Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

Lena Horne - singer, who no longer makes public appearances, turns 93 this year.

Lena Horne has died. :D

Information six hours later than VSBfromH had it in the correct thread. This makes you the current holder of the DL mormon underpants award for worthless contributions.

Garment.jpg

Ronnie James Dio - Badass rocker, currently fighting stomach cancer. Has a decent chance of surviving, but certainly not out of danger yet.

Ronnie James Dio died from stomach cancer on May 16, 2010. His name should be removed from the list as well, along with Dennis Hopper & Lena Horne.

Angus Douglas-Hamilton, 15th Duke of Hamilton - Sufferer of vascular dementia and requiring 24-hour care.

Now dead and requiring 24-hour refrigeration.

One of the BP villains - Tony Hayward or that old Swedish guy who's based on the baddie from The Spy Who Loved Me. Topping themselves out of guilt, or killed in some sort of karmically-justified drowning. Or blown up in an oil rig inferno.

Gene Colan - American comic book artist, dying of liver failure.

His liver seems to be taking rather a long time to give up the ghost. He's still active enough to have just broken his shoulder.

Some interesting developments. Gene Colan's shoulder was actually broken after he was attacked by his mentally ill wife, Adrienne Colan. He left her after the assault and she was placed in psychiatric care after a "self harm incident". Adrienne Colan was found dead at her home today, which "isn't a great surprise" to those who were close to her...

Bob Sheppard - Voice of the New York Yankees, whose health has been more off than on in 2008, now turning 100.

Bob Sheppard is outta here! Angel in the outfield

George Steinbrenner - Former NY baseball manager, now said to be very ill by numerous sources. He did get out and about a while back, looking only so-so at best though.

George Steinbrenner's name can now be removed from the list as he died on the 13th July 2010.

Mitch Miller - musician, little heard of lately, and possibly in a nursing home, turned 99 this year

Mitch Miller can now be removed from the list as he died on the 31st of July 2010.

Mitch Miller - musician, little heard of lately, and possibly in a nursing home, turned 99 this year

Mitch Miller can now be removed from the list as he died on the 31st of July 2010.

So was he 99 in 2007, or 99 in 2010?

So was he 99 in 2007, or 99 in 2010?

He was 99 in 2010.

Jan Wilson, a leading Labour politician in Yorkshire council has lost her battle with cancer. She was mentioned on this site a couple of years back.

Jan Wilson, a leading Labour politician in Yorkshire council has lost her battle with cancer. She was mentioned on this site a couple of years back.

She was mentioned here.

regards,

Hein

She was mentioned here.

regards,

Hein

I have no recollection whatsoever of posting that. :)

A unique pick for me on the DDP. Two hits so far. I'm going to come out top this year.... for sure :)

A unique pick for me on the DDP. Two hits so far. I'm going to come out top this year.... for sure :)

Hold yer horses son, this needs a national obit before picking up the points...

...and here it is!

Congrats....:party:

Guest MSC

Hello!

Was looking through this list the other day, and in doing some research earlier, found that:

"Algirdas Brazauskas - Former Lithuanian President and Prime Minister, diagnosed with lymphatic cancer in December 2008 and remains very unhealthy."

Died in June.

Also you have Dennis Hopper and Ronnie Dio still on the list. I think there was another few but I can't remember, but I shall mention if I stumble across them.

Keep up the good effort, Canadian Paul!

Hello!

Was looking through this list the other day, and in doing some research earlier, found that:

"Algirdas Brazauskas - Former Lithuanian President and Prime Minister, diagnosed with lymphatic cancer in December 2008 and remains very unhealthy."

Died in June.

Also you have Dennis Hopper and Ronnie Dio still on the list. I think there was another few but I can't remember, but I shall mention if I stumble across them.

Hey, thanks! I was completely unaware that all those people had died, so now I've gone ahead and removed them. Just to keep you on your toes, though, I inserted someone who was already dead into the list. See if you can find him (or her... hmm...)!

Lena Horne and George Steinbrenner are also dead. Their names should be deleted as well.

Hello!

Died in June.

Hey, thanks! I was completely unaware that all those people had died, so now I've gone ahead and removed them. Just to keep you on your toes, though, I inserted someone who was already dead into the list. See if you can find him (or her... hmm...)!

Not difficult... best now take Alex Higgins out of your list for a second time!

Peter Quaife - Founding member of The Kinks who has been suffering from kidney failure since 1998. Apparently had a significant deterioration of health since 2007.

Peter Quaife died on the 23rd of June 2010. His name should be removed from the list as well.

Ray Bradbury - Overweight, wheelchair bound, very ill chap, but he is a very strong willed man who still posts on his website, and made a public appearance in May 2008, turns 9- this year.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but toy sculptor Edward Wires died a few weeks ago. He sculpted a lot of ToyBiz's Marvel Legends figures.

Looks like Andy Kershaw might have recovered enough to be off our radar. That new series will take him well away from his former partner, and trouble.