Poetry Man

Vera Lynn

I take it that Tolke has been punished.

I did warn him.

He seems to have been demoted from Members to validating, whatever that means.

He's not Underprivileged I note, strange indeed.

I think it means that they are in the process of banning his IP address, but you know me and computers...

Indeed, Toke is no more. If only we'd thought to nominate him for DL 2006. The Beeb wesbite is such a soft touch there will no doubt be an obituary.

Hoping it doesn't sound too ghoulish, but I don't suppose he bequeathed his avatar

to anyone did he? Only I really liked that last one, of the animated chick in red...

Indeed, Toke is no more. If only we'd thought to nominate him for DL 2006. The Beeb wesbite is such a soft touch there will no doubt be an obituary.

I shall miss the boobies. What exactly was the final offense?

Indeed, Toke is no more.  If only we'd thought to nominate him for DL 2006.  The Beeb wesbite is such a soft touch there will no doubt be an obituary.

I believe Tokes last official posting to Godot was,

" Still a knobhead arsehole"

Right up there with Oscar Wilde, was Toke.

Double Entendre not intended.

Edited by Tempus Fugit

Indeed, Toke is no more.  If only we'd thought to nominate him for DL 2006.  The Beeb wesbite is such a soft touch there will no doubt be an obituary.

I believe Tokes last official posting to Godot was,

" Still a knobhead arsehole"

Right up there with Oscar Wilde, was Toke.

Double Entendre not intended.

I must have zoned out on the context. I thought we were like a family... always fighting, but the love is there! <_<

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise,

we don't believe in it at all."

Noam Chomsky

Happy 89th Dame Vera. ;):D:(

True. Both sides preferred to listen to Lili Marlene

http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/snd/lilymarlene.html

Vera was Hitler's secret weapon designed to bore the British into submission.

better bored by her than you. <_<

Toke baby. You've slithered back for another snipe. It's been too long.

Yes, but I'm a fully paid up registered Deathlist C**t and that makes all the difference punk. I can't tell you how much I haven't missed you.

Yes, but I'm a fully paid up registered Deathlist C**t and that makes all the difference punk. I can't tell you how much I haven't missed you.

Sorry about my language here but it related to an unscheduled guest appearance from a long departed and still apparently bitter soul who was flushed down the Deathlist waste disposal system. Among the mostly scatalogical invective within the now air-brushed posts was one phrase new to me that may or may not be worth retaining for the record: "fudge nudger". Not even Oscar Wilde achieved that sobriquet. You learn all sorts of stuff on this site. I will stick with gravy.

I had hoped there would have been some genuine news on Vera. Maybe Brinsworth calls.

Guest Guest

Sorry can't comment on your waste disposal system your bowels are not my problem, perhaps we could meet up for a drinkie sometime-- tokie <_<

this thread reads VERY strangely with all the things that have (i assume) been cut out leaving strange, pinter-like gaps in the text. perhaps you've stumbled on to a whole new way of writing? the truth revealed by omission? quick, someone give them a nobel prize...

and what the F**k does it have to do with dame vera? ok, nashville was a mistake, but at least she was trying, unlike most of her generation. i saw her in some park in (i think) brixton at an anti-heroin thing in '85 (ish) on the same bill as Hawkwind... that being why it's a little hazy. i've seen pics of her and dave brock since to prove i didn't dream it. as i recall (ha!) she didn't do a sam fox and sing 'master of the universe' with them, but i can't imagine many of her generation doing such a thing, especially not back then. so respec', dame v.

btw - fudge nudger... that's a nice one, i shall use that at the slightest provocation!

Guest tomtom
this thread reads VERY strangely with all the things that have (i assume) been cut out leaving strange, pinter-like gaps in the text. perhaps you've stumbled on to a whole new way of writing? the truth revealed by omission? quick, someone give them a nobel prize...

btw - fudge nudger... that's a nice one, i shall use that at the slightest provocation!

Its me they cut old TOKIE i got edited, called godshite sorry godot a fudge nudger claimed he did'nt know what it was (oh yeah) <_<

Guest maureen

<_<

Just saw Dame Vera...She's going to be around for years to come...looks terrific and is intellectually sharp ...does a lot of walking...Helluva kind caring woman!

I have a friend who is almost blind her name is Gayle, and she is coming to stay with me for 3 months from Australia, and she adores Dame Vera, and would love to meet her.

Maureen.

Can anybody out there help her.

Its her dying wish.

contact No 07831684154

I would be so grateful.

Mo

<_<

Just saw Dame Vera...She's going to be around for years to come...looks terrific and is intellectually sharp ...does a lot of walking...Helluva kind caring woman!

I have a friend who is almost blind her name is Gayle, and she is coming to stay with me for 3 months from Australia, and she adores Dame Vera, and would love to meet her.

Maureen.

Can anybody out there help her.

Its her dying wish.

contact No 07831684154

I would be so grateful.

Mo

Almost blind (ha! Won't notice my blemish)? Looks terrific? Intellectually sharp? Australian (ex-barmaid?)? Loves walking (although presumably cliff-top rambles might be out of the question)? Kind and caring?

She sounds perfect.

Thanks for the number, I'll give her a bell as soon as the World Cup's finished....

careful, bhb - remember what mrs bhb did when she caught you just looking (at least i hope that's all you were doing) at pictures of the bird from BB. a genuine blind aussie barmaid (if her dad owned the brewery she'd be perfect) may just tip her over the edge (it's that cliff-walking again).

just to stay vaguely on topic - i'm sure dame vera would NOT approve.

The BBC interviewed her this week, as she was a guest at the Queen's 80th birthday celebrations.

Vera Lynn BBC

Depressingly, she looked well and was mentally alert enough to reminisce about the good old days of the war. On this showing, she seems healthy enough to survive the 2006 list and possibly even that for 2007.

Although fate is fickle...

Guest marty

Listening to Vera Lynn in 2006 I can only imagine how much pleasure she has given to listeners for so many decades. Great articulation....sings forcefully but without over singing...and she sang 'Where Have All The Flowers Gone' so beautifully.

Annette Hanshaw sings with more humor and cool but Vera Lynn is so truthfully sincere and performed as long as anyone (with Sinatraesque longevity!)

I've read the above post half a dozen times; for real, polite ranter, one of ours taking the piss?

I haven't a bloody clue.

I've been to the Guinea Pig Club museum at the hospital in East Grinstead where the work was done. A very strange and memorable place. Sir Archibald was a man well ahead of his time. IMHO.