Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

I heard of this one guy from Columbo who got diagnosed with a disease that I can't remember. I think his name was Glen Wilder or something...

I don't think there were regulars on the show. Peter Falk was the star, but as for any others, guests just came and went

• Like 1

I am obsessed with murder detective shows. Izombie is my favourite.

3 minutes ago, MDavidSteel said:

I don't think there were regulars on the show. Peter Falk was the star, but as for any others, guests just came and went

:whoosh:

• Like 1

3 episodes into American Gods and its a toss up between it and Fargo.... Very well made, and Ian Mcshane is Ian Mcshane. Big shout out to peter Stromare. Fantastic.

52 minutes ago, charon said:

3 episodes into American Gods and its a toss up between it and Fargo.... Very well made, and Ian Mcshane is Ian Mcshane. Big shout out to peter Stromare. Fantastic.

Fucking hell, you are giving out praise.

It must be good!!! :lol:

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing that, because 1) I've read the book and 2) Ian McShane

Yesterday evening, I started watching the 7-episode docuseries "The Keepers" on Netflix. I ended up finishing the whole thing, all 7 hours of it, by the end of the night. It was that captivating.

It's about a nun, Cathy Cesnik, who got murdered in November 1969. She was working at Archbishop Keough High School in Baltimore as an English teacher. It quickly delves into deeper issues such as sexual abuse at the school and the massive cover-up involving the whole Archdiocese of Baltimore and the State of Maryland. The documentary switches off between the murder and abuse in the '60s, the victims coming forward and going to court in the '90s, and two former students of Cathy's (now little old ladies) trying to solve the murder once and for all in the present day. 

Not gonna spoil too much, but I highly recommend it.

Sounds like a show made for DJL

Been watching Unreal on Amazon Prime. Don't know if I've ever seen a TV show before where every single character is an utterly irredeemable piece of shit, but I'm enjoying it.

Ok, so I watched Mamma Mia! yesterday. And well, ABBA really were the biggest Pop group ever. 

• Like 1

This series of Doctor Who has been really good. Great Swan song for Peter Capaldi.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ok, so I watched Mamma Mia! yesterday. And well, ABBA really were the biggest Pop group ever. 

I love a lot of ABBA.

I love musical theatre and musicals.

Chess is an amazing piece of work - I defy anyone not to listen to Anthem and not be moved.

I saw Mamma Mia in the cinema, and laughed all the way through at how dreadful it was. It is awful.

Just now, YoungWillz said:

I love a lot of ABBA.

I love musical theatre and musicals.

Chess is an amazing piece of work - I defy anyone not to listen to Anthem and not be moved.

I saw Mamma Mia in the cinema, and laughed all the way through at how dreadful it was. It is awful.

I watched it on a plane. It really is awful. Only Julie Walters comes out of it with any credibility. 

• Like 1

Ah, the movie is just an excuse to listen to the songs. And there's Meryl Streep, so it's ok. Or so I thought.

Am I the only person who sees this thread, and can't think of a single thing of interest they've seen on TV? I mostly watch train documentaries and Frasier repeats, lately.

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It's a really bad film. ABBA are good, though.

8 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This series of Doctor Who has been really good. Great Swan song for Peter Capaldi.

Yeah, best in a few years. They should have axed Jenna Coleman ages ago.

I think the space zombies one is the best so far (nicely directed too). Strange season when the Mark Gatiss story is above average, but the 3 part epic is a big letdown!

23 minutes ago, msc said:

Am I the only person who sees this thread, and can't think of a single thing of interest they've seen on TV? I mostly watch train documentaries and Frasier repeats, lately.

BBC News Channel and the Top Of The Pops repeats for me. I really liked Cuckoo as well.

28 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ah, the movie is just an excuse to listen to the songs. And there's Meryl Streep, so it's ok. Or so I thought.

It's all good gcreptile, some of my friends loved it. I think it should be called Marmite Mia. ;)

• Like 1

GoT is almost back, might as well have a catchup via Samuel L  https://youtu.be/6N4gEJ_ED98

Has anyone else seen the new Twin Peaks series?  I've probably infected my PC with all sorts of malware, but I have found all the episodes to view online.

Apparently it has got a fairly mixed reception, but I worship at the alter of David Lynch and I'm happy to report that it's truly and utterly brilliant.  

(The bit about shadows, three minutes in and then he starts muttering about dharma! :huh:)

Today I watched 15 to 1, first time I've watched this show in its new incarnation, what a travesty it is. Instead of urbane William G Stewart we have diminutive Danish lesbian Sandi Toksvig, whose irritating nasal voice grates on my nerves akin to a neighbour's yapping lapdog.

Gone, is the winners prize of an antiquity mounted on a plinth, replaced instead by vulgar cash.  With each passing day I despair of this country, all hope is gone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tempus Fugit said:

Today I watched 15 to 1, first time I've watched this show in its new incarnation, what a travesty it is. Instead of urbane William G Stewart we have diminutive Danish lesbian Sandi Toksvig, whose irritating nasal voice grates on my nerves akin to a neighbour's yapping lapdog.

Gone, is the winners prize of an antiquity mounted on a plinth, replaced instead by vulgar cash.  With each passing day I despair of this country, all hope is gone.

Good to see you again Tempus. :) 

Having actually met William G Stewart, I'm glad to have someone much less pompous.

• Like 1

Talking of which, Richard Madeley is on This Week, another I've met.

In contrast, I rather liked him. Hands like shovels.

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Having actually met William G Stewart, I'm glad to have someone much less pompous.

He was perfect for the show, Toksvig only got the gig because she's a showbiz lesbian.

Hardly surprising given Channel 4's odious adherence to political correctness. One only has to listen to their new continuity announcers, they seem to have either strong West Indian accents or some other speech impediment making them barely intelligible, thus negating the whole purpose of a continuity announcer.

• Like 1

Tosvig was perfect as a stand up straight man for children. No 73 was it? Ironic as you wouldn't let the boot anywhere near your own.

• Like 1

I like Sandi Toksvig without her No.73 was dire twaddle. I met William G. Stewart when I appeared on 15 to 1 and he was just brought in to ask the questions and then whisked out again. I am cross that it now has a cash price because previously it was the quiz show for the insufferably smug know it alls who just went on to show off.

• Like 2