Poetry Man

Vera Lynn

A recent photo of her from her latest interview (it's the last photo in the article, not the first one. A-dur!)

She's not looking too bad for a 97 year old.

Although the article describes her as frail, I think it's reasonable to assume that anyone who lives to be 97 would fit that description. The article also references her upcoming album (as mentioned previously in this thread), so she's still fairly active in her old age.

Guest Guest

Reports are coming in that Vera Lynn has fired her cook for giving her the same dinner every day. She was heard shouting angrily ' Veal meat again !!'

Reports are coming in that Vera Lynn has fired her cook for giving her the same dinner every day. She was heard shouting angrily ' Veal meat again !!'

Call me crazy but I like this.

Erm..... yeah I thought it was funny too.

This just shows how guest-hate goes too far. Can't even just flat out say you thought it was funny, have to say "call me crazy" etc.. :blink:

Erm..... yeah I thought it was funny too.

This just shows how guest-hate goes too far. Can't even just flat out say you thought it was funny, have to say "call me crazy" etc.. :blink:

Actually the "call me crazy" part wasn't due to "guest-hate". It's just that the joke was incredibly corny. Appreciation of humor is really a fickle thing. One person will laugh and another will groan.

Guest Guest

Happy 100th birthday to Vera when it comes.Because it will , let's face it !

Happy 100th birthday to Vera when it comes.Because it will , let's face it !

I would agree that she looks like a good bet to make it through 2015 but life has a lot of storms that can beset folks in their upper 90's. We'll see how she weathers them.

Same boat as Prince Phillip - too many people putting her in through age. She'll still be with us this time next year and probably a couple beyond.

Same boat as Prince Phillip - too many people putting her in through age. She'll still be with us this time next year and probably a couple beyond.

Aye, and like Christopher Lee she'll reignite her recording career with some decent dark metal albums.

Go Vera!!

Happy Birthday, Vera! Karaoke at your place? :birthday2:

• Like 2

Guest Guest

Just seen vera on ITV news being interviewed. Bad news for deathlist- she's looking and sounding pretty good for 98 !

Just seen vera on ITV news being interviewed. Bad news for deathlist- she's looking and sounding pretty good for 98 !

And good news for everyone who isn't a freak.

(Oh, and me. Cause she ain't on my list)

Guest Guest

Let's face it we're all freaks !

Wouldn't be surprised if she became a Super-centenarian to be honest, built to last that one.

Let's face it we're all freaks !

You speak for yourself.

I agree she seems in splendid health.The only thing of concern is an odd looking growth on her forehead.I have seen from experience that it is a common factor in old age but it does look painful.

I agree she seems in splendid health.The only thing of concern is an odd looking growth on her forehead.I have seen from experience that it is a common factor in old age but it does look painful.

You work with the elderly or they just give you the 'orn?

I saw this interview and I also saw the last one from, IIRC, last year?

I don't think there is any doubt that she has deteriorated significantly. the last time I saw her you really would have been hard pushed to believe that she was over 70 but yesterday she looked her age. She sounded frail, albeit, alert and, well, time has caught up with her, bless her.

State funeral?

Well my grandparents were in four different nursing homes over 12 years or so.

Ahh, nursing home savvy!!

I can see Mary seizing the opportunity here and doing a Bill Sykes by getting you to break into Brinsworth House and the like to go and open the front door for him.

He will be up and down the corridors making notes for hours.

• Like 1

I can see Mary seizing the opportunity here and doing a Bill Sykes by getting you to break into Brinsworth House and the like to go and open the front door for him.

Top work lads, you've just reminded me that I came across a 'client' at work today who has his own Wiki page, not a guarantee of an obit I know, but I think he'll get one somewhere - now, how can I ensure the old git hangs on till January 1st, because I'd bet my boots he'd be a unique pick for Lard!

• Like 2

Top work lads, you've just reminded me that I came across a 'client' at work today who has his own Wiki page, not a guarantee of an obit I know, but I think he'll get one somewhere - now, how can I ensure the old git hangs on till January 1st, because I'd bet my boots he'd be a unique pick for Lard!

'client' eh? ;):P

• Like 2