Poetry Man

Vera Lynn

Maybe some of the youngsters dont know who she is.I was speaking to a guy a few years younger than me a few weeks ago and he had no idea who she was.He was the sort of bloke you would expect to know his cultural history too.

4 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Vera Lynn victim of death hoax

reps report she is alive and well.

Sigh. I guess that it's a normal mistake for newer members to post the media mass article. But can we make a notice that the media mass articles are all fake and only exist to bring traffic to their website?

• Like 5

Sorry about that, I was a little bit unclear on the media mass/tabloid article rules like this. I'll know from now on, thanks Zsa Zsa.

17 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Sigh. I guess that it's a normal mistake for newer members to post the media mass article. But can we make a notice that the media mass articles are all fake and only exist to bring traffic to their website?

The easiest way to deal with this would be to make mediamass a swearword in the swear filter on the old scunthorpe filter style swear filter so that all links to that site break....

@Paul Bearer@Death Impends Can we please do this?

• Like 2

Vera Lynn spoke on the news via phone criticising plans to sell the white cliffs of Dover to private developers.Sounded physically frail but mentally very sharp.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Vera Lynn spoke on the news via phone criticising plans to sell the white cliffs of Dover to private developers.Sounded physically frail but mentally very sharp.

"They will sell those cliffs over my dead....wait..."

• Haha 1

Guy on the left looks like he's about to keel over, mind!

• Like 1

Alfie Bowe sang white cliffs of Dover to commemorate Vera's centenary at the memorial day ceremony.Not in attendance however William Frankland is in the audience still looking about 10 years younger.Also a few veterans mentioned there that are nearly 100.

Queen and Prince Philip there too .Queen looks great Phil looks ok but looks his age now.

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

Alfie Now sang white cliffs of Dover to commemorate Bear's centenary at the memorial day ceremony.Not in attendance however William Frankland is in the audience still looking about 10 years younger.Also a few veterans mentioned there that are nearly 100.

Have I missed something obvious like who the fuck they are?

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Have I missed something obvious like who the fuck they are?

New phone and the spell check is truly shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

New phone and the spell check is truly shite.

:lol:

It has become an epidemic.

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

:lol:

It has become an epidemic.

I guess you see this aggressive auto correct shite on newer android phones and tablets because it's part of some google software that is tied to (a fresh release of) Android OS and has to be enabled by default. Btw. it's even worse in languages other than English. I have nothing against a phone offering sensible suggestions, but whoever suggested that it should force its erroneous judgment upon unconsenting customers should be hanged, drawn and quartered.

As for Phillip, his skin really shows that he is aging, but he still seem much more agile (less frail) than your average 95-year-old.

• Like 1

At this time of year I am always reminded of Vera Lynn. My Father-in-law played The Vera Lynn Christmas Album every festive season. So when I hear Winter Wonderland it is alwsys Vera's version I think of....

In the meadow we can build a snowman and pretend that he is Parson Brown. He'll say "Are you Buried?" We'll say "No man, but you can do the job when you're in town"

6 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

At this time of year I am always reminded of Vera Lynn. My Father-in-law played The Vera Lynn Christmas Album every festive season. So when I hear Winter Wonderland it is alwsys Vera's version I think of....

In the meadow we can build a snowman and pretend that he is Parson Brown. He'll say "Are you Buried?" We'll say "No man, but you can do the job when you're in town"

It's Are you married? ; not are you buried, lol. 

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I know I was paraphrasing to make it more relevant.  :banghead:

This is the one you were looking for :  :whoosh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Interesting DL chart run:  29 - 28 - 21 - x - x - 44 - x - 21 - 21 - 47 - 28 - 2 - 23

Happy 101st birthday Vera :birthday:

• Like 7