Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

On 21/01/2023 at 17:06, MortalCaso said:

It was a bit hard to follow as well. Couldn't keep track of who was dying

Bit like a war, then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, bit late to the party but watched the entirity of Bad Sisters this week, me and the Mrs both loved it - second series commissioned, and most of the main stars expected to reshow. 

KYNX76XYWVCFFMNP5CRUVO2P6M.jpg

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, bit late to the party but watched the entirity of Bad Sisters this week, me and the Mrs both loved it - second series commissioned, and most of the main stars expected to reshow. 

Thought it started and finished well but lost impetus in the middle episodes.

GAB & I have really enjoyed Shrinking on Apple Plus. Last episode of S1 dropped yesterday.

Taskmaster is back again and so all is right with the world.

• Like 1

I've been watching the first season of Sex Education. Not what I expected, and I doubt I'm the target audience, but fwiw, I quite enjoyed it.

Also, Succession is back!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, time said:

I've been watching the first season of Sex Education. Not what I expected, and I doubt I'm the target audience, but fwiw, I quite enjoyed it.

Love it. One of those shows that can switch from laugh-out-loud funny to poignant. 

How far have you got? Second series is good too, but S3 started to run out of steam a bit and they should probably have ended it there, but we'll see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toast said:

Love it. One of those shows that can switch from laugh-out-loud funny to poignant. 

How far have you got? Second series is good too, but S3 started to run out of steam a bit and they should probably have ended it there, but we'll see.

Only S1 so far. Its either S2 of this or Gangs of London S2 next, probably beginning this weekend.

9 hours ago, Toast said:

I still think S3 was brilliant, but I’m really not sure where they can go with the upcoming S4 without completely changing the feel of the show. Still, I trust the writers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time said:

Only S1 so far. Its either S2 of this or Gangs of London S2 next, probably beginning this weekend.

I literally cried with laughter at the final scene of S1.  Rest assured there are equally LOL moments in store! :lol:

1 hour ago, TQR said:

I still think S3 was brilliant, but I’m really not sure where they can go with the upcoming S4 without completely changing the feel of the show. Still, I trust the writers.

I did enjoy it, but felt it was starting to drift as you suggest.  I shall still watch as the characters are so engaging.

• Like 1

Been home alone and laid up with an injury today so I’ve binged a Netflix series that dropped a few years ago now but I’ve only just got round to it - The End of the F***ing World. Really enjoyed it. Alex Lawther plays a damn good quiet psychopath.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TQR said:

Been home alone and laid up with an injury today so I’ve binged a Netflix series that dropped a few years ago now but I’ve only just got round to it - The End of the F***ing World. Really enjoyed it. Alex Lawther plays a damn good quiet psychopath.

Channel 4 originally iirc. It's OK. Jonathan Aris (who I best know for comedies) was unnervingly good as a real life monster. 

Also, the ending of the actual series:

Spoiler

I love you, you love me, but we're both really screwed up from all those attempted murders, police issues and the serial rapist we survived, so we need to go have therapy and take things slowly

is unusually... realistic, especially for a show with a tenuous connection with reality!

33 minutes ago, TQR said:

Yes, I enjoyed that.  He was good in Black Mirror too (Shut Up And Dance)

• Like 2

Just watched The Last Kingdom: Seven Kings Must Die; ties up the Anglo-Saxon chronicles. No spoilers, pretty enjoyable and worth seeing if you've seen the previous series.

• Like 1

I found a place to watch Ted Lasso and so two weeks ago was binging that and now i'm up to date with the current episodes.

I'm now starting to rewatch Scrubs from S1.

30 minutes ago, time said:

Just watched The Last Kingdom: Seven Kings Must Die; ties up the Anglo-Saxon chronicles. No spoilers, pretty enjoyable and worth seeing if you've seen the previous series.

Thanks.  I love TLK but I don't have Netflix now.  I'll probably buy the DVD or bluray when it comes out.

We’ve just finished, and very much enjoyed, the 5-part ITV hospital drama Malpractice. Superb writing and, though I didn’t recognise many of the cast*, some superb performances too; Niamh Algar is class.

*James Purefoy is in it though, which is of course a treat.

I've just done Gangs of London S2. Preposterous nonsense, but enjoyable enough nonetheless.

Frankie Boyle’s Farewell To The Monarchy. Channel 4.

• Like 1

Meanwhile i've been watching Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story.

My personal Eurovision scores:

12 Ukraine (honestly, an absolute banger)

10 Austria

8 Germany

7 Finland 

6 Moldova

5 Belgium

4 Australia

3 Norway

2 United Kingdom

1 France

• Like 1

Who on earth is that commenting?  She’s a pain in the arse. 

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Who on earth is that commenting?  She’s a pain in the arse. 

Mel Giedroyc, Sue Perkins old comedy partner who was one of the Bake Off regulars. Does a lot of TV but not someone whose schtick appeals to me.

• Like 1

After clicking on 10 different shows and giving them a chance (20 minutes), they were all definite NOs.  In my desperation to find something new I then discovered Fauda.  
Israel…Palestine…you get the idea.  Excellent show, recommended.

IMG_6722.jpeg

I watched  gay dating show I kissed a boy- and I liked it!

I especially recommend  it to any of the many gay posters on here if they haven't already watched it.

The whole series is on BBC  Iplayer and definitely rather different to Love Island. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I watched  gay dating show I kissed a boy- and I liked it!

I especially recommend  it to any of the many gay posters on here if they haven't already watched it.

The whole series is on BBC  Iplayer and definitely rather different to Love Island. 

Oh hi, I’m gay and I think Love Island is one of the worst things humanity has ever been responsible for. In what way, other than the obvious, is this one different?

• Like 1