Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

Peter Jackson - Not the filmmaker, but the footy boss. Currently receiving treatment for lung cancer.

Now cancer free.

Maureen O'hara is an Irish film actress. she should go on the deathlist next year.

also, Odstock, would you like to put her onto your DDP team for next year along with Jean Delannoy?

O'Hara is an outside bet at the moment. She's still quite feisty & active, despite recent illness.

As for Delannoy, no, not really.

I'm quite happy with who I DO have, right now, thanks for asking.

Maybe you should have listened to that wise Unknown Man, as Monsieur Delannoy est mort. Does this news delannoy you?

Maybe you should have listened to that wise Unknown Man, as Monsieur Delannoy est mort. Does this news delannoy you?

Nah. I've just, today, heard "good" news about one of the people I did pick.

Besides, I can't do too well & win the DP I run - it would be too Mugabe-ish...

Gretna F.C. owner Brooks Mileson is apparently on his deathbed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_Mileson

Would be worth considering, possibly, for 2009 if he even lasts for the rest of this year.

There's been a lot of ranting on local football message boards - Carlisle and Gretna (till it shut last Monday) - suggesting Mileson isn't about to die just yet and the reports of his desperate health are partly a ruse to keep him away from the main cause of stress, the demise of Gretna FC. Hard to know for sure, he certainly isn't any kind of healthy living role model, puffing his way through three packs of fags a day even during cancer treatment.

Edwin Morgan - Famous Scottish poet, now in very ill health, but still making a few public appearances. Turned 88 this year.

Long article about the health of Edwin Morgan. His prostate cancer has spread to his spine, which will kill him much more quickly.

The old poet is sitting at his desk, his all-but-broken body crumpled, his white-haired head bowed. He can't hear very well, but hates to admit it. He can't write, or at least when he does, even he can hardly read what he's written. He can't move from his chair.

Sam Manekshaw - the first of only two Indian military officers to hold the highest rank of Field Marshal of the Indian Army, reportedly on his deathbed and was recently visited by the President of India, turned 94 this year to boot.

Field Marshall Manekshaw has slipped in to a coma, his condition is critical.

Sam Manekshaw - the first of only two Indian military officers to hold the highest rank of Field Marshal of the Indian Army, reportedly on his deathbed and was recently visited by the President of India, turned 94 this year to boot.

Dead

Dead

A hard day at work ends with some points injected into my somewhat lacklustre assualt on deadpool honours this year. The man is a shoe-in for broadsheet obits, right?

Oh Y-E-E-E-E-E-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S!!!!!! :P:angry::angry:

Dead

A hard day at work ends with some points injected into my somewhat lacklustre assualt on deadpool honours this year. The man is a shoe-in for broadsheet obits, right?

Oh Y-E-E-E-E-E-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S!!!!!! :P:angry::angry:

I'm beginning to get the feeling that DDT is Death! As soon as he appears and mentions somebody, their days are numbered... ;)

The man is a shoe-in for broadsheet obits, right?

BBC obit for Sam Manekshaw. Well done to the teams who selected him on various deadpools. :P

I think I've removed all the deceased individuals... another round of the dying to be added shortly, I hope.

Vasily Aleksanyan - Very young (36) VP of Yukos oil, now under arrest. After much refusal from Russian authorities, was finally transferred to a hospital after going blind from metastatic cancer and AIDS.

Vasily Aleksanyan has had his jail term extended, which won't do his health much good.

Vasily Aleksanyan - Very young (36) VP of Yukos oil, now under arrest. After much refusal from Russian authorities, was finally transferred to a hospital after going blind from metastatic cancer and AIDS.

Vasily Aleksanyan has had his jail term extended, which won't do his health much good.

The question is for me whether he is famous or is he famous for being sick.

The list needs some dead clearing. Particularly where it says that Tony Snow seems to be doing well. :crossbone:

The list needs some dead clearing. Particularly where it says that Tony Snow seems to be doing well. :crossbone:

Haven't been a lot of celebrities dying lately (other than Estelle Getty). The Grim Reaper is just tired, that's all...a lot of famous people died from late May to June so Death is just taking a break, i guess.

Maybe Margaret Thatcher will die soon. Or fidel *ahem* Castro *cough cough*.

He's doing well, depending on what your viewpoint is. :crossbone:

I'll update the list soon, I'm just busy with a lot of stuff at the moment but, in less than two weeks, I'll have a lot of downtime.

He's doing well, depending on what your viewpoint is. :crossbone:

I'll update the list soon, I'm just busy with a lot of stuff at the moment but, in less than two weeks, I'll have a lot of downtime.

He is resting comfortibly I guess.

Mitch Miller - musician, little heard of lately, and possibly in a nursing home, turns 97 this year

If you want to take a whole sack of salt with it, Wikipedia has the following unsourced claim about Miller:

Miller, now 97, currently resides in New York City and continues to be a guest-conductor for many renowned orchestras.

Can't find anything to substantiate it though.

Removed all the deceased and was all the way to mid-July with the update before Hank Cochran's website crashed my computer. Starting over...

Took less time than I thought to catch up to Cochrane. Saving progress just in case...

Caught up now to August 15. Skippy hooray.

Christina Applegate - Married... with Children! actress who discovered that she has breast cancer in August 2008. Early detection means almost certain recovery.

Applegate 100% clear of breast cancer.

Not all that surprising really. I'll take her and the late Bob H. off the list.

Christina Applegate - Married... with Children! actress who discovered that she has breast cancer in August 2008. Early detection means almost certain recovery.

Applegate 100% clear of breast cancer.

Not all that surprising really. I'll take her and the late Bob H. off the list.

Good for her. In the back of my mind, i knew she would pull through. They caught it in the very early stages so that helped.

Guest Zinedine Zidane

We need another Z - How about Efrem Zimbalist Jnr?

Guest Fuzzy Zoeller

Not to mention Franco Zeffirelli, Buckwheat Zydeco and Norma Zimmer.