Anubis the Jackal

Country For Old Men (And Women)

Not yet the time of the preacher then. Good.

When he does goes, I just need to say that he'll always be on my mind...

2 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

David Guest was embarking on an "I'm not dead" tour when he died and (if true) Willie Nelson has been on a "Still not dead" tour - could be a lesson to be learned here I think......

One that Phill Collins is ignoring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

US country singer John Anderson hospitalized with "serious medical issue":

http://www.wideopencountry.com/john-anderson-hospitalized/

Ooooo that'll be big news later today, if it IS serious.  At least it's not Jon Anderson of Yes.  
SC

On 03/08/2017 at 20:38, Sir Creep said:

Ooooo that'll be big news later today, if it IS serious.  At least it's not Jon Anderson of Yes.  
SC

The Yes man, is - allegedly - going deaf; so may vanish below the radar to the point where form studying becomes a problem. Interestingly, so many musicians of his generation have suffered hearing loss and combine this with large cash reserves that medical science has responded with rebuilding eardrum operations and other moves likely to help some of the ageing heroes. I spoke to one 70 year old with a few hit singles to his name who's just undergone the rebuild. He can hear and talk on the phone but his critical listening abilities are totally gone now.

Totally irrelvent to the country thread but just thought I'd share this with the group.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

The Yes man, is - allegedly - going deaf; so may vanish below the radar to the point where form studying becomes a problem. Interestingly, so many musicians of his generation have suffered hearing loss and combine this with large cash reserves that medical science has responded with rebuilding eardrum operations and other moves likely to help some of the ageing heroes. I spoke to one 70 year old with a few hit singles to his name who's just undergone the rebuild. He can hear and talk on the phone but his critical listening abilities are totally gone now.

Totally irrelvent to the country thread but just thought I'd share this with the group.

Aye, so how was Dave, then?

Hey, its British music, I've probably got a... 15-20% chance of nabbing the right first name by default.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Aye, so how was Dave, then?

Hey, its British music, I've probably got a... 15-20% chance of nabbing the right first name by default.

OK, I"ll go with Eric

12 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Willie Nelson (doesn't he have his own thread?) cuts a concert short over breathing problem.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7898228/willie-nelson-hospital-breathing-problems-reports

Last year, I posted here that he received stem cell therapy for his lungs.... This man will be going down soon.

Edit: Actually in December 2015 already.

Not a good year to be a country musicians then. We already lost Glen Campbell, and Loretta Lynn and Willie Nelson has been ill throughout the year as well, and I suspect both of them will be gone before the end of the year...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Willie Nelson (doesn't he have his own thread?) cuts a concert short over breathing problem.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7898228/willie-nelson-hospital-breathing-problems-reports

He said it was the altitude that bothered him.

That's cuz he's 6 feet higher elevation than he should be.

Rosanne Cash posted online stating her father would have been horrified at the Charlottesville white supremacist filmed wearing a Johnny Cash t-shirt.

• Confused 1

Bobby Boyd, NFL cornerback for the Baltimore Colts (1960-1968), has died aged 79. His final game was the Super Bowl in 1969.
---------------------------------

Looking for a different obit on the NFL Bobby Boyd to publish, I came across another Bobby Boyd we missed.

(From June 30, 2017):

"The country music industry is mourning the loss of a great songwriter this week.  Bobby Boyd, the writer behind hits, like “Two of a Kind Workin’ on a Full House” and “Working Man’s PHD,” has passed away at the age of 69.  Boyd got his start in music way back in the 1960s and ’70s. During that time, he performed at a club in Chattanooga almost nightly. Eventually, he wound up as a staff writer for Jimmy Bowen, writing several of his hit songs while employed there.  Over the years, he wrote songs for artists like Garth BrooksAaron TippinMartina McBrideNitty Gritty Dirt Band and George Jones, just to name a few.  Boyd was such a talented songwriter that he was also able to stray outside the confines of country music. In the ’60s and ’70s, he teamed up with Little RichardThe Platters and The Coasters as well as several other notable artists.
SC

(Note: We have also posted a Bob Boyd, men's basketball coach at USC during the UCLA John Wooden era).
  • Like 1

Wow. What a tragic day for country music ! 2 legends dead 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

13 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

The ghost of Glen Campbell must be seeking revenge on his rivals...

(After all, it's the one month anniversary of his death)

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

The ghost of Glen Campbell must be seeking revenge on his rivals...

(After all, it's the one month anniversary of his death)

Good thing there's at least one thing he didn't forget about.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I remember when I was a little kid, going with my mum to a record shop and she bought a Don Williams album for my dad.

RIP 

• Like 2