Guest LisaB

Dead Losses (2003)

Guest LisaB

isn't John Ritter on your list? Just curious. L.B.

The idea of Deathlist is to predict deaths in the forthcoming calendar year. The list is drawn up on 31 December and nobody is added until the new list is drawn up for the on the next 31 December. Mr Ritter was just too much of a challenge for the DeathList committee :P . We're not sure many people could have predicted his death back in Dec 2002 although we're open to suggestions for 2004!

Thanks for your interest

DeathList Committee

Guest bobsfullhouse

I believe that Bob had some sorta a throat scare? But the fact he appeared on "Who's coming to dinner" with Anne Robinson without a chemotherapy wig seemed to indicate that he was in fairly good shape- transmission schedules permitting? Bobs a great comedian and I don't think he will be a contender for the 2004 list at this rate.

Good point Our Sole - "incurable" and "cancer" are always very good friends of the DeathList.

The fact that Monkhouse appears to have recovered from the trauma of having his little book of jokes stolen a few years ago isnt a good sign though.

We are inclined to side with Bobsfullhouse's opinion at this stage but will keep a watching eye on Bob.

Guest Arnold

Alan Bates has cancer. His agent won't say where it is but that he is "doing well". Decent bet for next year?

Excellent stuff - does his agent know of anyone else?

Guest Arnold

Alas, he's been all together too eager and jumped the starting pistol.

Unlucky Arnold - nice tip though.

The late December deaths are always bad news B)

Oops I'll take back all I said !

News just in that Bob has had his last Full House. Obviously his appearance with Anne Robinson made him look better than was the case.

Guest Wheels

When will the 2004 list be available??

Wheels

Assuming everything goes to plan 2004 list should be available just after midnight on 1 Jan (ie as soon as the new year starts).

Guest Guest

well looks like you can scratch bob take bob monkhouse off the 2004 list he didnt make it. bbc news reporting his death today

So after the careful consideration of Ian Huntley, Ma><ine Carr and Ian Brady its good ol' British serial killer Harold Shipman who ends up dead in his cell.

So near and yet so far!

I was about to post something to that effect.. Has he ever been considered for Deathlist inclusion?

Maybe we need a brainstorming on well-known prisoners serving life sentences. Isn't Rose West alive?

Rose West

Wasn't there some talk about her having a lesbian relationship in prison? If she was, and thats my memory, she's probably fairly comfortable. Although, there is the possibility they might split up and she might either: take revenge or murder her.

The news archives confirm that she was on suicide watch for a while. Although, this would be perfectly normal for a recently sentenced, category A prisoner. Not sure if she would still be on those regular hourly checks that Shipman enjoyed - Note to self: start the hanging process after the 5am check has been completed. Time left to kill yourself: 55minutes. Should just about be ok. Perhaps the prison service will be on their guard for the foreseeable.

She is also trying to get an appeal. I reckon that will keep her going for some time. Her lawyer stated: "An application to review the case has been made on the basis that she didn't get a fair trial for a number of reasons, which I am not going to go into."

I would file under: long term possibility; with urgent review, upon appeal failure

Guest Matt Haslett

Bugger! Thanks to Harold Shipman's suicide and cock-up by his warders, it's going to make it very difficult for Ian Huntley to kill himself now, as he will be on constant suicide watch. Give him a rope and let him swing I say......

Well Matt maybe youre right - but as we didnt choose Huntely for this year's list maybe its a good thing.

It might be a year or so before the prison guards turn a blind eye to a group of convicts wandering Huntley's way with a couple of broom handles! :)

Guest Guest

bob monkhouse died on my birthday last yr :(

:old:

:(

And you remember this because he normally sent you a card? But thanks for possibly the most pointless and inane comment for a while........

Er, this thread is for those who died BEFORE 2004 began.

PS What's a shook ?