Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

As there was mention of oldest living wrestlers up-thread, there’s a discussion going on about British stars at the Wrestling Heritage site forum (free to register). Reckoning is that Spencer Churchill will take some beating at 93.

7 hours ago, MadMac said:

Pro Wrestling Insider is reporting that Koko B. Ware (64) is presently in hospital in Mississippi. No info as to the reason as yet.

Koko B. Ware on the mend.

• Like 1

Tony Schiavone reveals on his podcast that Dean Malenko has not only been diagnosed with Parkinsons and diabetes, but that his health is also in a bad way as he's suffered a recent heart attack too.

• Like 2

Indie wrestler Jaysin Strife dead at 37. Had worked as a jobber for both WWE and AEW, so no worries about a QO. My 2023 team now has a gaping hole in it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Indie wrestler Jaysin Strife dead at 37. Had worked as a jobber for both WWE and AEW, so no worries about a QO. My 2023 team now has a gaping hole in it.

I’m sorry for your loss

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I’m sorry for your loss

Hey, for the 48 hours up until that DDP deadline I'm allowed to treat these actual living, sentient human beings like they were video game NPCs. I can go back to developing a conscience on January 1st.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

He wouldn't have been unique, but I have to admit I was astonished he lasted so long in hospice.

On 07/07/2022 at 12:33, Spade_Cooley said:

Impact has put out a video with lots of people sending their prayers to Don West. Still no sign or response from Don. 

Anyone who had Don West for 2023, cancel those entries: 

• Like 1

There was a tweet recently (maybe even from Tenay himself?) saying that someone had set up a Christmastime FaceTime chat between Tenay and West. I took that as an indicator that, being as we've not heard a whisper from West since around March, that it was a goodbye chat.

That is my first sub called up to the main team.

49 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Anyone who had Don West for 2023, cancel those entries: 

Man this hurts me I loved him 

If Yahoo news counts, then this qualifies 

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

And in case it doesn't, with the need to have a UK link with Yahoo items, this would be a QO:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/12/30/impact-wrestling-legend-don-west-dies-aged-59-after-cancer-battle-18017285/

Oh well, with Pele and Don West dying and unless something drastic happens in the day or so, I stand to win $180

• Like 1

Wow i climbed like 18 positions in a couple of days, now 7th with main team

• Like 1

Winnipeg wrestling promoter Bob "Doc" Holliday, who worked with Verne Gagne's American Wrestling Association before switching to the WWE (then the WWF) and promoting in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and North Dakota, has died. He was 80.

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2022/12/28/winnipeg-wwe-promoter-doc-holliday-dies/

• Like 2

Johnny Powers, a Canadian wrestler whose career spanned 20 years, from the early 1960s to the early 1980s, has died. He was 79. Powers, who was born Dennis Waters, held several titles for the NWA and NWF, and worked in a number of territories during his career.

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2023/01/07/johnny-powers-dead-at-79/

• Like 3

On 21/12/2022 at 15:03, MadMac said:

As there was mention of oldest living wrestlers up-thread, there’s a discussion going on about British stars at the Wrestling Heritage site forum (free to register). Reckoning is that Spencer Churchill will take some beating at 93.

And just like that, Spencer Churchill has been counted out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Mrs. Superstar Billy Graham asks for your prayers as he deals with very serious health issues.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/superstar-billy-grahams-wife-asks-for-prayers-as-he-deals-with-very-serious-health-issues

This guy has been in failing health for years. I thought he died years ago.

Anyway here's the post according to the article:

Lots of issues… MRI showed he has a very bad infection in his ears that has spread to the bones in his ears as well as an area of his skull…infectious disease doctor was just in trying to decide what antibiotics they’re going to start him on.

His electrolytes are still off…his low sodium is especially difficult to treat and they don’t know why at this point.

• Like 1