VSBfromH

Not Really Famous, But What A Moniker!

Years ago on London Regional news they interviewed an American Military Commander called Edmund Looney.

Another time they did an interview with a Dick Head.

Quality.

My friend went on holiday and met a man called Sterling McFaff. And there is a baby in the next town called Russell Sprout, and that is true.

This bloke, a Captain in the Leicestershire Regiment who died in 1917, apparently has the longest name of all those commemorated by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. Don't think it's all on his headstone though!

Léone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudati-filius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache

This bloke, a Captain in the Leicestershire Regiment who died in 1917, apparently has the longest name of all those commemorated by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. Don't think it's all on his headstone though!

Léone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudati-filius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache

Or Sexy Plant to his mates.

Neither are deathlist material, but I have to mention two cricketers. The 19th century English batsman of possible Scottish-Jewish ancestry Israel Haggis, and the teenaged Indian batsman Napoleon Einstein; I'm guessing his relatives have no theory of hubris.

Even his initials are longer than some names... LSDOFFTTdeOPTT.

LSD for short.

When I worked for IBM, I used to have a boss in the US called Ozzy Osbourne!

I bet that everyone in the known universe with the surname Osbourne has at one time or another in their lives been called Ozzy!

I'm still wondering what posessed Mr and Mrs Hiscock to call their kid Rex. I get to see a lot of silly names in my job, but that's the one that baffles me most.

I'm still wondering what posessed Mr and Mrs Hiscock to call their kid Rex. I get to see a lot of silly names in my job, but that's the one that baffles me most.

Oh, the possibilities with that. Jack? Paul? Phil? Handel? Sean (as in Sean Bean)?

Or Hiscock, Justin?

Oh, the possibilities with that. Jack? Paul? Phil? Handel? Sean (as in Sean Bean)?

Or Hiscock, Justin?

Or simply anything with an initial C.

Or Hiscock, Justin?

Or simply anything with an initial C.

As in... C. Heimlich Hiscock.

Ali Alatas alliterative gobful, obit-worthy and, ironically, only discovered on the DL when dead.

Stage name or not, you've gotta have a chuckle at Richard Cheese.

John Cleese's surname was originally Cheese before his father changed it...

Two names from work that I'll always cherish are Phat Phuc and Hye Suk Dickie. No joke, real names.

Two names from work that I'll always cherish are Phat Phuc and Hye Suk Dickie. No joke, real names.

I've told you before, Phat Phuc isn't my real name, it's just what everyone calls me.