Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

On 28/10/2020 at 18:03, drol said:

Would have been a DDP unique for me had it not been for that wrestlers theme team. Bad luck.

Yeah, sorry about that.

• Haha 1

On 30/09/2019 at 15:05, Spade_Cooley said:

In passing heard someone on a wrestling podcast say that notorious former WCW EVP Jim Herd is no longer healthy enough to do an interview for any book on WCW's early years. Would be a 50/50 chance of getting a QO if he did go however.

Jim Herd doing an interview with Conrad Thompson next week (poor sod) so perhaps he'll give us some hints about his health.

Roll tide on that.

Elsewhere, this tweet "from" Terry Funk regarding Smothers' death does have the air of "he mumbled something from the room he never leaves and so we had to add some extra words to make it coherent"

tbh Terry's one of the GOAT in my book but that could have described any of his promos since about 1990...

Kylie Rae ? yeah me either, is no longer a wrestler. 

kr.jpg

Kylie Rae's "I'm in AEW"/"no wait I'm not, something bad happened there and I won't betray my Christian beliefs"/"I'm now opening a Patreon where you can see me in my skivvies smoking weed"/"Now I'm in Impact"/"No, wait, I'm going to go radio silent for fortnight and not tell anyone where I am"/"Actually I'm retiring" schtick has suicide-in-six-months written all over it.

See I got ninja'd here....

Kylie Rae?  Wasn't he in Star Wars?

• Haha 2

Twitter reporting the death of Teijo Khan (Thomas Leroy Kasat), who mostly worked in the territories from the mid-1980s to the early 90s. Khan apparently died in April, but it's only being reported now. Wikiwand picked up on it and updated his biography to indicate he's now deceased.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Teijo_Khan

• Like 1

On 02/11/2020 at 14:06, msc said:

Jim Herd doing an interview with Conrad Thompson next week (poor sod) so perhaps he'll give us some hints about his health.

FtWCnbq.jpg

I've seen healthier looking men, but at least he can move himself about to a studio.

Superstar Billy Graham recently had skin cancer removal surgery. 

This guy is the Dilip Kumar of wrestling.

Just now, drol said:

This guy is the Dilip Kumar of wrestling.

Don't besmirch a forum immortal by comparing him to a charlatan. :D

• Like 1

TNA/Impact co-founder Bob Ryder, one of those names that always gets mentioned in dispatches without being seen much, dead.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

TNA/Impact co-founder Bob Ryder, one of those names that always gets mentioned in dispatches without being seen much, dead.

The last great casting coucher of professional wrestling, allegedly. Chris Harris and Abyss both had to, ahem, show him some body work to get their TNA pushes.

Ronnie Massaro

Ronnie, who had been battling depression and alcoholism since the suicide of his sister wrestler Ashley Massaro in 2019,was stabbed to death in a random attack Monday night.He checked out of rehab 12 hours earlier. He was 39

• Sad 1

On 22/11/2020 at 16:25, HDS said:

Superstar Billy Graham recently had skin cancer removal surgery. 

Seriously how is this guy still alive?? His body started falling apart in the 80s and it’s been one long downward spiral ever since 

Couldn't speak English properly, a rapist and sexual predator, but truly one of the all-time great wrestling minds.

Not only a lovely rare hit for team Gris Gris, but an actual reason to update the ABC Deadpool.  Huzzah!

SC

• Like 1