Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Game Of Thrones is back, squeeeeeeeeeeeee 

drinking-wine-smiley-emoticon.gif

One of the very few shows that my whole family can watch together.

• Like 2

OldWillz does like watching old show re-runs on the telly.

If he's seen every Columbo at least 10 times, that might be an understatement.

Anyway, he's into Quincy at the moment. Klugman as the main character does do an awful lot of shouting and arguing I've noticed, even with his colleagues. They couldn't fire him though, his name was in the title.

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

OldWillz does like watching old show re-runs on the telly.

If he's seen every Columbo at least 10 times, that might be an understatement.

Anyway, he's into Quincy at the moment. Klugman as the main character does do an awful lot of shouting and arguing I've noticed, even with his colleagues. They couldn't fire him though, his name was in the title.

One of my teddy bears is called Quincy. I can't quite remember if I named him after the character or if I just liked the name.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Handrejka said:

One of my teddy bears is called Quincy. I can't quite remember if I named him after the character or if I just liked the name.

Ive still got a teddy bear ( now in my daughters care) called Teddy Edward. He has one eye and is as hard as fuck.:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:
10 hours ago, Handrejka said:

Ive still got a teddy bear ( now in my daughters care) called Teddy Edward. He has one eye and is as hard as fuck.:D

Mine is called Brown Teddy.  I was an unimaginative child.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Mine is called Brown Teddy.  I was an unimaginative child.

Mine were called Paddington ad Baloo, can you guess which toy bears they were based on yet? :P

3 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Mine were called Paddington ad Baloo, can you guess which toy bears they were based on yet? :P

Must have been Tom and Jerry.

:D

• Like 1

Started watching Countdown again.

Ah, every social misfit goes on that show. Mostly blokes these days, I see Rachel Riley's arse seems to be the bigger draw than creating a decent word.

Additionally, helluva lot of Americanisms! Oh how I fumed at the allowance of "matrixes" last week. And still they didn't get "codices" a couple of days later. And today they didn't even see "optician".

I hate it, but fills some time up in the day...

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ah, every social misfit goes on that show.

:mellow:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

:mellow:

You were on in the days it was good, before Vordermans facial surgery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it still that grumpy twat hosting Countdown? Nick somebody. Needs a Whiteley type, not Mr "You'll Have Had Yer Innuendo"..

Ozark... The new Breaking Bad? Or too similar?....

Lolololololol xbbuxi.jpg

I liked this one

torienne.jpg.602975e52b9d4f8cde3642cd8315863d.jpg

• Like 2

Ive just started to watch a doco ( via Sky arts ) about Laurel and Hardy.

Ive watched about 30 mins of it, I will watch the rest later.

They are the greatest of the greatest and I still laugh as much when I watch them as I did as a kid.

Chaplin was shite tho.

• Like 2

Comrade Detective. Imagine Named Gun crossed with Life on Mars set in 1980s Bucharest, absolute hatred of Raygun politics, with marvelous soundtrack. And its dubbed. 10/10 communista's. cena.gif

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, charon said:

Comrade Detective. Imagine Named Gun crossed with Life on Mars set in 1980s Bucharest, absolute hatred of Raygun politics, with marvelous soundtrack. And its dubbed. 10/10 communista's. cena.gif

What channel is it on then?

Think it an Amazon Original thing, but I stole it via showbox. All 6 episodes were dumped in a oner a week or so back. Very very watchable.

• Thanks 1

With the exception of Doctor Who I have pretty much given up on watching broadcast TV but I was visiting my in-laws on Saturday and had the misfotune to witness Len Goodman's Partners in Rhyme clearly this treat is aimed at those people who are put off by the intellectual rigours of Catchphrase. They have given up scraping the bottom of the barrel and are not investigating what is under the barrel.

• Like 2

ngl, enjoyed the fuck out of the One Day At A Time reboot on Netflix, easily superior to the similar but vastly overrated Black-ish.

I endured 5 minutes of Len Goodman's Partners in Rhyme, Len Goodman actually put his name in the show's title!!! This surely is proof positive that the man is either severely mentally ill or an egomaniacal cuntmonkey with no self-awareness.

Either way, the mere fact that this show was green-lighted by the BBC is a clear indication that we are truly close to the end of days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

I endured 5 minutes of Len Goodman's Partners in Rhyme, Len Goodman actually put his name in the show's title!!! This surely is proof positive that the man is either severely mentally ill or an egomaniacal cuntmonkey with no self-awareness.

Either way, the mere fact that this show was green-lighted by the BBC is a clear indication that we are truly close to the end of days.

You actually lasted 5 whole minutes!

• Like 2

I have come to this very late but was watching the Sky adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Going Postal. It is very good. Superb cast.

'Better Call Saul' Season 3 will likely remain my favourite show of the year. Though a little slower in pace than BB, the two share the same effort of character development & subplots which eventually lead into the bigger story.

Cracking performance from Jonathan Banks as Mike  Ehrmantraut, a fan favourite & probably drives the action forward more so than the titular character.