Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

53 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Andrea's easily fooled. Amanda's fate sealed when she turned on Theo.

I've read too many Miss Marple books to fall for the "I'm a harmless dotty old woman" act. Come the final she'll be voting out Wilf and going "give me the money, ya cunts!"

:lol:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, msc said:

I've read too many Miss Marple books to fall for the "I'm a harmless dotty old woman" act. Come the final she'll be voting out Wilf and going "give me the money, ya cunts!"

:lol:

What the show is, is truly a water cooler show.

If I still worked, it would be the talk of the office. Properly a new show with all the old school excitement for the next episode.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2022 at 22:04, YoungWillz said:

The Traitors

I thought you were talking about the Harry & Meghan documentaries.

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

I thought you were talking about the Harry & Meghan documentaries.

Yeah, I'm not involved in all that - I could care less about their family tiffs on either side.

He said, she said...all a bit Depp/Heard, that sort of thing - again, I couldn't give a jot.

Squabbles only die with you - don't carry the burden and never takes sides.

28 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yeah, I'm not involved in all that - I could care less about their family tiffs on either side

So you do care?

• Haha 1

Well this is all a bit of a mess right now innit 

• Like 1

Only just caught up on last night's Traitors.

All day long:

Maddy: it's a man.

Hannah: it's a man.

Meryl: it's a man.

Aaron: it's a man.

Wilf: it's a man.

Kieran: it's a man.

Roundtable:

Maddy: I'll vote for Meryl.

Hannah: I'll vote for Maddy.

Meryl: I'll vote for Maddy.

Aaron: I'll vote for Maddy.

Wilf: I'll vote for Maddy.

Kieran: I'll vote for Meryl.

I mean, how fucking stupid are they?! Not a single vote for a man. They don't deserve to win.

Reckon they'll get rid of Aaron and Kieran. Possibly Meryl too, but Wilf's going to walk away with at least 80k.

• Haha 3

I think inconsistency in behaviour is easily spotted and leapt upon as the behaviour of a traitor. When in fact it is the human condition.

The way to win it is to stay true to your course (and if possible contribute to the missions).

Imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

I think inconsistency in behaviour is easily spotted and leapt upon as the behaviour of a traitor. When in fact it is the human condition.

The way to win it is to stay true to your course (and if possible contribute to the missions).

Imo.

1. Don't be too obviously smart. Or a threat to the traitors. Or eccentric. Or lacking a fucking hand in one case!

2. Don't piss off too many folk too early.

3. If you can accidentally buddy up to a traitor early on, do so.

If Hannah turns round tonight and goes all Columbo reveal, I'll recant everything. :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, msc said:

If Hannah turns round tonight and goes all Columbo reveal, I'll recant everything. :lol:

Can you imagine?! Of some interest is that I don't think we've seen the clip that's been on the trailer all week yet of a distraught Hannah saying 'Why did he just do that?' so which of the boys does that refer to and for what reason?

I'm not sure how to win here. In Aaron's case, it's been 'be a prime suspect from Day 1 but be nice enough that enough people don't vote to get rid of you' (seriously - how is he still there?!). Hannah's been loud but wrong and a little bit suspicious (ideal from a traitor's perspective). Meryl has been slightly shady but never threatening to either traitor nor faithful and has proved useful in the missions, which probably got her the edge over Andrea in the last "murder". The other two have been traitors, and if the offer hadn't been in place, Wilf would have murdered Kieran instead of Andrea I think as he was getting too close.

It's been a tremendous series, proper social experiment stuff. I knew I was enjoying it, but I didn't realise until about halfway through just how much the rest of the country seemed to be too! Just wish Amanda was still there...

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Can you imagine?! Of some interest is that I don't think we've seen the clip that's been on the trailer all week yet of a distraught Hannah saying 'Why did he just do that?' so which of the boys does that refer to and for what reason?

I'm not sure how to win here. In Aaron's case, it's been 'be a prime suspect from Day 1 but be nice enough that enough people don't vote to get rid of you' (seriously - how is he still there?!). Hannah's been loud but wrong and a little bit suspicious (ideal from a traitor's perspective). Meryl has been slightly shady but never threatening to either traitor nor faithful and has proved useful in the missions, which probably got her the edge over Andrea in the last "murder". The other two have been traitors, and if the offer hadn't been in place, Wilf would have murdered Kieran instead of Andrea I think as he was getting too close.

It's been a tremendous series, proper social experiment stuff. I knew I was enjoying it, but I didn't realise until about halfway through just how much the rest of the country seemed to be too! Just wish Amanda was still there...

It took a while for the word of mouth to turn it from "hah this sounds rubbish" to "wait this is quite compulsive viewing". This not putting up on Iplayer all at once and making people wait, like in the old days, has really helped it too. (Line of Duty does the same incidentally, at the creators request.)

The clip you mention is probably in the trailer to look like she's found out about Wilf, so in editing trick standards, it's probably Aaron announcing he was faithful after being eliminated by the group for saying something utterly Aaron. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Here we goooooo......

Don't tell me anything about it.  I'm recording it and will catch up tomorrow after I finish work. 

• Like 1

Fucking loved that. Best game show I’ve ever seen, no contest. Already buzzing for the second series.

• Like 1

What an incredible finish! That was not what I saw going down but he was boxed into a corner by the scheming. Amazing finish, and great to see it could surprise right up to the finish. This has been brilliant telly, but I would like a reunion catch-up to clear the air, just for peace of mind.

Hope they don't change too much for series 2.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

What an incredible finish!

Spoiler

That was not what I saw going down.

This has been brilliant telly, but I would like a reunion catch-up to clear the air, just for peace of mind.

Hope they don't change too much for series 2.

Avoiding spoilers as requested above, yes to all of the above.

I haven't watched any of The Traitors, but I se its got favourable reviews. I might watch it on catch-up (like everything else I'm never going to watch on catch-up).

I have just had a month of free Paramount Plus streaming thanks to Walkers, during which I watched all 6 Mission Impossible films and Top Gun Maverick (and a few more besides, not all with Tom Cruise). Eighty Pence on a bag of Quavers money well spent.

Me and mom love doc Martin who bid farewell (only in the program as it ended) anyone else see that one? Won't give it away just in case but the special xmas episode is the best!

Also being a big fan of the plebs i gotta go on itvx later to find that new one not shown on telly :wub:

• Like 1

Anyone else a fan of "Upright"? Just finished season 2. Not as good as season 1 overall, but still gets there. A lot better than most of the stuff I've been watching.

Anyway seasons 1 & 2 are both available for streaming on Now TV (and presumably regular Sky channels) come highly recommended if you like Tim Minchin (or not).

Our Flag Means Death comes to BBC2 from tonight.

Very funny but might be a bit 'woke' for those that don't like that sort of thing

6 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Our Flag Means Death comes to BBC2 from tonight.

Very funny but might be a bit 'woke' for those that don't like that sort of thing

The trailers looked good, I might give it a go. The TV highlight for me this year has beenn The English which had an unpromising first episode but which turned out to be brilliant, not for the faint hearted though.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2023 at 20:05, Handrejka said:

The trailers looked good, I might give it a go. The TV highlight for me this year has beenn The English which had an unpromising first episode but which turned out to be brilliant, not for the faint hearted though.

I have a friend in US who is heavily invested in OFMD and has even written 100k fanfic on it. They love it.

For someone who is disabled with essential tremor that is quite something.

• Like 2

On 08/01/2023 at 23:59, ladyfiona said:

I have a friend in US who is heavily invested in OFMD and has even written 100k fanfic on it. They love it.

For someone who is disabled with essential tremor that is quite something.

Update - I need more of this show as I finished S1.

• Like 1