Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Terry Funk / Mick Foley Instagram picture taken January 22nd, 2022. While Terry has aged, he doesn't look to appear on death's doorstep.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Terry Funk / Mick Foley Instagram picture taken January 22nd, 2022. While Terry has aged, he doesn't look to appear on death's doorstep.

Looks a lot better than photos of him from last year.

• Like 1

Oh wow, #4 for me. January has been decent for me, this year.

Nia Jax ,who was released last year by WWE admitted in a recent interview what was already speculated,that she was asked to get Vaccinated but refused.   Given her size and poor conditioning probably someone to keep an eye on in the next few years as a possible Covid victim.

On 22/01/2022 at 21:50, alt obits guy said:

Good sign if he can still remember who Mick is 

11 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Nia Jax ,who was released last year by WWE admitted in a recent interview what was already speculated,that she was asked to get Vaccinated but refused.   Given her size and poor conditioning probably someone to keep an eye on in the next few years as a possible Covid victim.

Eh, yeah, she is big. But I think she will manage getting covid given her age and health. 

Not being vaccinated is of course a risk, but it just seems unlikely to be eyeing her. 

Candi Devine, the AWA's answer to Wendi Richter in the 1980s, has died aged 63. She suffered organ issues from a seizure last year and never fully recovered.

• Like 2

On 01/02/2022 at 22:57, CaptainChorizo said:

I would say heart attack more than anything

• Like 1

FL8Y4j2aMAImtEY.jpg

Former professional wrestler Antonio Inoki celebrated his 79th birthday today, February 20. Yesterday, February 19, he updated his Twitter and reported that he received fruits and vegetables from his fans, "I received a little early birthday present! He reported

He also said, "I'm currently fighting a disease with low salt and potassium restriction, so I can only eat a little bit of my favorite fruits and vegetables, but I'm really grateful for all the delicious food sent to me from all over Japan! I'm going to eat a lot of delicious food and get more energetic!

He also uploaded a photo of himself smiling with a small tomato in his hand. His fans on Twitter were relieved to see that he seemed to be in good health, "I was worried about you since you haven't updated for a while," "Your complexion has improved and you seem to have more appetite than before" and "Your expression has recovered."

• Like 3

Guess who's been arrested?

Yep, Sunny. For DUI and driving without a licence.

Jim Cornette may be happy to hear this.

The Wrestling Promoter who he infamously nearly ran over in 2000 over competing wrestling events Terry Landell passed away today. Or as Jim Cornette called him "Ernest T. Bass" after the ruckus causing yokel played by Howard Morris in the Andy Griffith Show.

Kurt Angle's older brother Eric, who also worked for the WWE briefly, needs a new kidney... if anybody is feeling charitable

image.thumb.png.811152ea365bdf2a968d2bba0f4dc9b4.png

Considering he pleaded guilty to dealing steroids on the dark web, you'd think he'd know where to get a second-hand kidney...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Considering he pleaded guilty to dealing steroids on the dark web, you'd think he'd know where to get a second-hand kidney...

I wish he put that in the statement.

Thank you and God bless! 

P.S my brother dealt steroids on the dark web.

On 07/04/2016 at 14:50, Spade_Cooley said:

Further to earlier upthread discussion about the oldest living professional wrestler, Joe D'Orazio, who was one of Mick McManus's tag partners back in the 50s, is still alive at 93.

This forum post says he should be well enough to make a wrestling convention in August of this year, we'll see. Make it 4/6 he gets a Guardian obit when he goes.

This may be time to test out your Joe D'Orazio comments: 

Edit: He's a DDP Pick, btw. So...let's see if he's dead and QObits.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

With his passing, I think that's it for anyone involved in wrestling over the age of 90 who could feasibly get a traditional QO. Former World Class commentator Bill Mercer might get one via the Yahoo loophole, but other than that you're going to have to go down to 89-year-old Gene LeBell for someone who will get a trad QO.

• Like 1

Of the 85+ wrestling figures:

100% guaranteed QOs: Gene LeBell, Billy Two Rivers

95% guaranteed: Max Crabtree

50/50: Pepper Martin, Earl Maynard

Admittedly, only Rivers and Crabtree would be getting those solely on wrestling. LeBell is more famous for his judo and film work (was also the inspiration for Brad Pitt's character in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood). Martin and Maynard also acted (Martin was the lorry driver Superman is beaten up by in... Superman 2?)

7 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Of the 85+ wrestling figures:

100% guaranteed QOs: Gene LeBell, Billy Two Rivers

95% guaranteed: Max Crabtree

50/50: Pepper Martin, Earl Maynard

Admittedly, only Rivers and Crabtree would be getting those solely on wrestling. LeBell is more famous for his judo and film work (was also the inspiration for Brad Pitt's character in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood). Martin and Maynard also acted (Martin was the lorry driver Superman is beaten up by in... Superman 2?)

'

I admit Jim Breaks age changed 5 times during his trial, but he is about 85 and will certainly obit. Shinma probably- who was the last HOFer not to to get a QO? 

There's also a few routes for Eddie Sharkey - he dies roughly the same time as The Berzerker (the Brickhouse Brown route), or we get a "Bronn Breaker mourns family friend" type obit - but that's down the route of 50/50

Couple of biggish wrestling updates for deadpoolers, one positive one negative.

Necro Butcher is back wrestling death matches again, which is not something you'd expect a man with terminal cancer to be doing. Looks a lot better than he did 18 months ago as well:

However, there's a line from the new Observer about William Regal that jumped out at me:

Regal mentioned about having limited time left...Apparently Regal’s health issues at this stage are far more serious than have ever come out and there is an interview that will be released next week that he did for Talk is Jericho that will detail them"

So... see you back here after Talk Is Jericho?

• Like 1