Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid Harry

Suicide By Chainsaw

This takes determination.

David Phyall, 50, used string to tie the Black & Decker power tool to a leg of a snooker table in his sitting room.

He then taped up the on button and plugged it into a timer, Winchester Coroner's Court was told.

Mr Phyall, who had had a small amount to drink but had not taken any drugs, then lay face up under the snooker table and put the chainsaw against his neck.

He used a piece of the tool's cardboard box to cushion the blades from his neck and then set the timer - usually used to turn lights on and off - to start up the chainsaw for 15 minutes.

When it started, it sliced three-quarters through his neck and into his right shoulder, only stopping when his T-shirt was dragged into the blades.

Mr Phyall's elderly parents, John and Jean Phyall, raised the alarm on July 5, when they could not get in touch with their son in his ground floor housing association flat in Bishopstoke.

More at link, above.

Think Black and Decker will want his endorsement?

Do we know for a fact it was a Black and Decker?

There's got to be easier, less painful ways to go - I favour the 'climb up a very cold mountain wearing not very many clothes' option - I figure you would soon pass out from cold and then away you go, off into the chilly arms of the Reaper, all very quick, clean and easy. And so much nicer for those that find you, just imagine the mess the poor buggers who found chain-saw guy had to contend with.

Do we know for a fact it was a Black and Decker?

It's in the article, that's why I made the comment I did. Stuck me as odd and unnecessary to point out the brand.

No publicity is bad publicity.

No publicity is bad publicity.

If that was true, why did they change the title of the Texas Workmate Massacre?

Perhaps they wouldn't cough up for the "product placement". :rolleyes:

A suicide rarely seen before. A Paris woman died offing herself with a... chainsaw.

The 65-year old woman barricaded her door, taped a chainsaw to a stool and went for it.

Her neighbours complained about the noise the saw made. Police who entered her apartment and encountered the bloody spectacle.

At least she left a suicide note. Apparently she tried to commit suicide before.

• Like 1

A suicide rarely seen before. A Paris woman died offing herself with a... chainsaw.

The 65-year old woman barricaded her door, taped a chainsaw to a stool and went for it.

Her neighbours complained about the noise the saw made. Police who entered her apartment and encountered the bloody spectacle.

At least she left a suicide note. Apparently she tried to commit suicide before.

You should've posted this as the second entry in eight years in the Suicide by Chainsaw thread. :P

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/6927-suicide-by-chainsaw/

• Like 3

You should've posted this as the second entry in eight years in the Suicide by Chainsaw thread. :P

There are numerous chainsaw accidents in UK as this EU paper http://www.adam-europe.eu/prj/5126/prd/14/2/UK%20chainsaw%20accident%20review.pdf .If more people knew they did this sort of thing then we might not be facing Brexit.

• Like 1

There are numerous chainsaw accidents in UK as this EU paper http://www.adam-europe.eu/prj/5126/prd/14/2/UK%20chainsaw%20accident%20review.pdf .If more people knew they did this sort of thing then we might not be facing Brexit.

My memory refreshes after 7 years... And hopper penguin, this was no accident.. Edited by DevonDeathTrip
Posts moved

There was a topic for this??!

(How am I surprised by that?)

• Like 2

My memory refreshes after 7 years... And hopper penguin, this was no accident..

I was being ironic.

Get me a chainsaw. Or napalm my village. They Village Council have just emailed around an invite for a 'getting together' and show our local strength against covid 'get together' in the village hall. Shoot me.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1