Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Sepsis + double pneumonia and other issues. To me sounds like he's utterly fucked...

On 06/08/2022 at 02:35, msc said:

Ivan Putski is 81 now. That's beyond ancient for an old wrestler. Probably gone in next 2-3 years, but then how is Abby still going FFS?

Has Greg Valentine aged at all in 40 years? Doubting it.

Jimmy Hart is 80 next January. There's a man whose looked after his health.

Also, see Luke but no Butch, whose health has been poor in recent years.

Putski slightly pre-dates the sports entertainment era, don’t think he was a roidhead? Steroids gradually became more widespread after Superstar Billy Graham became WWF champ, was endemic by the time Hogan reached the top in 84/85. Wrestlers from the Sammartino era tend to have fared a bit better 

22 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

Putski slightly pre-dates the sports entertainment era, don’t think he was a roidhead? Steroids gradually became more widespread after Superstar Billy Graham became WWF champ, was endemic by the time Hogan reached the top in 84/85. Wrestlers from the Sammartino era tend to have fared a bit better 

Wrestlers from the Sammartino era still tend to peg out in their 70s or early 80s. Even folk like Larry the Ax and Bruno themselves. Those who make 85+ are outliers. Ivan Putski could become one (I don't see his son getting close to his age though), but if Abdullah gets into the 85+ range it will be a miracle worthy of Drol's immortals list. 

Also, Ivan Putski full time run with the WWF only ended in 1987. He was there for ages. Pre-dated the Superstar and Bob Backlund eras, and was still there as enhancement in the era of WrestleMania 3. The sort of longevity in one company which is far more common these days than it was back then.

On 20/02/2014 at 16:18, Spade_Cooley said:

Predicting which wrestlers are going to die is such a crapshoot, as the many theme teams with 20 men still left standing each DDP show. Even guys you'd think were bankers (Heenan, Graham, Gagne) show a strong resolve, then you have the additional problem of weird obit choices in The Sun (obituaries for Andre Williams and Oliver Humperdinck, no obit for Chief Jay Strongbow).

Still think Kamala (legs amputated due to diabetes) has to be gone within 18 months, and Lord Littlebrook (care home confined, may even get Guardian/Times obits due to being British and wrestling back in the 60s over here) is another one to keep an eye out for. Then there's always some mid-card bums who decide life is too much for them and put a bullet through their skull the first chance they get... how's Pierre Carl Oulette doing? Savio Vega? Mark Jindrak?

Savio Vega hospitalised after "medical emergency".

13 hours ago, arghton said:

Sepsis + double pneumonia and other issues. To me sounds like he's utterly fucked...

Absolutely not. To be discharged tomorrow.

The fact that the Iron Sheik is still going strong is a miracle. He was an alcoholic, crack addict and into all kinds of recreational drugs over his career.

4qlF9d1.jpg

Recent Inoki appearance on Japanese TV.

Mr. Inoki appeared on stage in a wheelchair pushed by Arashi’s member Kazuya Ninomiya. When the microphone was pointed at him by announcer Kazuo Tokumitsu, an old acquaintance of his, he said his catchphrase in a loud voice, "How are you? If you are well, you can do anything," (Genki desuka? Genki ya areba nandemo dekiru.)
When asked by announcer Shinichi Hatori about his physical condition, he replied, "As you can see, I'm doing my best. I'm really in no condition to get up anymore, but seeing you all has cheered me up as well," he replied.

• Like 2

On 04/03/2021 at 09:31, msc said:

Another tip from Japan is the original Tiger Mask is apparently very unwell. Given his history with Dynamite Kid, I think he could get a QO.

cough - @arghton - cough.

I still think he'd got a QO though he's not going to drop dead from that ailment. 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2021 at 14:17, Spade_Cooley said:

1950 does have Bob Backlund, hepatitis' very own "Cowboy" Bob Orton and the apparently soon-to-be-dead Genchiro Tenryu waving the flag.

Apparently soon-to-be-dead Genichiro Tenryu hospitalised with spinal cord injury, but life "not in immediate danger".

• Like 1

Adrian Street's shown up in the crowd at Clash looking half dead.

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

New picture of Steve McMichael being visited by, among others, Ric Flair.

https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/1566157094281220096/photo/1

Jesus Christ he looks like literal death. I'd be very surprised if he survives the next week nevermind anymore time 

• Like 1

Howard Brody, who was president of the NWA from 1996 to 2001, in the years after WCW left the organization and it became a shell of its former self, died in late August. Brody had been in the business for many years prior.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/08/24/former-nwa-president-howard-brody-passes-away/

3 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Howard Brody, who was president of the NWA from 1996 to 2001, in the years after WCW left the organization and it became a shell of its former self, died in late August. Brody had been in the business for many years prior.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/08/24/former-nwa-president-howard-brody-passes-away/

First Eazy-E, now Bro-D 

11 hours ago, Gallows_Humorist said:

Impact Wrestling's Joe Doering has had his brain cancer return and is stepping away from the ring once again to seek treatment.

Damn, only 40 years old. Wishing him all the best.

• Like 1

The death has been announced of the tenured luchador Starman at the age of 47.

Also known during his career as Ultraman Jr, he made his debut in April 1994 and only lost one Luchas de Apuestas out of five in his career.

https://www.superluchas.com/amp/fallecio-starman-luchador-del-cmll/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarcJWallace said:

The death has been announced of the tenured luchador Starman at the age of 47.

Now where will Mario get his invincibility?

• Like 1

Wikipedia's Deaths of 2022 has Antonio Inoki dead. Lets see if it's true.

• Sad 1

Antonio Inoki QO. Five DDP teams picked him.

• Like 3