Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

I am enjoying 'American Crime Story:  The Assassination of Gianni Versace'.  Although it feels wrong to enjoy because it's true, and real people were murdered.

However I am loving the sheer campness of everything, the gay clubs, the music ... .

And the guy who plays the serial killer is absolutely mesmerising.

Penelope Cruz is a bit shit as Donatella though - thick non-Italian accent, can hardly understand a word she says.

• Like 1

cant wait till the next episode of the walking dead

On 4/29/2017 at 13:05, charon said:

Lol. I was winding up re it being the neds game.

Fargo you can watch in any order season wise. Do it. Do it now. You will love Billy Bob Thornton in S1, the black dood in S2 and Thewlis in S3.
Not an option msc, its an order......watch it.

Thought you'd mentioned this a few weeks ago.

Watched first episode and half of episode 2 last night. It's very good. Bit weird seeing Martin Freeman with a middle of America accent, but Billy Bob plays a psycho very well.

Mr Numbers is one of those actors - Adam Goldberg - you suddenly realise has been in everything, too.

• Like 1

'This Country' is amusing.  It's a spoof documentary series about chavvy teenagers in a Cotswold village.  It's all on iplayer - started as a BBC3 thing but has now been promoted to BBC1 despite the relentless "effing and jeffing".

(I think it's pure coincidence that there is going to be a scarecrow competition at our village fete this summer, but it did make me LMFAO.)

The reboot of Roseanne premieres today and I can't wait!

On 3/27/2018 at 09:50, Phantom of the Midway said:

The reboot of Roseanne premieres today and I can't wait!

Estelle Parsons reprised her role as Bev in last night's episode.

If you ask me, she hasn't changed a bit since the '90s. 

Wouldn't recommend her for any pools any time soon.

• Thanks 1

Had a wee English cunto up working for a few months, filmed for the above which aired last night on C4.

Not watched the dross but meant to have screentime marky.gif.80ecd940af18fda63b7d0d54e5cfb485.gif

• Like 1

I'm sure charonspotting could be the new trainspotting, but that show sounds far too dull. Sorry. :D

• Haha 1

Westworld.

Don't open spoiler unless you up to speed but this very well done comparison.

Ronin's are great, fuck the ninjas.

For the various Dr Who fans on here.

Twitch will be binging on the old classics for a month.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2018 at 12:56, Toast said:

'This Country' is amusing.  It's a spoof documentary series about chavvy teenagers in a Cotswold village.  It's all on iplayer - started as a BBC3 thing but has now been promoted to BBC1 despite the relentless "effing and jeffing".

(I think it's pure coincidence that there is going to be a scarecrow competition at our village fete this summer, but it did make me LMFAO.)

To be honest I really couldn't get into that. 

They've rebooted the classic film Picnic at Hanging Rock as a miniseries on Prime.

Gonna give ep 1 a go over the weekend.

Interested to see how good it is.

Started watching "Happy" on Netflix. It's weird. Reached ep 6, it's slowly starting to make a bit of sense (I think). Oh look! An imaginary invisible blue flying unicorn. Who'd a thunk it? 

BBC filling there live music critereon in the absence of Glastonbury with the generally underwhelming Biggest Weekend. 

Just watched Celebrity Wife Swap USA for the first time; the episode was from 2015 and featured Cloris Leachman & Pia Zadora. What a load of shite. Staged to the nines.

Of course one of the reasons I watched it was for form-spotting. At the time of filming Cloris had hurt her ankle but she was strong enough to push herself in a normal wheelchair. I wasn't aware that she did so many things for her health: ate a vegetarian diet, encouraged probiotics, spent time outside her house in a canyon, played the piano, stayed physically active etc.

The rumours about her having dementia are also clearly not true. She handled the heat superbly.

Pia - Your cheap ass $29 polyester bathrobe is horrible.

Cloris - It's actually a $57 bathrobe!

Class act, my admiration for her grows every time I see her. Picking her for a dead pool feels wrong.

Been watching the Channel 4 sitcom, Friday Night Dinner. I love it! Fresh-feeling, realistic elements, not stressful in a way that some sitcoms can be, and Tom Rosenthal and Simon Bird are a class act. Caught it a week or so ago on telly (it's on Series 5) and I've binged it when I've had the chance since. This and Damned are the only sitcoms of the last few years to make me properly laugh out loud, I'd say since The Thick Of It.

One for Toasty et al.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/game-of-thrones-prequel-series-jane-goldman-hbo-1202837883/

Mrs Jonathan Ross to write GoT prequel.

She has some shit hot credits to her name so not as daft as you may think.

• Like 1

So, while I think Tracey Ullman's best days are far, far, far behind her (plus she's taken US citizenship, so another Brit making money from Britain and taking it offshore, fnah fnah), whoever she got to do impersonate Jacob Rees-Mogg is doing what I can only describe as perfection. Give that guy a job.

So, not exactly TV, but I’m not sure where I should put this. I’ve been watching a lot of George Carlin on YouTube as of late. He was a really funny guy all the way to his death...

Not strictly TV but I have been enjoying dipping into the Doctor Who marathon on Twitch. Over the past two months 12-16 episodes have been shown each night in a repeating loop three times. Most of the remaining complete stories. There is also a chat function which is hilarious. Last 10 episodes tonight.

3 episodes in out of the 4 so far for Castle Rock, and 'okay'. Much vaunted as a Stephen King Universe, but as I don't get most of the Shawshank references, its a bit wasted on me.

Decent, but in a poor mans Fargo way.

However.......stumbled on Strange Angel.

The absolute joy that Ridley Scott helped produce with The Terror, and I wondered whit next but never looked.

Well this is whit.

8 episodes in, done the first 2. A late 1930's wannabe rocket scientist in yanksville gets caught up with an Aliester Crowley mob.

Gonna try for the next 6 tomorrow lol.

Weak willed, is the Whole of the Law.

6 hours ago, charon said:

3 episodes in out of the 4 so far for Castle Rock, and 'okay'. Much vaunted as a Stephen King Universe, but as I don't get most of the Shawshank references, its a bit wasted on me.

Decent, but in a poor mans Fargo way.

However.......stumbled on Strange Angel.

The absolute joy that Ridley Scott helped produce with The Terror, and I wondered whit next but never looked.

Well this is whit.

8 episodes in, done the first 2. A late 1930's wannabe rocket scientist in yanksville gets caught up with an Aliester Crowley mob.

Gonna try for the next 6 tomorrow lol.

Weak willed, is the Whole of the Law.

"Castle Rock" Stephen kings stuff is like flipping a coin half excellent and half shit castle rock is more shit as I cant be asked to watch the fourth episode

nothing really to watch till the Autumn, have been watching the preacher but its not all that

If anyone is interested, the very first episode of EastEnders is being transmitted this coming Monday on Drama (U.K. TV - Freeview 20 Freesat 158 Sky 143) at 12 noon. It was first broadcast on the 19th February 1985.

They are showing two "classic episodes" per weekday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

If anyone is interested, the very first episode of EastEnders is being transmitted this coming Monday on Drama (U.K. TV - Freeview 20 Freesat 158 Sky 143) at 12 noon. It was first broadcast on the 19th February 1985.

They are showing two "classic episodes" per weekday.

Throughout the episode as each character enters a scene you can shout Dead or Alive.

• Haha 2