering the other? Either paige to end the violence or del rio will in a fit of rage.   He has be arrested for domestic abuse . paige made up some bullshit story about her crying about a relative and then a fan threw a drink over del rio . Only one problem with that though the police said del rio attacked a female he was with and why is he charged with domestic battery ?

Also I agree with spade_cooley JR  he has a serious alcohol problem and its starting to effect his commentary

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0710/627973/jim-ross-responds-to-critics-of-his-commentary-during-njpw-g1/

So, for those not following the story, WWE womens wrestler Paige (Saraya Bevis)  managed to get out of that abusive relationship soon after the events Engineer mentioned above. She had to retire due to neck injuries but does bits and bobs for the WWE on screen and is currently doing Twitch gaming. So seems in a better place  - at the very least, the least insane of her family. Small bar there, I admit.

However, it appears she's had a very lucky escape, as former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio is facing life imprisonment in Texas for his treatment of another girlfriend, indicted by grand jury on the charges of kidnapping, rape and threatening to kill a child.

https://talksport.com/sport/wrestling/771689/wwe-alberto-del-rio-aggravated-kidnapping/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8306165/WWE-alum-Alberto-Del-Rio-accused-raping-woman-threatening-child-San-Antonio.html

• Like 1

On 30/01/2020 at 11:42, msc said:

Len Rossi (1930) - NWA Hall of Famer who won their tag titles 14 times back when it mattered.

Len Rossi dead at 91, apparently, after battle with cancer.

• Like 1

According to various sources. The Wrestling Promoter who Jim Cornette dubbed "Ernest T. Bass" named Terry Landell & infamously had a blowout with which was mentioned on his podcast. Has been hospitalized for over 3-4 months with Diabetes Complications. I'm sure Jim Cornette's happy to know that Landel may be kicking the bucket soon.

8 hours ago, MILFHunterGMan said:

According to various sources. The Wrestling Promoter who Jim Cornette dubbed "Ernest T. Bass" named Terry Landell & infamously had a blowout with which was mentioned on his podcast. Has been hospitalized for over 3-4 months with Diabetes Complications. I'm sure Jim Cornette's happy to know that Landel may be kicking the bucket soon.

You could fill your allowance of three DDP teams a year just with people whose death Corny will celebrate.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MILFHunterGMan said:

It was quite the story Cornette told on the podcast about Landell and an incident involving a car. Can't remember the details, but no love lost.

On 15/08/2016 at 16:47, Spade_Cooley said:

Not one to trouble the mainstream obituary writers, but 29-year-old German pro-wrestler Karsten Beck has been diagnosed with a brain tumour .

Just for completeness, Karsten Beck is dead at 34.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drol said:

Just for completeness, Karsten Beck is dead at 34.

And he would’ve QO’d!!!

Just now, Joey Russ said:

And he would’ve QO’d!!!

"Legend"...

Necro Butcher for Drop 40 with this development? :D

Can only mean 1 thing

Metro Obit Writers Fancy Session Moth Martina and decided to do a Karsten Beck writeup because he was her co-worker/friend in WXW

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Tracey Smothers' never-ending list of medical issues has finally caught up with him 

Link not working.

3 minutes ago, drol said:

Link not working.

Would this work?

• Thanks 1

Here is Smothers’ metro obit

Another shortlist loss. His cancer came back recently. His fate was sealed.

Would have been a DDP unique for me had it not been for that wrestlers theme team. Bad luck.