Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

I think for Barbara West's listing, you should mention that she is incapacitated and needs full care.

The only source for that is Wikipedia and since it is in turn unsourced, I don't particularly trust it.

What about this? This info came before West's Wiki article was modifed to say she was incapacitated.

That site I do trust a lot more, thank you.

Leon Greenman still active

Bob Harris should be Whispering Bob, not Whisper Bob.

Bardon is making a good recovery

Top notch research guest. Their entries have been updated to reflect this. Thank you.

Guest Watcher
I think for Barbara West's listing, you should mention that she is incapacitated and needs full care.

The only source for that is Wikipedia and since it is in turn unsourced, I don't particularly trust it.

What about this? This info came before West's Wiki article was modifed to say she was incapacitated.

That site I do trust a lot more, thank you.

The article is from Brian Ticehurst, and he would know. He is the main man when it comes to British Titanic Society stuff.

Ovadia Yosef's wiki page plenty about religion and politics, terminal illness and health worries not so prominent.

Oh aye, and whilst we're at it, I noticed Ivor Broadis - former Carlisle United legend - in the first post on here. I do indeed say there is something wrong with him, he's 85 and fairly frail. Having said that I'm not expecting him to die that soon. Won't be picking him for the CPDP team. Deffo not a Lindsey Hughes type certainty. One to watch, mind.

Guest Guest
Raymond Barre - Former French PM, now suffering from serious heart and kidney problems.

He's dead. ;)

Guest Guest
Raymond Barre - Former French PM, now suffering from serious heart and kidney problems.

He's dead. ;)

We need to remove his name. :party:

He's dead. ;)

We need to remove his name. :party:

Bastard that one, mind, after swapping e-mails with CP I won't be fielding the CRAP team and I'd got a 'Leaders and Breeders' outfit lined up, top politicians and a couple of wives, he was on my team.

Removed Barre and added Strahl. If there are no comments about the names from two posts up, I'll be removing them with my next update.

Mike Soper might be one to watch, admittedly, but looking at these two articles, in 2002 & 2007, perhaps more for DL 2010/2011, than 2008.

2002 article

2007 article

Greg Louganis has depression as well as HIV

I can't link to it, as it's a subscription site, but Sir Bernard Lovell is still giving interviews & touring the country.

Fred Thompson - Possible U.S. presidential candidate with "mild" lymphoma. Decision to go on the campaign trail will be partially based on his health.

He's running for president, so I'll probably take him off the list as well, if no one objects.

Fred Thompson - Possible U.S. presidential candidate with "mild" lymphoma. Decision to go on the campaign trail will be partially based on his health.

So Fred Thompson has officially announced that he is running for president on Jay Leno ... and I think it ends there.

man there is alot of people ill this year ever thinking about extending the deathlsit to see how many we can rumble out in 2008?

Guest Guest
Luciano Pavarotti - One of the three tenors, has pancreatic cancer and news is sketchy on whether he's recovered or not.

Dead :rip:

Grant Achatz - Chef and restaurateur, now with stage 4 mouth cancer. Not sure about obit chances, but he is on the rather youngish side.

Achatz trying new type of treatment to save tastebuds. Experimental always sounds bad, but it sounds like he could be cured relatively quickly if they just cut out part of the tongue. So if his biggest worry is saving his tastebuds instead of stopping his cancer, then I wouldn't think it would be spreading fast enough to pose a danger to his life, at least not any time soon.

List updated with additions and deletions. Instead of suggesting removals this round, I want to know who you guys think should be taken off the list, maybe trim it down a bit.

Suzanne Pleshette - American actress. Has lung cancer, but it may've been caught in time. Then again, it may not....

This is my suggestion for removal. Pleshette now cancer free.

This is my suggestion for removal. Pleshette now cancer free.

Ah good, excellent news.

Not only because of her personality, but it always helps reduce the shortlist a little bit when people are cancer-free.

However, might be worth keeping a very loose eye on her in a few years as she seems to have had a few health problems since the cancer.

Guest Guest
Jane Wyman - American actress in failing health for years. Has arthritis and diabetes & is in a retirement home, turned somewhere between 93 and 90 this year.

She's dead. :unsure:

Joe Zawinul - Jazz musician hospitalized with an unspecified condition. The "Zs" on this list haven't been doing well at all this year...

And thus the trend continues. Wikipedia says Zawinul had cancer, but I haven't seen a report saying that. In any case, thankfully the person who was going to pick him for the CPDP decided not to, so I may not have to update the site today!

Joseph Estrada - Phillippine ex-President, possibly facing the death sentence. Currently still under house arrest.

He has been found guilty of plunder, which is a capital offense in the Philippines. But since the death penalty was recently abolished, he has been sentenced to life in prison.

Since Estrada will not be executed, his nane should probably be removed.

Guest Guest

Let's add one to the list.

Doris Eaton Travis - Silent film actress. Also the last living Ziegfeld girl. now at her old age, but turned 103 this year.

Maureen O'Hara - American actress now in failing health. Recently fell ill in months, but turned 87 this year.

Jennifer Jones, I think she could be a good bet. I dont believe she has been mentioned before. She will be 89 next year, and as an Oscar winner she is certainly famous enougth. Seeing as Deathlist usually has one or two ancient HollyWood luminaries on the list, why not take a punt on her. I really hope instead of Olivis Dehavilland the list features either Gloria Stuart, Luise Rainer, Phyllis Diller, Maureen Ohara, Lena Horne or Jona Fontaine. Jane Wyman was really a missed opportunity this year!

Btw can anyone thing of any more famous Hollywood actresses still alive from the thirties or fourties, who are over 85!

Let's add one to the list.

Doris Eaton Travis - Silent film actress. Also the last living Ziegfeld girl. now at her old age, but turned 103 this year.

A amazying women, at the age of 101 began a Masters Degree at Oklahoma University (well according to imdb, although it could be a leg pull?)

Edited by heaven can wait

Jennifer Jones, I think she could be a good bet. I dont believe she has been mentioned before. She will be 89 next year, and as an Oscar winner she is certainly famous enougth. Seeing as Deathlist usually has one or two ancient HollyWood luminaries on the list, why not take a punt on her. I really hope instead of Olivis Dehavilland the list features either Gloria Stuart, Luise Rainer, Phyllis Diller, Maureen Ohara, Lena Horne or Jona Fontaine. Jane Wyman was really a missed opportunity this year!

Btw can anyone thing of any more famous Hollywood actresses still alive from the thirties or fourties, who are over 85!

Off the top of my Anita Page is the obvious one, there's also Jane Russell, Katherine Grayson, Deanna Durbin. Nova Pilbeam though I'm not convinced about her.