Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

2 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

If anyone is interested, the very first episode of EastEnders is being transmitted this coming Monday on Drama (U.K. TV - Freeview 20 Freesat 158 Sky 143) at 12 noon. It was first broadcast on the 19th February 1985.

They are showing two "classic episodes" per weekday.

@Deathray Your wet dream has come true.

On 04/08/2018 at 15:44, The Mad Hatter said:

@Deathray Your wet dream has come true.

Wrong soap.

5 hours ago, Deathray said:

Wrong soap.

Could be used as leverage on your Corrie board though surely Deathers? "Look..they've done it for Eastenders!"

ISTR having a look when somebody linked it and getting older stuff revisited was 'your thing'.

Always assuming you aren't currently banned for repeat threads about repeats that is ;).

28 minutes ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Just been watching Dr Pimple Popper on TLC makes you feel a lot happier about your own issues. :unsure:

game of thrones is good for that

especially Theon's  misfortunes

37 minutes ago, runebomme said:

especially Theon's  misfortunes

Well he was a dick. And then indeed wasn't.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Well he was a dick. And then indeed wasn't.

so losing your dick makes you not a dick

8 hours ago, En Passant said:

Could be used as leverage on your Corrie board though surely Deathers? "Look..they've done it for Eastenders!"

ISTR having a look when somebody linked it and getting older stuff revisited was 'your thing'.

Always assuming you aren't currently banned for repeat threads about repeats that is ;).

I have a strong feeling you are also a member of that particular forum....

On 06/08/2018 at 16:49, Deathray said:

Wrong soap.

Deathray, I understand that all 156 episodes of the BBC's ill-fated Eldorado are available on YouTube.  Tackling that lot in one go might be interesting?

(I know this after falling down a Wikipedia rabbit hole while trying to work out where I'd seen that bloke on Holby City before)

The left are currently starting a #bbcswitchoff for their bias towards the tory party and perceived anti corbyn coverage. I'll be honest i don't watch TV or BBC news as its 'too safe' and doesn't investigate real issues in the UK (were was the BBC during islamic rape gangs cover ups for decades?). I stopped watching bbc news around 2012 as i thought it had left wing bias. If both sides don't feel they're represented then you do wonder who does the BBC represent? If the BBC is changing allegiance to whatever government is in power then it's nothing more that state run propaganda paid for by the people and it should be funded by the state not the people.I'm not fan of corbyn but these attacks are becoming extremely silly. I have a feeling labour under corbyn wouldn't support Israel. But that's not anti-semitic. Corbyns heart is in the right place but he is very naive on immigration.

I also think corbyn supporters and trump supporters have more in common than either side would be willing to admit.

47 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

The left are currently starting a #bbcswitchoff for their bias towards the tory party and perceived anti corbyn coverage. I'll be honest i don't watch TV or BBC news as its 'too safe' and doesn't investigate real issues in the UK (were was the BBC during islamic rape gangs cover ups for decades?). I stopped watching bbc news around 2012 as i thought it had left wing bias. If both sides don't feel they're represented then you do wonder who does the BBC represent? If the BBC is changing allegiance to whatever government is in power then it's nothing more that state run propaganda paid for by the people and it should be funded by the state not the people.I'm not fan of corbyn but these attacks are becoming extremely silly. I have a feeling labour under corbyn wouldn't support Israel. But that's not anti-semitic. Corbyns heart is in the right place but he is very naive on immigration.

I also think corbyn supporters and trump supporters have more in common than either side would be willing to admit.

Corbyn is a cunt.

May is an even bigger one.

There you go, a balanced viewpoint.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Corbyn is a cunt.

Shock news at ten tonight, LFN prefers Jeremy Corbyn.

:o

:lol::lol::lol:

The BBC has lost the plot with this balance idiocy.

Giving any time at all to climate change deniers like Lawson with vested interests is barking mad and dangerous beyond belief. The uninitiated will assume there is a reasonable counterpoint when there isn't. Capitalist short termism run riot.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, msc said:

Shock news at ten tonight, LFN prefers Jeremy Corbyn.

:o

:lol::lol::lol:

As the great Eric Morecambe once said of his comedy heroes Laurel and Hardy 'One is an idiot and the other is a complete idiot'

Comedy gold, right on our doorstep. :lol:

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2017 at 17:10, DevonDeathTrip said:

Heard something on the radio earlier about a programme where Pat from EastEnders and the darts player Bobby George go off on a cannabis smoking tour of the USA.  Anyone know when it's on, because I can't miss that! 

If anyone missed one of the highlights of ITV 2017, someone's put a big chunk (possibly all) of Gone to Pot on YouTube. Watch Pat Butcher, Bobby George, Biggins and Fash the Bash travel the US and try lots of weed.

Fashanu is like a Day Today character come to life.

22 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Corbyn is a cunt.

Now If the BBC reported news like that more often i might watch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/08/2018 at 22:13, DevonDeathTrip said:

Deathray, I understand that all 156 episodes of the BBC's ill-fated Eldorado are available on YouTube.  Tackling that lot in one go might be interesting?

(I know this after falling down a Wikipedia rabbit hole while trying to work out where I'd seen that bloke on Holby City before)

I've attempted that. Even I can't manage more than 5 episodes before giving up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've been watching The Handmaid's Tale, but that's finished for now, so might look for something else.  There must be something decent among all the dross.

23 hours ago, Toast said:

I've been watching The Handmaid's Tale, but that's finished for now, so might look for something else.  There must be something decent among all the dross.

Better Call Saul is good and season four has started

Cheers, but I didn't like Breaking Bad (gave up halfway through S2) so I doubt that will appeal.  I don't generally get on with contemporary American stuff, half the time I can't catch what they're saying.  :unsure:

I've got NOW TV at the moment, otherwise just Freeview stuff.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SSWDeathlistfan1996 said:

Try 13 Reasons why...loved that show despite some places in the show being hard to watch....

I don't currently have Netflix. 

57 minutes ago, Toast said:

Cheers, but I didn't like Breaking Bad (gave up halfway through S2) so I doubt that will appeal.  I don't generally get on with contemporary American stuff, half the time I can't catch what they're saying.  :unsure:

I've got NOW TV at the moment, otherwise just Freeview stuff.

"I don't generally get on with contemporary "

me neither  but I have exceptions

shameless (us version)

breaking bad and the Saul one

sopranos

Dallas (the old one) 

you can get Gunsmoke 600+ episodes on you tube its quite good, specially the early ones

Dallas ! :lol: I watched it when it was originally on.  And I guessed right who shot JR .

• Like 1

I was going to suggest Atlanta (this new comedy about rappers and racism - much better than I make it sound) but its been taken off Iplayer. As has Inside no 9. Boo to that.

Hmm, the original (and best) House of Cards 4-parter with Ian Richardsons on Iplayer too. As is Quatermass and the Pit, and all 13 episodes of Civilisation which is one of the all time great documentary series.