Poetry Man

Vera Lynn

I totally agree with Triple O on this matter, Iain breaking everybody's balls trying to predict deaths and 'Generally sucking at it' and it is so aggravating to see him post the same insignificant way, even as everybody mocks his style. I mean is iain yellow school bus with white top or not? It's time he becomes Death list history, I say the Mods ban his ass.

Guest Guest

;);)

I totally agree with Triple O on this matter, Iain breaking everybody's balls trying to predict deaths and 'Generally sucking at it' and it is so aggravating to see him post the same insignificant way, even as everybody mocks his style. I mean is iain yellow school bus with white top or not? It's time he becomes Death list history, I say the Mods ban his ass.

:P I wish that I knew what to do. Please help me, I'm new to this site and I don't understand the terminology.

:D

Guest The Grim Reapers Mistress

A lady who will out live us all most probably, go Vera!

Us Yanks don't know what an "asbo" is. Could that be a ribbon you wear on your behind?

Us Yanks don't know what an "asbo" is. Could that be a ribbon you wear on your behind?

you could always try educating yourself on such matters rather than claiming you're a know-it-all when it comes the the US politics thread. <_<

you could always try educating yourself on such matters rather than claiming you're a know-it-all when it comes the the US politics thread. <_<

I'm admitting my ignorance and asking for help here Phantom. Lighten up, pal.

you could always try educating yourself on such matters rather than claiming you're a know-it-all when it comes the the US politics thread. :rolleyes:

I'm admitting my ignorance and asking for help here Phantom. Lighten up, pal.

The news article is basically self-explanatory.

An ASBO is an Anti-Social Behaviour Order

Guest sophia

;):( this is a sick site for sick people, hopefully others will feel the same about you lot when your dead and gone, the people you all heckle over on this site are people who have made a huge historical imapact on our lives wether you like them or not, there would be a very boring existence without the entertainment, and helping to make this world a more tolerable place to be, with exception of course of those names who tried in the past to make it less tolerable like warmongers etc.

Vera lynn was there to give some hope and support to those who fought for this country , you could BARELY imagine how it must have been for those soldiers, those that fell and those families who perished would wonder what they sacrificed thier lives for if could have read comments on a pathetic site like this from those who cowardly write such demeaning rubbish. I stumbled across this to find a site to pay tribute to someone, god knows how I came across this place, the site that crawled out of the gutter and am only leaving this comment as obviously as a minority here I stand up for those who cannot speak out because they are not with us and those who would not find this site worthy of a comment or need to justify themselves. shame on you all, no doubt expect the usual cowardly comments to follow this, but those who do are naturally uncomfortable with themselves, so you should be.

It is a very boring existence. You know, what we need is another war, the return to the 'Blitz Spirit' of which Ms Lynn was such a popular symbol. Those soldiers fought for our freedom, a freedom which many think is being eroded as we speak. And we appreciate that. But wouldn't you say that the fight for freedom was precisely for later generations that can have the freedom to set up sites such as this and say what they want to say. Unless you were 90 years old, you could can only imagine as much as the rest of us 'what it must have been like'.

..... on this site are people who have made a huge historical imapact (sp) on our lives wether (sp) you like them or not, there would be a very boring existence without the entertainment, and helping to make this world a more tolerable place to be....

Like forces sweetheart Jade Goody.

Guest ATS
..... on this site are people who have made a huge historical imapact (sp) on our lives wether (sp) you like them or not, there would be a very boring existence without the entertainment, and helping to make this world a more tolerable place to be....

Like forces sweetheart Jade Goody.

And let us not forget the man who kept up the spirits of our good lads

during the more recent conflicts - Jim Davidson

Ja Dank Vera Lynn…andernfalls würde ich jetzt auf Deutsch schreiben….

;):( this is a sick site for sick people, hopefully others will feel the same about you lot when your dead and gone, the people you all heckle over on this site are people who have made a huge historical imapact on our lives wether you like them or not, there would be a very boring existence without the entertainment, and helping to make this world a more tolerable place to be, with exception of course of those names who tried in the past to make it less tolerable like warmongers etc.

Vera lynn was there to give some hope and support to those who fought for this country , you could BARELY imagine how it must have been for those soldiers, those that fell and those families who perished would wonder what they sacrificed thier lives for if could have read comments on a pathetic site like this from those who cowardly write such demeaning rubbish. I stumbled across this to find a site to pay tribute to someone, god knows how I came across this place, the site that crawled out of the gutter and am only leaving this comment as obviously as a minority here I stand up for those who cannot speak out because they are not with us and those who would not find this site worthy of a comment or need to justify themselves. shame on you all, no doubt expect the usual cowardly comments to follow this, but those who do are naturally uncomfortable with themselves, so you should be.

Sophia obviously seeks to help so I'm sure she'll be pleased to know that the Voice of Young Maryport has just cut and pasted her post. He will shortly be using it as part of an exercise involving finding a badly punctuated passage and rewriting it with correct punctuation. Should his English teacher express any opinion on the post, or interest in where TVOYM found it, I'll share it with you all.

Well, Sofia, darling, do you have an idea how Vera is feeling? I only ask because if she's ailing, I'd like to send her a card. You're quite right about all these nasty people on this site, by the way.

:(;) this is a sick site for sick people.....god knows how I came across this place, the site that crawled out of the gutter .......I stand up for those who cannot speak out because they are not with us and those who would not find this site worthy of a comment or need to justify themselves.

It's interesting how you judged the site to be sick, yet felt compelled to embrace this community. Of course, this is obviously "Sophia's Choice". ;)

the people you all heckle over on this site are people who have made a huge historical imapact on our lives wether you like them or not

Get with the f*****g programme, those most 'heckled' on this site are Iain, BS and Richard O' Sullivan.

Guest Dame Vera Lynn

Well I don’t know whether I should be flattered or not that I command this much interest from you all and I'm sorry to disappoint you but I am very much alive and kicking. I am working regularly on war and charity related work and have been recording new tracks and look forward to my 92nd birthday!

So I hope I have put you all out of your misery. Dame Vera.

Well I don’t know whether I should be flattered or not that I command this much interest from you all and I'm sorry to disappoint you but I am very much alive and kicking. I am working regularly on war and charity related work and have been recording new tracks and look forward to my 92nd birthday!

Lovely to hear from you, Dame V. See you at the clay pigeon shoot next month if I can scrape the £160 fee together. Will you be taking part in the quad biking, ma'am?

You should definitely be flattered, Vera. We don't bother with nobodies. I personally am not disappointed in the least. Happy Birthday and keep going. Once you croak we'll drop you like a hot potato.

Lovely to hear from you, Dame V. See you at the clay pigeon shoot next month if I can scrape the £160 fee together. Will you be taking part in the quad biking, ma'am?

me109.jpg

Vera's clay shoot gets a bit out of hand.

There was a time, not that long ago, when clay pigeon shooting was not considered a suitable topic for discussion on these fora.

I'm pleased to see that that now seems to have changed for the better.

;)

There was a time, not that long ago, when clay pigeon shooting was not considered a suitable topic for discussion on these fora.

I'm pleased to see that that now seems to have changed for the better.

;)

So am I, NAP, so am I. (Just had a read back through Amanda's travails...)

Clay pigeon shooting's not as impossible as it looks, as I discovered on a lads' weekend in Sweden a couple of years ago. A few beers before, during and after definitely helps.

Guest Dame Vera Lynn

I have to admit I was determined to be shocked and disapproving of this site after it was brought to my attention but after reading it again I have to confess to finding it quite entertaining in a wicked way. Some of the comments are rather amusing, I think I may have got the wrong idea about your site.

Yours,

Dame Vera

Guest ok

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7704214.stm

Dame Vera backs poetry anthology

Dame Vera is patron of a charity which gives help to those affected by war

Dame Vera Lynn, the original Forces Sweetheart, has launched an anthology of poems dedicated to and written by current and ex-servicemen and women.

The 91-year-old, who has written an introduction to Voices of the Poppies, attended an event in Brighton.

"I think it's a wonderful idea that these people have the opportunity of putting their thoughts and feelings into words," she said.

The poems commemorate both world wars and more recent conflicts.

New charity

Dame Vera added: "It isn't always easy to express what you really feel. That is why I have always thought how important music and songs were during the war years.

"When I was singing I felt I was the go-between for all those sweethearts left behind.

"In listening to the songs and hearing the words it was as if they were speaking to their loved ones individually."

Proceeds from the work will go towards Flow for All, the Forces Literary Organisation Worldwide.

The new charity, of which Dame Vera is patron, gives help to those affected by war.