Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

16 minutes ago, ebless said:

Is Pat Patterson really dead?

Being reported on PWInsider.com. They don’t “go to press” without verifying their sources.

Death of Patterson leaves just two people who were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame during the 1990s.

Ivan Putski and Johnny Rodz. Both turning 80 next year!

• Like 1

I was not aware that he was sick. Such a shame. Vince must be heartbroken. 

One of the best ever behind the scenes. Very sad news.

Hit #26 for me

I bet you're all thinking - man, I haven't heard much on dementia this week. So to compensate, a pre-DDP reminder of some big names suffering from the ailment. Yeah its not a sport but its contact theatre and the injuries (and consequences) are much the same, and in the last few months alone Pat Patterson and Mark Rocco have died with it.

Paul Orndorff - beat cancer twice, now suffers from severe dementia and likely CTE.

Dave Hebner - got diagnosed before 2014, got the "gravely ill" podcast talk about 2-3 years ago, stunned he's still going.

Ahmed Johnson - allegedly

Heidenreich - combines early onset memory loss with congestive heart failure.

Of the 42 wrestlers who claimed critical health issues and "early signs" of dementia onset in that lawsuit, 12 have died since 2016. Along with the above, the remaining are:

Earl Hebner - suffering "cognitive difficulties" and memory loss so likely following his twin above.

Ken Patera - has the constant headaches of post-concussion syndrome.

Sabu - "The Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal, Death–Defying Maniac" has the least surprisingly "extensive neurological issues" in history.

Barry "Smash/Repo Man" Darsow - "severe loss of memory"

Bill "Ax" Eadie - severe memory loss, headaches, did have heart issues at one point.

Berzerker (John Nord) - dying of ALS

Johnny "The Bull" Stamboli -  severe memory loss, headaches, took a lot of stupid shots to the head.

Mike Enos

Butch Reed

Jazz

Slyvain Grenier - severe memory loss but was still one of the main carers for Pat Patterson...

Muhammed Hassan

Shane Douglas

Henry Godwinn

Judy Martin

Mark Jindrak

The Warlord

Marty fn Jannetty - allegedly unaware of his surroundings (unless confessing to murder, rape or wanting to shag his foster daughter), regular blackouts, self-medicates

Mantaur

Black Bart - meant to be on his way out since 2015 though

Slick

The One Man Gang

Jimmy Jack Funk

Boris Zhukov

Rodney Mack

Angelo Mosca also has dementia, as does Danny HodgeVampiro claims he has Alzheimer's but take anything he says with a lorry of salt. World of Sport's Jim Breaks was too demented to stand trial for murder. Mick Foley has had extreme memory loss since 1999 and his having likely CTE is an open secret, sadly.

As with other areas of the world, this has expanded considerably within the last few years.

On 22/11/2020 at 16:25, HDS said:

Superstar Billy Graham recently had skin cancer removal surgery. 

Hospitalised again due to a "significant big toe infection"...

• Like 2

On 17/12/2020 at 21:40, Perhaps said:

Hospitalised again due to a "significant big toe infection"...

He must surely hold some sort of record for "longest time spent at death's door".....

Charlie Haas is one to keep an eye on. The guy looks like he's not well at all. Some below in comments said cancer , another said drugs.

Nah, he's just ugly. Those aren't the shoulders of a sick man.

On 11/12/2020 at 00:13, msc said:

Angelo Mosca also has dementia, as does Danny Hodge.

On 08/07/2018 at 17:15, msc said:

Danny Hodge, a revered amateur wrestler and pro-wrestler of the old school makes a spirited bid for contention on your long lists:

New information in bold, he was still doing fan meet and greets few years back and has apparently gone downhill quickly...

Danny Hodge will no longer be making a spirited bid for contention for any long lists, as I'm afraid he's just died.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Is Vince McMahon unwell?

2 minutes ago, drol said:

Is Vince McMahon unwell?

Nowt confirmed as he's very private about his health but from his rare public appearances this year, imo, yes. Last time he spoke on TV he was struggling to piece together single sentences.

Been confirmed now by AEW.

Unbelievably tragic.

Well, that's fucking awful. Brodie/Luke Harper was an awesome big man and looked destined for big things in AEW. Legit saddened by this.

8 hours ago, drol said:

Is Vince McMahon unwell?

Several people have commented on his appearance at Undertaker’s retirement not being his usual self.

I am devastated. When i got back into wrestling, he was the main guy for me to watch. Saw him live in Copenhagen and he was beyond great. 

Rest well, Brodie... Damn... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Awful. Makes me think how easy it is to die. Then I watch at Carlos Menem or Meshulam D. Soloveitchik and get reassured.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Biggest death of an "active" wrestler since Misawa in 2009?

For me it's since  'the Benoit murder suicide' . Absolutely shocking. Thoughts go to his wife and two young kids :(

12 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

For me it's since  'the Benoit murder suicide' . Absolutely shocking. Thoughts go to his wife and two young kids :(

I found Roddy Piper to be the biggest shock.