Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

17 minutes ago, Winfield said:

The Breaking Bad movie, "El Camino".

Any good? 

3 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Any good? 

It is - it's basically the story of what Jessie did next, but also ties up a couple of loose ends plot-wise from the series.

49 minutes ago, Winfield said:

It is - it's basically the story of what Jessie did next, but also ties up a couple of loose ends plot-wise from the series.

so Walter did die then

1 hour ago, Winfield said:

Cool. Watching it now. 

Once Upon a Time in London (Netflix). 100% Shit.

I've seen better school plays.

• Like 1

So BBC and ITV have finally launched the long touted BritBox.

By god is at fucking dissapointment, such a wasted opportunity. 

Spooks and Hustle are the most interesting full series.

For a project that was initially envisaged as a full archive of BBC and ITV catalogue, this is pretty shitty; no Casualty, no The Bill, no soap operas, none of the classic big event television, it's all a damp squib. Probably be a case of binging Spooks while it's on free trial and then cancelling it.

Could have been a treasure trove, turns out to be a few pieces of silver with the gold still locked away....

(I'm not holding out much hope of this being the way we finally get the complete Corrie archives at this rate....)

48 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

complete Corrie archives

Jeez Deathers, young as you are you'll be on the deathlist by the time you get through that.

And don't say you aren't famous enough, if you binge watched that amount you certainly would be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kinnock said:

So BBC and ITV have finally launched the long touted BritBox.

By god is at fucking dissapointment, such a wasted opportunity. 

Spooks and Hustle are the most interesting full series.

For a project that was initially envisaged as a full archive of BBC and ITV catalogue, this is pretty shitty; no Casualty, no The Bill, no soap operas, none of the classic big event television, it's all a damp squib. Probably be a case of binging Spooks while it's on free trial and then cancelling it.

Could have been a treasure trove, turns out to be a few pieces of silver with the gold still locked away....

(I'm not holding out much hope of this being the way we finally get the complete Corrie archives at this rate....)

All the episodes of classic Doctor Who will be on from Boxing Day.

48 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

All the episodes of classic Doctor Who will be on from Boxing Day.

Nice. Something that may be worth keeping it for.

Now Brookside / Coronation Street / EastEnders and Emmerdale please.....

• Like 1

I was looking forward to seeing the fabulous Rufus Sewell playing the lead in a murder mystery until I got to the last line of the article.

"The story has been adapted by BAFTA-nominated writer Sarah Phelps."

:rant:     :banghead:       :bat:    :2guns:

53 minutes ago, Toast said:

I was looking forward to seeing the fabulous Rufus Sewell playing the lead in a murder mystery until I got to the last line of the article.

"The story has been adapted by BAFTA-nominated writer Sarah Phelps."

:rant:     :banghead:       :bat:    :2guns:

On the bright side, you wont know whodunnit even if you've read the book a dozen times! :(

• Facepalm 1

Anybody watch Vikings?  I've just done the first series.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

I thought it started out awesome,  but it became rather soap operaish and I kinda lost interest.  I never did finish it,  if in fact it is over. But the first couple of seasons are worth it.

• Like 1

I might watch a bit more then.  S1 was OK, but I didn't really take to any of the characters and there's no depth to the story.

I had heard people say it was better than The Last Kingdom, but TLK is vastly superior imo - do try that if you haven't seen it.

I think Vikings is still on, but in its 6th and final series.  General consensus seems to be the first 3 series are OK but then it goes downhill.  Mind you, they upped it to 20 episodes after S3 so that was perhaps over-ambitious.

• Like 1

Dracula on Netflix is pretty good. Just ignore the 3rd part. 

I'm not usually one for trash telly but there's something to be said for Shopping With Kieth Lemon on ITV1 on a Saturday night.

Bloody hilarious.

The brilliant Sex Education is back for a second series.  I am rationing myself to one episode a day (fill in your own punchlines) ;)

It's the kind of show where just the expression on someone's face at a particular moment can have you laughing out loud. 

If you missed this, watch S1 first.  Only 8 episodes.  

On 11/01/2020 at 05:30, Skinny kiltrunner said:
On 11/01/2020 at 02:28, Toast said:

I thought it started out awesome,  but it became rather soap operaish and I kinda lost interest.  I never did finish it,  if in fact it is over. But the first couple of seasons are worth it.

I made it through to the end of S4.  S2 & 3 were good, and the first half of S4 then it started to tail off and most of the interesting characters have been killed off now

Spoiler

notably King Ecbert, brilliantly played by Linus Roache

so I am leaving it there. 

Hopefully the new series of The Last Kingdom will be here soon.

Also looking forward to new series of Endeavour, Fargo and Inside No. 9.

The Inside no 9 trailer looked quite good.

The Goes Wrong show on a Friday has been hilarious but I suspect its probably Marmite.

On 14/10/2019 at 09:11, time said:

Once Upon a Time in London (Netflix). 100% Shit.

I've seen better school plays.

Truer words have never been spo.... 
well maybe truer ones been said ance or twice.  But those are pretty damn true words right there.

So I finished Bojack Horseman, the final episodes just came out...

It was pretty good, though sometimes the nihilism is getting you down. That final batch of episodes was very funny, occasionally quite innovative (not often for a sixth season!), and in the end, an okay (sufficiently well done) ending. Can recommend.

Also we watched JoJo Rabbit... it was better than I thought (it was not exactly my first choice), but then not quite good enough for all those Oscars? Enjoyable though, and I simply like Scarlett Johannson and Sam Rockwell.

What else lately.... Uncut gems just yesterday... takes some focus to get into, to soak it all up. Worth it though, but don't watch it after a stressful day... Still, I thought Adam Sandler is not quite charismatic enough to pull it off perfectly, but,... almost.

They also have all the Studio Ghibli movies now on Netflix (most already, some still about to come). They got them all except for Grave of the Fireflies. That's going to be a good watch.

I am recording the current season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I am not really into American comedy but this one is fucking brilliant.