Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

I would definitely add Maggie Smith to the 2010 list. She's a fairly high profile actress who's been battling various health issues lately. She overcame breast cancer, but now has new health problems.

I would definitely add Maggie Smith to the 2010 list. She's a fairly high profile actress who's been battling various health issues lately. She overcame breast cancer, but now has new health problems.

What are the new health problems?

UGH! :(

I somehow got Maggie Smith mixed up w/ Maggie Jones! Maggie Jones is the one w/ the recent health problems!

Real sorry about that. <_<

I somehow got Maggie Smith mixed up w/ Maggie Jones! Maggie Jones is the one w/ the recent health problems!

Smith, Jones, Oscar winning actress, Minor soap actress - it get's so confusing doesn't it?

I wouldn't dismiss Maggie Smith. I thought I saw the grim reaper eyeing her from the shadows of the last Happy Potter movie.

Smith, Jones, Oscar winning actress, Minor soap actress - it get's so confusing doesn't it?

Frankly I'm surprised BCA has heard of either of them.

Maggie Smith is actually a fairly well known and prominent actress.

Maggie Jones on the other hand......

UGH! :devil:

Real sorry about that. :crossbone:

I wouldn't dismiss Maggie Smith. I thought I saw the grim reaper eyeing her from the shadows of the last Happy Potter movie.

Well, I wouldn't be too worried about Maggie Smith then...

...but perhaps Ralph Fiennes and Helena Bonham Carter should watch out... :crossbone:

Terminal Canadian politico Chuck Strahl has a couple of DDP supporters. Colourful character given his election and cabinet post AFTER terminal diagnosis. UK obit chances highly suspect, right?

Peggy Butcher is leaving Albert Square........no indication yet of whether this will be in a box.

Bei Shizhang prominent Chinese biologist, turns 106 today. I mean; he's got to know how improbable his longevity is, d'ya think he'd look at the odds and suggest himself for next year's list?

Dead

Another dead Chinese, mentioned also by MPFC in the past is Tsien Hsue-shen, dead aged 97. He was an unique pick on the DDP

Michelle Triola - American actress and partner of Dick Van Dyke, has lung cancer with an unknown prognosis.

Tsien Hsue-shen - Chinese scientist involved in the US & Chinese space programs, gaining a bit of controversy along the way, which will help with an obit. Now bedridden, frail & in ill-health and turns 98 this year.

Michelle Triola and Tsien Hsue-shen have died. They should be crossed off the list as well. :skull:

Guest Roland Culais

Mouss Diouf, a 45 years old French actor who suffered a stroke and kidney insuffisiency 23th of February 2009, and another stroke four months later. Rumored at the same time as slowly awakening and very instable. His manager said that he's always in a life threatening situation. Good candidate

Michelle Triola - American actress and partner of Dick Van Dyke, has lung cancer with an unknown prognosis.

Tsien Hsue-shen - Chinese scientist involved in the US & Chinese space programs, gaining a bit of controversy along the way, which will help with an obit. Now bedridden, frail & in ill-health and turns 98 this year.

Michelle Triola and Tsien Hsue-shen have died. They should be crossed off the list as well. :)

Removed, along with Ayala and Levi-Strauss. I'll go through the new suggestions this week and clean up this list a bit.

Mikhail Kalashnikov

The inventor of the ak-47.

At 87 years old, he isn't getting any younger.

Well, he's 90 now and a freshly minted Hero of the Russian Federation. As far as I can see he's in good health.

I'm not sure that the world would have been a better place if he'd invented patriotic poetry rather than an assault rifle.

regards,

Hein

What about Dolores Hope for 2010....Bob's old lady (her page is here)

Not much news on her, but she did have a suspected stroke back in Oct 2008

She's 100 now....and surely has stolen enough oxygen already?

How Do these 8 Sound?

Magic Johnson: Has had HIV for Years

Prince Phillip: He's 88 years old and I would Imagine a Bad One to Miss out on

George Beverly Shea: Turned 100 this Year

Barbra Kent: Born in 1906

John Goodman: A Morbidly Obeese Chain Smoker is a Heart Attak Simply Waiting to Happen

Svetlana Stalin: Stalins Daughter

Micheal Gough: Born in 1913

I. M. Pei: Born in 1917

A morbidly Obese Chain Smoker is a Heart Attak Simly Waiting to Heppen

Jesus H. Christ. Please tell me you do this on purpose. There's at least twelve mistakes in thirteen words, and arguably a couple more if you want to get really picky.

How the hell do you expect to be taken seriously with that kind of signal to noise ratio?

I've not said anything about the quality of your other posts in the vain hope you'd improve or piss off. Sadly, you've done neither.

You can't even spell the names of the people you've picked and added in your sig.

As an outside bet for 2010, what about Brock Lesnar?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/White-No-...ll-Lesnar-20949

Dunno about the very ill bit though. I used to know a guy who'd been around boxing for years who told me Zelko Mavrovic was 'very ill' because he'd lost loads of weight. Whatever the problem it ended his career after he fought Lennox Lewis but the man survives well enough away from boxing. Some boxers ship injuries to major organs which impact badly on their health, stop careers, but leave them able to live for many years.

As an outside bet for 2010, what about Brock Lesnar?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/White-No-...ll-Lesnar-20949

I think thats a very good shout

They are being very cagey about what is wrong with him.

Also Dana White said that he may never fight again, so early. If you are going to announce that you wait until you get a full diagnosis of what is wrong. Especially if he holds a belt ???

Sun Myung Moon (aka "The Messiah" and leader of the "True Family") is someone to keep an eye on. Haven't found anything on his health yet, but he's turning 90 on January 6th and he's been passing control of all of his assets (including the religious cult "Unification Church", and the Washington newspaper he owns) to his sons.

If not in 2010, certainly one to keep on the radar for the next . . .