VSBfromH

Not Really Famous, But What A Moniker!

What kind of beaver can't swim?  Lynne Bever

A 60-year-old woman has died in northern Michigan after her snowmobile broke through ice on a lake.

The Alpena News reports that police and other rescuers were able to reach Lynne Bever but couldn’t immediately pull her from Long Lake in Alpena County. She was pronounced dead at a hospital Friday.

The cause of death was drowning.

(Note: Michigan sees at least one of these per year, dumbasses go out there too early or too late.  But to be fair, it's early January, that ice shoulda been solid -- granted I don't know the weather Alpena, MI has been having).
SC

Step forward Ms I Tugwell...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 00:28, YoungWillz said:

Death notice for the former Deputy Lieutenant and High Sheriff of Dorset aged 89. His name was Henry Plunkett-Ernle-Earl-Drax. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetimes-uk/obituary.aspx?n=henry-walter-plunkett-ernle-erle-drax&pid=186009497

Now the missus Pamela Rose, etc etc etc has gone: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/231575/plunkett-ernle-erle-drax

Nobody mentioned the death on Feb 6th of Dutch etymologist Dick Blok. Because despite being clearly a learned old gent in his field, neither would I if not for his name.

. In 1960 he earned his doctorate cum laude at the same university under J.F. Niermeyer with a thesis titled Een diplomatisch onderzoek van de oudste particuliere oorkonden van Werden.[4] Blok had a long teaching career at the University of Amsterdam on the topic of settlement history related to the onomastics of place names, first a teaching assignment from 1967 to 1976, and subsequently as extraordinary lector (1976–1980), extraordinary professor (1980–1986) and finally as full professor from 1986 to 1990, when he took up emeritus status

Onomastics was new to me.

Stay for the smut and accidentally learn something...

• Like 1

Melanie Schmuck, who co-owns a house shaped like a shoe, has walked up to heaven.  I'm guessing she bought the residence from an older lady with a large herd of children after being convinced it was a step up from her then dwelling.  Perhaps her surname was a foreshadow to her gullibility.     

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2019/03/01/haines-shoe-house-co-owner-melanie-schmuck-has-died-route-30-york-county/3029591002/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Soprano Charity Sunshine Tillemanns-Dick. Double lung transplant recipient and it still wasn't enough:

https://slippedisc.com/2019/04/sad-death-of-a-lung-transplant-soprano-36/

NOOOOOOOooooooo NOOOoooooo dammit to hell.
Been tracking her for 5 years.  FUCK.  Really really thought next year.  But -- I shoulda known... 3-4 years on a double is about all you get.  This was year 3.5  SHIT

Plus, wrong thread -- she actually was rather famous.
SC

On 25/04/2019 at 01:21, Sir Creep said:

NOOOOOOOooooooo NOOOoooooo dammit to hell.
Been tracking her for 5 years.  FUCK.  Really really thought next year.  But -- I shoulda known... 3-4 years on a double is about all you get.  This was year 3.5  SHIT

Plus, wrong thread -- she actually was rather famous.
SC

You were right, the BBC obit surprised me. 

At least the name is still a level above them all.

Mona Lisa dead at 97.

• Like 1

Former member of South Dakota Senate, Kermit Staggersdead at 72.

848051711_source(1).gif.5c7e372dc5f5d56b28978cbe232b2f6f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’s not so easy being green... 

Muppets have made too many names impossible to take seriously, like Kermit, Elmo, and Grover. And my plans to name my first born child Cookie Monster were derailed because now people can only think of hungry blue creatures when they see that name.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

Muppets have made too many names impossible to take seriously, like Kermit, Elmo, and Grover. And my plans to name my first born child Cookie Monster were derailed because now people can only think of hungry blue creatures when they see that name.

I think you could still get away with Elmo, but Kermit is just a weird name anyway.  <goes to look it up>

From a Manx surname, a variant of the Irish surname MacDermott meaning "son of DIARMAID".

https://www.behindthename.com/name/kermit

14 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Former member of South Dakota Senate, Kermit Staggersdead at 72.

By definition your post is misplaced.  That qualifies as fame quite handily.

I know it's been posted already, but Izzy Slapawitz!  It had to go here too, if only for posterity. I can't be the only one who giggled a bit.

giphy.gif

My 2nd great Uncle was called Wildfield Flowers, not exactly that comical but certainly an unusual one.

• Like 1

Gotta look at the photo first.
Gerald-Jerry-R-Sargent-2020.jpg

Gerald “Jerry” R. Sargent, 84, of Franklin, died on March 6, 2020. He was a graduate of the NH Police Academy.  He was a former police officer in Bristol, Plymouth, and Laconia and lastly a member of the NH State Police. 

However.....and much to our chagrin, he was never a Sergeant.   I guess hoping for Sergeant Sargent was simply too much. 

SC

• Confused 1

I met this guy many years ago, not a name you forget...

Father Beaumont Brandie?  Sounds straight out of Father Ted.