Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

I'm more annoyed that it used to take 30 mins, and they now stretch it to an hour to ask the same number of questions. I don't give a toss if Dan from Bromley once met Peter Ustinov, I only want him to not know the capital of Qatar and crash out in Round 1 swiftly as possible.

• Like 4

In Norway we have Fjørdens Cowboys. Too bad it does not have English subtitles.

Basically it is about the working and singing career of a man from Hardanger Fjørd,

(Leif) Lotepus. Beautiful scenery, family life, cultural life in this part of Norway. Not politically correct.

Smoking, swearing, drinking. Adventures. Much better than my description here.   

From Alaska: Gold Divers is interesting and strangely compelling. A way of life no many have been aware of.

• Like 1

Well, still to watch but mate said re woman's wrestling thing GLOW "10 mins in for first casual use if the phrase 'cunt punches'..." so downloading first episode tomorrow...

I forgot to mention Norway´s success program: SKAM. (This means shame and is about a group of high school students in Norway.) It takes up various themes of interest: immigration, gender issues, mental health. It may sound common, but it is actually Excellent. The same writers are now adapting it to American TV watchers. It will be called SHAME. After several seasons it is now ending in Norway. It has been shown in other Scandinavian countries. It canbeseen on Netflicks I believe. 

Just order the first series of Heartbeat. Evenings sorted for a few weeks once that comes through. 

Heartbeat?  

wut.gif

I'd rather flatline Y5UOb.png

• Like 2

Three weeks to the next series of Game Of Thrones.

I won't say "I can't wait" (that would be silly, because there is no option but to wait), but I will say that I have a keen sense of anticipation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, charon said:

I'd rather flatline Y5UOb.png

That must be one of the worst jokes made on this forum ever....

It might not be the height of televisual brilliance, but it's good fun to watch, t I always used to watch it with my parents on a Sunday night as a kid and haven't seen the early series bar the odd repeated episode so thought why not?

Because its shite. The All Creatures of the last generation.

• Like 1

Rip deathrays heterosexuality respects.gif

57 minutes ago, charon said:

Rip deathrays heterosexuality respects.gif

You're about ten years late to that funeral....

• Like 2

I for one am surprised. Had you nailed down as asexual. Fair play, I assume your God will forgive you. Unless the Fiery Sword kind. Then you're fucked.

Banane56.gif

On 2017-6-24 at 16:05, Deathray said:

That must be one of the worst jokes made on this forum ever....

It might not be the height of televisual brilliance, but it's good fun to watch, t I always used to watch it with my parents on a Sunday night as a kid and haven't seen the early series bar the odd repeated episode so thought why not?

Once on Holiday we ended up in Goathland where it is filmed. Chucked it down wuth rain and had to listen to old ladies whittle on about how brilliant it was whilst keeping dry in a bus shelter. I didn't have the heart to give them the benefit of my opinion on the matter. 

More Charon than Deathray. 

• Like 1

Never watched Heartbeat.

26 minutes ago, msc said:

Never watched Heartbeat.

Not to be recommended it completely fails to evoke its time period and contains potentially toxic amounts of Nick Berry.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, msc said:

Never watched Heartbeat.

It's historically inconsistent and extremely twee, but it's good nonetheless.

I've never actually watched an episode with full attention, but have been in the room when it's on.  Visits with the old folks.

I always had the impression that the music was shoehorned in without any thought.  It never seemed to have any connection with what was going on.

"Ah, here's a good old 60s track.  I like this one.  Let's shove it in."

• Like 2

However now we have got rid of most of the Last of the Summer Wine cast it is good for old actor spotting. Bill Maynard back for 2018?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Toast said:

I've never actually watched an episode with full attention, but have been in the room when it's on.  Visits with the old folks.

I always had the impression that the music was shoehorned in without any thought.  It never seemed to have any connection with what was going on.

"Ah, here's a good old 60s track.  I like this one.  Let's shove it in."

Never forget that in 2004 Nick Drake's Five Leaves Left was reissued with a "FEATURING FRUIT TREE - AS HEARD ON ITV'S HEARTBEAT!" sticker.

On 23.6.2017 at 20:16, theoldlady said:

In Norway we have Fjørdens Cowboys. Too bad it does not have English subtitles.

Basically it is about the working and singing career of a man from Hardanger Fjørd,

(Leif) Lotepus. Beautiful scenery, family life, cultural life in this part of Norway. Not politically correct.

Smoking, swearing, drinking. Adventures. Much better than my description here.   

From Alaska: Gold Divers is interesting and strangely compelling. A way of life no many have been aware of.

Hardanger fjord. That must be where my favourite Instrument comes from.

All 10 episodes of GLOW dumped in a oner, but only watched the first. Will keep the wrestling fans happy (which I'm not one of), pretty good so far. All early 80s big hair/cock rock and cunt punches. Yaaay.

19 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Haha! There were rumours of that before. Because "there are lots of songs we still haven't used". So you'll get a cash grab sequel with ABBA b-sides.

I'll probably watch it.

• Like 1

Game Of Thrones is back, squeeeeeeeeeeeee 

drinking-wine-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 3