Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

SuperBilly is according to his facebook page's latest post back in hospital & ICU from the rehab centre he was in, this time with acute kidney failure and other ailments, last time he had acute kidney failure was two months ago. Keep sending money to Jesus and praying for gofundme.

Meanwhile, Abdullah the Butcher has set up a...gofundme too, but it's because his wife left and took the money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Meanwhile, Abdullah the Butcher has set up a...gofundme too, but it's because his wife left and took the money.

He would take her to court but he doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

• Like 1

On 15/02/2023 at 23:46, FinalChapter said:

With the death of Jerry Jarrett, there are only 9 promoters from the territories era of wrestling (1948 to 1995 as the most generous definition) still living:

Jim Herd - Born 1939 (84)

Bill Watts - Born 1939 (83)

Dory Funk Jr. - Born 1941 (82)

Ole Anderson - Born 1942 (80)

Terry Funk - Born 1944 (78)

Vince McMahon - Born 1945 (77)

Carlos Colón - Born 1948 (74)

Ron Fuller - Born 1948 (74)

Robert Fuller - Born 1949 (73)

Jim Cornette - Born 1961 (61)

I previously noted Emil Dupree as an omission. You can also add Gino Brito - Born 1941 (81) -  to the list. He promoted for the Montreal territory in the 1980s that ran International Wrestling. 

• Like 1

On 02/05/2023 at 02:13, arghton said:

SuperBilly is according to his facebook page's latest post back in hospital & ICU from the rehab centre he was in, this time with acute kidney failure and other ailments, last time he had acute kidney failure was two months ago. Keep sending money to Jesus and praying for gofundme.

And now according to the latest facebook message he's having a heart infection and wife says "the doctors are continuing to try and prepare me for the worst". Sounds like either he's going to die in a few days/weeks or live another year or two after GoFundMe and God heal his organs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, arghton said:

And now according to the latest facebook message he's having a heart infection and wife says "the doctors are continuing to try and prepare me for the worst". Sounds like either he's going to die in a few days/weeks or live another year or two after GoFundMe and God heal his organs.

"Prepare for the worst" in Superstar terms means he'll die this century rather than next century.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

According to Superstar Billy Graham's wife on facebook he is undergoing extensive highly risky life saving emergency surgery for a hip infection.I am surprised a Doctor agreed to operate as he is in the ICU with organ failure as well as the infection in his skull and heart. Just let the man die.Prolonging this situation is just adding to his suffering.The odds of him coding on the operating table must be sky high.

• Like 1

Indie wrestler/competitive eater Megabyte Ronnie has been forced to retire from the former due to a back injury. Maybe wrestling was what was keeping him healthy and not going through the health problems that competitive eaters usually suffer from... could be one to watch

• Like 1

On 10/05/2023 at 23:27, Sean said:

According to Superstar Billy Graham's wife on facebook he is undergoing extensive highly risky life saving emergency surgery for a hip infection.I am surprised a Doctor agreed to operate as he is in the ICU with organ failure as well as the infection in his skull and heart. Just let the man die.Prolonging this situation is just adding to his suffering.The odds of him coding on the operating table must be sky high.

I think this might actually be his time. Most recent facebook post (from two hours ago) asks for "urgent prayers" as doctors want to remove him from life support, but family is refusing...:pop:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, arghton said:

I think this might actually be his time. Most recent facebook post (from two hours ago) asks for "urgent prayers" as doctors want to remove him from life support, but family is refusing...:pop:

Oh, his wife will keep him alive on machines for years and update us every time a nerve twitches.

"We can get him out of brain death if you donate just a few dollars more!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He's going to be the first cryogenically-frozen guest at wrestling conventions. $50 for a photo, $100 if you want them to arrange his frozen body so it looks like he's got you in a headlock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It would be straight up Aesop-esque if after all the fake Superstar health scares, the family prolongs the real one into Zsa Zsa territory.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, arghton said:

As I said a few days ago it was crazy to perform major surgery in his state. The wife is just deluded. When you love someone deeply letting go can be the hardest thing to do but ultimately you have to as prolonging the indignity and suffering is just a selfish act.I wonder at what point she will agree to switch the machines off ? He already had multi organ failure and was riddled with infections malnourished and bed bound before life support.

• Like 1

Superstar Billy Graham dead.

• Like 19
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, tracy said:

Never thought I see the day.

• Like 3

RIP to the Zsa Zsa Gabor of wrestling. 

• Like 2

He was a legend. Rest in peace to an amazing wrestler.

He was a 2004 WWE Hall of Fame inductee. There are now only six WWE HOF wrestlers who were inducted in 2004, and at least half of them have health issues.

In addition, there's also Pete Rose, a baseball player who was inducted into the celebrity wing in the HOF, (according to 2018 court documents, he has a heart condition and needs blood thinners, also disabled)

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, tracy said:

I thought he'd outlive the lot of us. 

• Like 1

I feel like a dolt for dropping him from my own DL this year.  RIP, Superstar.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

I feel like a dolt for dropping him from my own DL this year.  RIP, Superstar.  

@MrWonderful Don't, we all have misses and regrets. As @drol wrote in obit for the Immortals thread, he was a running joke for the growing list of ailments and requests for donations.  

As a whole, the DL and DDP community caught on quickly - the constant 'cry wolf' basically made few pay attention.  Look at the numbers for the teams that picked him in the DDP.  They spiked early on after he made his debut in 2011 and coincide with his medical issues.  I would have thought he had a earlier appearance than 2011 given his health, but no. And he was never picked enough to make the D40.  Rarely jokered. Last made double digits in 2015.

Spoiler

Year # picks # jokers Health
2023 2 -  
2022 3 - August - toes amputated
2021 7 1  
2020 3 -  
2019 5 -  
2018 3 -  
2017 4 -  
2016 6 - August - surgery to find source of internal bleeding
2015 12 -  
2014 23 - October - liver complications
2013 15 - double pneumonia, (possible) heart failure
2012 10 1 third stage liver disease and cirrhosis
2011 10 1 March - liver fibrosis
2010 - - July - liver problems

• Like 2

I had faith, and kept him on my list. :P lol ;)

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Bob Backlund the only pre-1983 WWF Champion alive now. He's in ludicrously good shape for a wrestler in his 70s though.

Sheik's the oldest, aged 80-something (see previous debates on his inconclusive age).

Updating that perennial wrestlers 70 (or about to turn 70 in 2023) and older who are both Names and should QO for certain...

1937 - Jim Breaks (especially now he's a killer), Paul Vachon, Mark Lewin, Eddie Sharkey (as a trainer)

1938 - Ted Turner

1939 - Billy White Wolf (because of his Saddam Hussein impersonations), Bill Watts, Jim Herd

1940 - Baron Van Raschke (here he is last summer), Iron Sheik (age a matter of dispute), Adrian Street (looked like a corpse at Clash at the Castle, Sept 2022), Alan Kilby (WoS alumni)

1941 - Abdullah the Butcher (now seemingly a victim of elder abuse), Dory Funk Jr, Johnny Rodz, Ivan Putski, Thunderbolt Patterson, Kendo Nagasaki (with whatever age he's claiming these days), Johnny Saint

Added note - Johnny Rodz survived  a heart attack that should have killed him in 2021.

1942 - JJ Dillon, Mil Mascaras, Jimmy Valiant,  Afa, Ole Anderson (how is he still alive?)

1943 - Bill Dundee, Ken Patera

1944 - Jimmy Hart, Terry Funk (now in a nursing home), Tiger Jeet Singh, Michael Buffer

1945 -  Rugged Ronnie Garvin, Sika, Vince McMahon

1946 - Gerry Brisco, Tony Garea (what does he do?*), David Crockett

*It's a wrestling in-joke, don't worry

1947 - Bushwhacker Luke, George Wells (based off one WrestleMania match, he left wrestling in the 90s to become a renowned addiction counselor), Demolition Ax, Teddy Long

1948 - Black Bart (has everything wrong with him), Sgt Slaughter, Linda McMahon, Carlos Colon, Great Kabuki

1949 - Ric Flair (somehow), Earl Hebner, Jerry Lawler (survived a nasty stroke in March), Jim Brunzell, Bob Backlund, Stan Hansen, Don Muraco, Mike Adamle (CTE issues), Kevin Sullivan, Dutch Mantell, Rob Fuller (territories guy plus 90s WWF manager)

Additional note - the Class of 1949 are clearly made of stern stuff but the Reapers starting to pick them off with recent Paul Orndorff and Dave Hebner deaths. Mostly they seem in pretty good nick, except poor old Adamle. And how Ric Flair is alive, no one knows.

1950 - Tenryu (indomitable, but frail), Bob Orton Jr, Shahid Khan (who gets a spot now for bankrolling AEW), Bruce Hart (probably the most famous of Bret's surviving brothers), Mando Guerrero (Eddie's brother)

1951 - Jesse Ventura (you know who he is - has health issues now, a result of being poisoned with Agent Orange while in the Navy), Skinner, Dos Caras (relative of Alberto Del Rio), Buck Zumhofe (previously mentioned paedo scum), Greg "the Hammer" Valentine, Keith Hart (another Bret brother), Larry Zbyszko 

1952 - Good Old JR, Wayne Hart (another Bret brother), Dan Spivey (AKA Waylon Mercy), Hillbilly Jim, Mr T (he counts), Jimmy Garvin, Dennis Condrey (with his cancer issues, no idea how)

1953 - The Honky Tonk Man, Ricky Steamboat (had an aneurysm in 2010), Tito Santana, Billy Jack Haynes (nutter), Stan Lane, Hulk Hogan, Paul Ellering, Tatsumi Fujinami, Ricky Knight (Paige's dad, no idea how the fuck he's going to see 70), Marty Jones (may have been born in 1945)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, msc said:

1950 - Tenryu (indomitable, but frail), 

I was going to mention this before but forgot to - his health has been absolutely horrible as we know (congestive heart failure and other ailments) but he was actually recovering from that spinal injury at the start of the year, was even going to start attending events again, but then he had a septic shock in February and was in critical condition in ICU. I think there's been no news since and his instagram has been completely quiet.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tracy said:

Lived until nearly 80 not bad for someone with not long left.....11 FUCKING YEARS AGO! Imagine if he never got hep c (seems to be the origin of a lot of his health issues) he could've made it until his 90s easily.

• Like 3