Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

Guest Guest

I don't have a telly :) , but I saw this was broadcast last night..

Fuckin Hell, what a bunch o' cocksockets.

Yet on another level, I can almost admire their offensiveness , something I can only aspire too......

I too was fascinated by that.The message I got from it was 'vote for us or we'll set our vicious bulldog on you and rip you to bits'. It's not working on me yet though.. :mellow:

I don't have a telly :) , but I saw this was broadcast last night..

Fuckin Hell, what a bunch o' cocksockets.

Yet on another level, I can almost admire their offensiveness , something I can only aspire too......

I too was fascinated by that.The message I got from it was 'vote for us or we'll set our vicious bulldog on you and rip you to bits'. It's not working on me yet though.. :mellow:

I thought it was a Pythonesque parody. Maybe a deleted scene from Meaning of Life.
  • Like 1

I thought the "censored" broadcast was fucking hilarious.

• Like 1

Anyone watch Billy Connoly's big send off?

Yes. I did.

Yes. I did.

Me too.

Yes. I did.

Me too.

Sounds like it was a really shocking, debate-provoking show then! I'll have to catch up with that one!

I thought the "censored" broadcast was fucking hilarious.

Yes that had a lot of comedy value.

As for the one charon posted....... I really don't even know where to start with that. Jesus. I just sat there like a deer in the headlights.

That song has to be one of the most disturbing things I've ever heard. Can't believe someone said it sounded like Monty Python. No fucking way. Not even Chris Morris would have come up with something like that. I guess one of my main thoughts during the video apart from "what... the.. hell", was me hoping that it wasn't actually a girl singing that song, just a really high-pitched voice adult woman.

But my primary thought was "wow, thanks for making those few of us who dare to have a (legitimate) complaint about Islamic radicalism in our country or even acknowledge it exists, look like a bunch of fat lazy eyed racists who sing disturbing freaky Hitler-on-a-bad-acid-trip songs and want to deport all the black people to where they came from, etc."

Fat weird bastard. He must be a plant.

Been watching the Fargo miniseries on FX. It's better than the film.

Been watching the Fargo miniseries on FX. It's better than the film.

Most things are.

*dodges heavy thrown objects*

I've been watching 'DIY SOS' with Nick Knowles. If I can endure that, then when I'm in Hell, Lucifer and all his demons hold no fear for me.

I've been watching 'DIY SOS' with Nick Knowles. If I can endure that, then when I'm in Hell, Lucifer and all his demons hold no fear for me.

Have you tried enduring the, er... "banter" between Richard Osman and Alexander Armstrong on Pointless? Come back and try and tell me you're a hard case after that. (Don't worry I'll have some tissues ready for you.)

Have you tried enduring the, er... "banter" between Richard Osman and Alexander Armstrong on Pointless? Come back and try and tell me you're a hard case after that. (Don't worry I'll have some tissues ready for you.)

Richard and Alexander are tea-time gods and should not be dissed.

Speak quietly you never know who might be listening.

Oh come on you don't even find Osman just a little bit cheesy? I mean I realise he kind of "knows" he's being cheesy in a way but it's still incredibly annoying. I know you like Eurovision so you either have a massive resistance/tolerance to cheese or an outright fetish for it. Whatever..... :scratchhead::rolleyes:

Guest Pollaponk Fan Club

Oh come on you don't even find Osman just a little bit cheesy? I mean I realise he kind of "knows" he's being cheesy in a way but it's still incredibly annoying. I know you like Eurovision so you either have a massive resistance/tolerance to cheese or an outright fetish for it. Whatever..... :scratchhead::rolleyes:

What's not to like about Eurovision, wouldn't you bang Conchita. I guess a twunt like you would suck her off more likely but whatevs.

Yes they know they are being cheesy but they are also being very slightly (in a BBC sort of way) subversive. Watching AA trying to keep a straight face when a contestant gives a really stupid answer is just priceless.

I do have a high tolerance for a lot of things but there are somethings that I have a very low tolerance for:

• Jazz
  • Jack Nicolson
  • Jim Davison
  • The X Factor
  • Ricky Gervais
  • Holly Willoughby
  • Catchphrase
  • Ridley Scott Films

There are probably more but I do not want to vent my bile at lunchtime.

• Like 1

Yes they know they are being cheesy but they are also being very slightly (in a BBC sort of way) subversive. Watching AA trying to keep a straight face when a contestant gives a really stupid answer is just priceless.

I do have a high tolerance for a lot of things but there are somethings that I have a very low tolerance for:

• Jazz
  • Jack Nicolson
  • Jim Davison
  • The X Factor
  • Ricky Gervais
  • Holly Willoughby
  • Catchphrase
  • Ridley Scott Films

There are probably more but I do not want to vent my bile at lunchtime.

For me it's

• The crap F1 commentators talk
  • The crap football commentators talk
  • The crap Richard Osman talks
  • The crap BBC journalists talk when trying to sound funny by inserting little bits of dry "humour" in their reports (and just their annoying plummy tone of voice)
  • Question Time
  • The crap that passes for music these days
  • The crap that movie reviewers talk when trying to make Generic Comic Book Movie #45237 sound like a masterpiece.
  • Leonardo DiCaprio
  • People gawping at their phones like fucking zombies, in an everyday scene that proves that surely some kind of outright collapse of civilization on a scale that even the reality-hating retards on the TV will find undeniable is imminent within less than 30 months.... if not 30 weeks.
  • Simon Cowell
  • BBC3
  • Sky News
  • Tony Scott films
  • Guardian columnists
  • People who think Ed Miliband isn't a robot
  • Richard Hammond
  • The Sky Sports F1 channel
  • The absolute crap that F1 commentators talk (this had to be listed twice)
  • The absolute crap that F1 commentators talk
  • The absolute crap that F1 commentat

Oh yeah whoops I forgot to add

• Mark Kermode

• People who think Ed Miliband isn't a robot

That is quite harsh on those robot scientists. If someone delivered me a robot that looked like that I would demand my money back.

Oh I forgot

Nigel Farage

David Cameron/Geroge Osbourne/Michael Gove/Jeremy Hunt/Owen Patterson

(I had to put them all on the same line so no-one thinks I hate one more than the other.

I forgot two others.

• When you hear a bit of thunder overhead and you think "Great, we're gonna get a huge storm here" then it pisses off very quickly and you just end up with a bunch of rain. (I love thunder/lightning).
  • Not having enough money to buy all the vodka I want.

Ok that's enough ranting I think.

I forgot two others.

• When you hear a bit of thunder overhead and you think "Great, we're gonna get a huge storm here" then it pisses off very quickly and you just end up with a bunch of rain. (I love thunder/lightning).

In order to atone for going off topic here I will post a list of things i like in Room Lovely look you. In the near future. I do not want to define myself be negative associations.

• Like 1

I forgot two others.

In order to atone for going off topic here I will post a list of things i like in Room Lovely look you. In the near future. I do not want to define myself be negative associations.

Good for you. Yes I probably went a bit over the top this is supposed to be a TV thread after all. I have no problem with being associated with negative opinions however.

• Like 1

So did anyone watch Vote 2014 (BBC) or Decision Time (Sky) on Thursday night, the level of UKIP pandering was truly laughable. But the lack of coverage of the Greens in the media in the run up to these elections is much more worrying.

If you purely watched the news you'd think it was UKIP who actually controlled a council rather than the Greens out of the two.

• Like 1

So did anyone watch Vote 2014 (BBC) or Decision Time (Sky) on Thursday night, the level of UKIP pandering was truly laughable. But the lack of coverage of the Greens in the media in the run up to these elections is much more worrying.

If you purely watched the news you'd think it was UKIP who actually controlled a council rather than the Greens out of the two.

Yeah, damn you'd think they'd somehow overtaken the Lib Dems as the third-most popular party in Britain or something.....

As for the Greens they might be more palatable to TV viewers if they'd just.......... no wait, why am I gonna say that?

Anyway, I heard a funny "Freudian" slip (for lack of a better term) from Caroline Lucas the other night on Newsnight, who was speaking from a remote studio, when she was talking about the subject of fracking in the UK , usually Snoozenight puts me to sleep in an instant but for once this was faintly interesting. I just caught something she said which made me laugh out loud - they were talking about whether fracking in the UK would ease energy prices, and the very last line she said before they handed back to Grant Shapps (or some other generic Tory twat I've got him mixed up with), it was "No, even the most ardent supporters of fracking admit it wouldn't actually make a difference to energy prices. It's obvious that if you want higher energy prices you have go down the renewables route."

I'm fairly sure she meant to say lower.........

I wonder if she realised what she said....... but we couldn't see her face they were just showing Shapps and Paxo.

Yeah, damn you'd think they'd somehow overtaken the Lib Dems as the third-most popular party in Britain or something.....

As for the Greens they might be more palatable to TV viewers if they'd just.......... no wait, why am I gonna say that?

Anyway, I heard a funny "Freudian" slip (for lack of a better term) from Caroline Lucas the other night on Newsnight, who was speaking from a remote studio, when she was talking about the subject of fracking in the UK , usually Snoozenight puts me to sleep in an instant but for once this was faintly interesting. I just caught something she said which made me laugh out loud - they were talking about whether fracking in the UK would ease energy prices, and the very last line she said before they handed back to Grant Shapps (or some other generic Tory twat I've got him mixed up with), it was "No, even the most ardent supporters of fracking admit it wouldn't actually make a difference to energy prices. It's obvious that if you want higher energy prices you have go down the renewables route."

I'm fairly sure she meant to say lower.........

I wonder if she realised what she said....... but we couldn't see her face they were just showing Shapps and Paxo.

Funnily enough I was also watching that (flicked over from Vote 2014 iirc), the other guy wasn't a generic tory twat but a businessman with a vested interest in promoting the desolation of the British countryside and long-term higher energy prices. His name's Andrew Austin, Chief Executive of IGas.

And yes I did have to go back to Newsnight on iplayer and check his name.

• Like 1