Banshees Scream

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

Did anyone watch the recent series on BBC4 about The Crusades.....?

Was that new or what? It was most fascinating either way, guv. Although I thought it ran out of steam a bit in the last episode.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

I think I know what we'll all be watching for the next month or so starting on thursday..!

I think I know what we'll all be watching for the next month or so starting on thursday..!

Question Time? You sad git.

• Like 1

Anything but the world cup.

ITVBe

Peter Andre & The Only Way Is Essex

Does the 'Be' stand for bollocks?

ITVBe

Peter Andre & The Only Way Is Essex

Does the 'Be' stand for bollocks?

Digital TV and its ever increasing stations that broadcast 99% shite.

Bring back analogue TV, 5 stations was adequate.

• Like 2

Doctor Who on Saturday demonstrated its Deathlisting credentials with a monologue from Peter Capaldi that went something like this:

"There are any number of reasons why that old lady died, old ladies are always dying. Its what they do. Its almost part of the job description".

Doctor Who managed to top the above quote with the following on Saturday night:

Danny is dead and is in the afterlife when a representative hands him an ipad:

Danny: You have ipads in the afterlife

Rep: We've got Steve Jobs

Whilst I realise that we don't want to get into the pot/kettle debate here I thought that was a bit low for a family show.

I am not going to mention the other events of the episode and would hope everyone else refrains from doing so.

wibble wibble

Whilst I realise that we don't want to get into the pot/kettle debate here I thought that was a bit low for a family show.

I am not going to mention the other events of the episode and would hope everyone else refrains from doing so.

wibble wibble

It's funny, but how times have changed at the BBC. Once they were so strict on advertising that things like this happened

The original song [Lola] recorded in stereo had the word "Coca-Cola" in the lyrics, but because of BBC Radio's policy against product placement, Ray Davies was forced to make a six thousand mile round-trip flight from New York to London and back—interrupting the band's American tour—to change those words to the generic "cherry cola" for the single release.

wibble wibble

It's funny, but how times have changed at the BBC. Once they were so strict on advertising that things like this happened

The original song [Lola] recorded in stereo had the word "Coca-Cola" in the lyrics, but because of BBC Radio's policy against product placement, Ray Davies was forced to make a six thousand mile round-trip flight from New York to London and back—interrupting the band's American tour—to change those words to the generic "cherry cola" for the single release.

Product placement doesn't bother me. My wife sat through the whole of I, Robot and failed to notice any of the blatent product placement. It makes you wonder why they spend their money.

I meant to say that I've been enjoying Detectorists on BBC4. Really funny. Last episode this week, hope there's another series.

• Like 1

I meant to say that I've been enjoying Detectorists on BBC4. Really funny. Last episode this week, hope there's another series.

Me too.

A one-off (but worth catching the inevitable repeat), the BBC Four documentary last night about The Amazing Randi (i.e. the magician who is also well known for his well targeted and highly effective debunking of claims of paranormal powers) was way better than I expected, also an insight into the fight of his boyfriend to stay in the USA and Randi's own motivation.

Did anyone see HIGNFY? That nameless bird who plays Philomena Crunk on Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe was sat next to Ian Hislop. Just when she thought she couldn't possibly have a more degrading gig on a show that has more completely run its course!

Been watching the mockumentary series Review,it is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I would put it up there with 90's era Simpsons or Trailer Park Boys

Lately, I've been a fan of Modern Family.

I've also been watching That '70s Show.

New Game of Thrones. The first four episodes of the new season have leaked. Should I watch them right away and then wait five weeks for the next one, or should I watch them week by week? I guess I'll watch the first one tomorrow and then see...

Aye saw that this morning, but I'll resist as there is meant to be reshooting in the offing anyroads, so plotlines will change.

Caught my Dad watching Atlantis this evening. He's had a severe talking to and sent to watch something on satellite. Something better. Like ANYTHING.

• Like 2

Caught my Dad watching Atlantis this evening. He's had a severe talking to and sent to watch something on satellite. Something better. Like ANYTHING.

Even my mum won't watch that and she loves all that shit.

• Like 1

The first series was a lot better.

For the most part I reckon TV over-rated and repetitive. But I'm genuinely looking forward to Happy Valley on BBC One tonight which was - kind of - gritty and northern in the first two episodes but promises (supposedly) to get really dark in the opening moments. The only two dramas I've watched avidly throughout are Breaking Bad and Shamless. Though the second of those had some desperate plot twists that did it no long-term favours. I'm hoping Happy Valley delivers on similarly dark depths, or summat.

The best thing on television by a mile are the pithy descriptions of BBC Four shows availible with the i button on Freeview.

if you liked Happy Valley I'd suggest digging out Line of Duty on boxset - both series; it's imho the best BBC show since Spooks.

The first series was a lot better.

Because we had enjoyed Merlin awaited Atlantis quite eagerly. We only managed to make it through four episodes before giving up.

I watched one and a half series of 'Breaking Bad' recently. I was bored shitless. What do people see in it? Apart from the photography which is wonderful.

• Like 1