Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Wonder if it might be because he's been told to come off the roids after his heart attack, and as such he now looks like someone trying to fill in a sausage on the Generation Game?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Whilst I suspect that steroids may be part of the problem, they're claiming it's a genetic cardiac issue in his family.

2 hours ago, msc said:

Big one. Blackjack Lanza dead.

WWE Legend Blackjack Lanza Passes Away - Wrestling Inc.

HOW, THATCHER? HOW???? :o:lol:

I am convinced Thatcher has access to the newswires and sees confirmation of deaths as soon as they reported on them (and for some deaths that is shortly before any tweets or orbits are posted..)

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I am convinced Thatcher has access to the newswires and sees confirmation of deaths as soon as they reported on them (and for some deaths that is shortly before any tweets or orbits are posted..)

Hah, he is very quick on the upload. It was more the timing that Meltzer announced 25 mins earlier, and then, suddenly, just as I went to press "submit reply": "New post by Thatcher". The timing was almost psychic. 

• Like 1

One to keep an eye on, alas. After nearly a decade of sobriety, Jeff Hardy has relapsed badly, had a weird in ring incident during a show recently, and has now been fired by WWE for refusing to go to rehab. Given his addictions nearly killed him in the past.

Chris Jericho hospitalised in Swansea for a sudden "non-covid, treatable health condition" during his Fozzy tour. Now he's in his middle aged spread and still trying to go like he was in his 20s, one to keep a loose eye on.

EDIT - In my defence, I assumed any wrestling news would be in this thread!

• Like 1

On 09/12/2021 at 08:03, msc said:

One to keep an eye on, alas. After nearly a decade of sobriety, Jeff Hardy has relapsed badly, had a weird in ring incident during a show recently, and has now been fired by WWE for refusing to go to rehab. Given his addictions nearly killed him in the past.

That’s one that came across my radar as well. His wife and brother have both reported that he’s “OK” on the Twittersphere, but certainly worth considering.

On 09/12/2021 at 16:03, msc said:

4 minutes ago, MadMac said:

That’s one that came across my radar as well. His wife and brother have both reported that he’s “OK” on the Twittersphere, but certainly worth considering.

Jeff Hardy's news has reached the pages of the BBC. Interesting that he could obit there.

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Jeff Hardy's news has reached the pages of the BBC. Interesting that he could obit there.

I think, where anything to happen, he'd get a front page spot ala Dusty Rhodes or Roddy Piper or when Ric Flair was ill. He's easily one of the most popular stars this century, especially with kids, and also a former WWE Champ to boot. The timing of this is uncanny too - reports Jeff might be the Rumble opponent for Roman Reigns, Freddie Prinze Jr bringing up that HHH (still recovery from his own HA) had been against Jeff's main event push as he was "utterly unreliable" then a few days later - relapse. 

Hopefully he'll recover though - he has two young kids and had done well to go nearly a decade sober. The fact that the last main eventer to be fired for refusing rehab wound up dead six months later isn't a great precedent, however.

• Like 2

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/13/hannibal-blood-hunter-wrestler-ref-spike-stab-head-hospital/

Wrestler/youtube personality "Hannibal" Devon Nichols, known from getting Hepatitis C from Abdullah the Butcher, has stabbed a referee multiple times in the head with an iron spike during a match, breaking an artery and almost killing him...

What a horrible person. Now apparently banned from his future events.

On 25/10/2021 at 22:30, alt obits guy said:

Jimmy Rave updates his situation, conceding it went from bad to much worse. Doctors confirmed this past summer he had MRSA in both legs and they have been amputated, as well. Now dealing with a $100,000 medical bill.

https://nodq.com/news/former-roh-star-jimmy-rave-shares-his-expensive-medical-bill/

More updates on Jimmy Rave's situation, it's gone from much worse to he's dead.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

It’s been reported that Corporal Kirchner of 1980s WWF has failed to answer the bell. Some readers may recall that WWE announced his death in 2006 until his mother pointed out the error of their ways.

Out of respect for the dead, if he is properly dead this time, I won't go into what a cunt that guy was.

Looks like either a) there's a COVID outbreak among the WWE roster or b) they're panicking about there being a COVID outbreak and are locking half the roster away to prevent future PPVs being screwed.