Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Edit: eh, forget it, it's the post above...

Anyway, I guess that's why Jim Ross looked bad in the previous month.

On 29/11/2020 at 08:43, alt obits guy said:

Twenty year pro wrestler Jimmy Rave abruptly announces retirement after untreated infection necessitates arm amputation above the elbow.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/11/former-roh-impact-star-jimmy-rave-announces-his-in-ring-677438/

Jimmy Rave updates his situation, conceding it went from bad to much worse. Doctors confirmed this past summer he had MRSA in both legs and they have been amputated, as well. Now dealing with a $100,000 medical bill.

https://nodq.com/news/former-roh-star-jimmy-rave-shares-his-expensive-medical-bill/

On 21/03/2021 at 13:24, msc said:

Updating the notable wrestlers or wrestling personalities who are older than or will turn 70 in 2021. As you can see from the Wiki list, not yet dead old timer wrestlers keep being found down the back of various sofas as no one was keeping records in the 50s - however, I've stuck to adding the few new names who might get you a QO in various deadpools. Caswell Martin (born 1932) lives, for example, but wont pick up a QO for anything, outside of maybe the Deathrace.

1937 - Mark Lewin, Jim Breaks (age given when arrested), Angelo Mosca, Paul Vachon

Angelo Mosca reportedly over the ropes, aged 84: https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2021/11/06/angelo-mosca-dead-at-84/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Antonio Inoki looking better in this video of him eating an ostrich egg five days ago:

Visibly frail and his legs are covered with a blanket but much better than in june.

On 10/06/2021 at 14:47, msc said:

One of wrestling's carousel wheel of addicted fuckwits we mention 2 or 3 times a year. Apparently Sunny was in jail last month for breaking various parole orders and no one noticed. She's fallen so hard now I don't give her long unless she manages to turn it around at the 11th hour.

Tammy "Sunny" Sytch released From jail - Wrestling Inc.

Wheel of fortune turns so we should hear the latest idiocy from Marty Jannetty any week now...

Tammy "Sunny" Sytch has been in hospital for 10 days now, things keep coming up that need testing:

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-hall-of-famer-tammy-sunny-sytch-hospitalized-10-days/

Just now, gcreptile said:

Tammy "Sunny" Sytch has been in hospital for 10 days now, things keep coming up that need testing:

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-hall-of-famer-tammy-sunny-sytch-hospitalized-10-days/

Not someone I'd pick on the DDP myself but her luck is going to fully run out sooner than later.

And on cue, we should get the latest fuckwittery from Marty Jannetty by the end of the week.

Catching up on the last series of Dark Side of the Ring. There's a doc about Luna Vachon and her stepdad Paul Vachon (a renowned pro-wrestler) shows up, struggling to breath and talk. To be frank, he's not going to be around in 18 months time.

• Like 2

Worth pointing out that since Triple H's "cardiac event" in the first week of September, there's been just one photo of him and no other news. I'm not saying pick him in 2022, but....

New (I think) Inoki video:

Anyone here that can translate Japanese?

A Terry Funk sort of update. Basically confirming his memory is shot and he remains in a nursing home now. Whisper it but I think this latest retirement is probably for real now.

“He’s in assisted living. I spoke to him earlier this year and he had a hard time remembering and he snapped back in. I was trying to get him on one of these Pro Wrestling Spotlight Live [shows] that I did on YouTube. I talked to him but I just knew after that conversation that it wasn’t gonna happen because he was in the middle of a conversation and he goes, ‘am I John, who are you?’ He didn’t really remember very much but when I was with Mick Foley not too long ago, a couple of weeks back here in Nashville, he had talked to Terry recently and he said that Terry was sounding better. He’s getting the care he needs and it looks like Terry Funk is fighting as he always has done to this time just remain cognizant and just be the legend that he is and we wish him the best and we pray for him all the time.”

I admit the source doesn't talk in the most clear English you'll read...

On 15/11/2021 at 14:50, Spade_Cooley said:

Worth pointing out that since Triple H's "cardiac event" in the first week of September, there's been just one photo of him and no other news. I'm not saying pick him in 2022, but....

I wonder if that's why they're releasing talent? They're selling up . No one to take over from Vince as triple H is basically f**ked

On 15/11/2021 at 08:50, Spade_Cooley said:

Stephanie McMahon mentioned in a recent interview he's doing great. Plus in that recent video of him during the new WWE HQ contruction. He appeared to seem fine.

Word going around social media that Eddie Mansfield, pro wrestler who exposed the wrestling business on American television in the 80s, is dead.

edit: looking more and more like just unfounded rumors.

Edited by HDS
Updating