Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Well, Jake's out of hospital. However, listen to the audio on

from last night. If I hear this correctly, he has cancer. One for next year if he makes it?

Well, Jake's out of hospital. However, listen to the audio on

from last night. If I hear this correctly, he has cancer. One for next year if he makes it?

He has cancer below the knee or muscle cancer . I didn't even know that was a cancer. Don't know if its serious or not but maybe the pneumonia he developed was connected to his cancer getting worse. Though they found a growth on his brain maybe that was cancerous .

http://www.wisegeekhealth.com/what-is-the-connection-between-cancer-and-pneumonia.htm

I hope he pulls thought though seems like a decent guy .

Edited by Magere Hein
URL repaired

From what I understand, the brain thing is merely some scarring from years in the wrestling business. As to the knee issue, I had understood that was over and done with. In other wrestling news, add another to the under-50 club: Sean O'Haire

:( I actually liked him, as a wrestler.

iirc this makes O'Haire the fourth wrestler to have their PPV debut in the 2000s and since die (after The Wall, Umaga and Lance Cade).

• Like 1

Love the fact that Sean O'Haire turned to HAIRE styling!!

:( I actually liked him, as a wrestler.

me too :( . One of the best entrance themes ever. Could of been a big star!!

https://www.youtube....h?v=4J33DkwGM3g

I have this on my iPod. :D

So do I now ! They also done Christian's entrance back in 2006 i think which i do have on my MP3 , waterproof blonde they are called the band who does both songs.

Yep, that's the name of the band, both from their album Glitter Lust, I believe. I didn't like Christian's theme, as much, but O'Haire's is the best song on the album. :D

Sunny got took away in a ambulance at a wrestling event today , people at the event said it was a seizure but she said she passed out due to not eating anything. Think its safe to say sunny isn't going to live into old age.

http://www.ewrestlin...sed-out-details

Ricki Starr, one of the first British wrestlers to headline in the US and a World of Sport regular back in the late 60s, dead at 83.

Recently posted on Superstar Billy Grahams Facebook page

"Hello Fellow Superstar Fans,

This is a message from Superstar's wife Valerie. Billy has been admitted to the Mayo Clinic from complications from his previous medical conditions. Not much information is know at this time, but this post will be updated soon. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers."

This is a message from Superstar's wife Valerie. Billy has been admitted to the Mayo Clinic from complications from his previous medical conditions. Not much information is know at this time, but this post will be updated soon. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers."

If he is anything like his namesake he'll be in the clinic a long time - one big tease!!

If he is anything like his namesake he'll be in the clinic a long time - one big tease!!

He's been doing his "I am very dying, honest" posts for about 4 years now. I wouldn't be surprised if he were still around in another four years, still claiming imminent demise.

• Like 1

Wonder if another online petition will be set up looking for $$$....

It's that time of the year where we can start with our "fuck, he was a nailed-on pick for me next year" posts. So here goes:

Definite 2015 pick for me, Ox Baker, has apparently died aged 80 according to Jerry Lawler. Would have assumed he'd have got a UK obit based on his role in Escape from New York if nothing else.

He lasted over 40 years longer than the two wrestlers he accidentally killed in ring.

He lasted over 40 years longer than the two wrestlers he accidentally killed in ring.

Good news for Jimmy Snuka then.

• Like 1

It's that time of the year where we can start with our "fuck, he was a nailed-on pick for me next year" posts. So here goes:

Definite 2015 pick for me, Ox Baker, has apparently died aged 80 according to Jerry Lawler. Would have assumed he'd have got a UK obit based on his role in Escape from New York if nothing else.

http://www.telegraph...r-obituary.html

The Telegraph comes through with an obit for him

Bob Giegel died, at 90.

With the Royal Rumble around the corner (January counts) and with Spade noting the recent propensity for The Sun to obit vaguely famous pro-wrestlers, I decided to create a stupidly long list. More than WrestleMania or the titles, the Rumble is the snapshot of Vince McMahon's world each year, with a high number of decorated performers (and the Red Rooster) who would get obits.

First off, here are the all the royal rumbles, with the competitors who are now deceased.

1988 - Ultimate Warrior, Dino Bravo, Junkyard Dog (3 dead, 17 alive of 20)

1989 - Andre the Giant, Mr Perfect, Bad News Brown, Randy Savage, Big Bossman, Big John Studd, Hercules (7, 23/30)

1990 - Randy Savage, Bad News Brown, Andre the Giant, Dino Bravo, Earthquake, Warrior, Rick Rude, Hercules, Mr Perfect (9, 21/30)

1991 - Dino Bravo, Texas Tornado, Hercules, Bulldog, Hawk, Randy Savage, Crush, Earthquake, Mr Perfect (9, 21/30)

1992 - Bulldog, Tornado, Bossman, Hercules, Randy Savage (5, 25/30)

1993 - Mr Perfect, Earthquake, Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Randy Savage (5, 25/30)

1994 - Owen Hart, Randy Savage, Crush, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mabel, Bastion Booger (6, 24/30)

1995 - Bulldog, Owen, Mabel, Dick Murdoch, Steven Dunn, Crush (6, 24/30)

1996 - Mabel, Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Bulldog (4, 26/30)

1997 - Crush, Bulldog, Owen (3, 27/30)

1998 - Owen Hart (1, 26/27)

1999 - Mabel, Test, Bossman, Owen (4, 26/30)

2000 - Viscera, Bossman, Test, Bulldog, Crash Holly (5, 25/30)

2001 - Test, Crash (2, 28/30)

2002 - Bossman, Test, Mr Perfect (3, 27/30)

2003 - Eddie Guerrero, Test, Jamal/Umaga (3, 27/30)

2004 - Benoit (1, 29/30)

2005 - Eddie, Benoit, Viscera (3, 27/30)

2006 - Benoit, Viscera (2, 28/30)

2007 - Benoit, Viscera (2, 28/30) *

2008 - Umaga, Viscera (2, 28/30)

2009 - all living (30/30)

2010 - all living (30/30)

2011 - all living (40/40)

2012 - all living (30/30)

2013 - all living (30/30)

2014 - all living (30/30)

Some close calls with the last few though including Matt Hardy's DUI/fake suicide/madness in 2010, R-Truth's nearly fatal pneumonia in 2010, and Jerry Lawler's becoming a zombie in 2012.

I've also cheated including Booger in 1994 and Savage in 1991, but they were mentioned as having "skipped" the match on the commentary, whilst there was no PPV explanation for DOA Skull missing out in the 1998 one.

So, with all that worked out, a look at potential DDP types from the Rumble.

Bret Hart - Stroke in 2002, Post-Concussion Syndrome too, but seems to have mended well since then. On the other hand, he's a Hart, so he might get eaten by a holidaying crocodile in Calgary tomorrow. He's not going to die anytime soon, but is a definite obit when the time comes.

Jim Neidhart - Bret's brother in law. Recently a jailbird, drug issues, and looks like hell. He's 60 next year, he'd do well if he sees 65.

Jake Roberts - You know him. Attracting cancer like an Express headline just now. A certain obit. Either an excellent pick because hes got a lot of nasty health issues that would see off a normal man and is a recovering mega drug and alcohol addict. Or not, because he's Jake and he survives.

Harley Race - Aging legend, survived polio, obit certainty. But will surely go on for another decade or there abouts.

Don Muraco - Former steroid user who let himself go and is 66 next year.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan - Survived kidney cancer. On the pudgy side and 61 next year.

Sam Houston - Unlikely to obit unless part of the Jake story (they are brothers) but a long term jailbird and has drug issues.

Demolition Ax - heart issues

Marty Jannetty - drugged up incoherent mess, likely obit due to relationship with Shawn Michaels. One of my top contenders for least surprising future Spade or Lewd Squirrel death update in this thread in the future. 54 next year.

The Warlord - He was to steroids what Bill Gates is to making money. A risky obit (he had runs in the NWA and WWF, and a feud with the British Bulldog) but frankly I'm surprisd he's still alive. 53 next year.

Dusty Rhodes - Fat and nearly 70.

Paul Roma - Only 54, and no idea on health, but the loud idiots in wrestling tend to find early graves. See O'Haire, Sean. Also see the future mention of Billy Jack Haynes in this thread, circa 2015/2016.

Ric Flair - Ignores blood clots till the last minute, flies with them, drinks to excess, doesn't take care of himself. If he sees 70, its a miracle. (He's 66 next year) Obit guaranteed.

Sid - Favourite big man, hospitalised for a month with heart issues last year. 55 next year.

Chyna - Yeah, the question is when, not if.

Mick Foley - Multiple concussions, memory issues as a result. Injured everything at least once. Best selling author too and RAINN spokesperson so obit guaranteed. Seems (sadly) nailed on to do a Rik Mayall at some point.

There's also the Curse of 14th place (people who take this spot seem to die prematurely according to fan lore) which points at: Jannetty, Haku, Berzerker, 2nd Doink the Clown, Jacob Blu, Doug Gilbert, Goldust, Ken Shamrock, Kurrgann, Bob Backlund, The Goodfather, DDP, Rikishi, Orlando Jordan, Joey Mercury, Jeff Hardy, Finlay, MVP, Chris Masters, Jinder Mahal, Rey Mysterio, Kevin Nash. Most of whom have their own health or addiction issues. Or are Bob Backlund. Or Haku.

*When you consider 2 of the World title challengers at the 2007 PPV (Umaga and Test) are dead too, Mr Kennedy must be shitting himself.

• Like 1