Anubis the Jackal

Christopher Lee

Veteran Actor, soldier, singer and golfer Christopher Lee is 86. Still working, darling but for how much longer ?

Very interesting suggestion, AtJ. Christopher Lee is a perfect example of what the DL's all about. Everyone's heard of him, he's old (and looks just a heartbeat from death in the pic near the bottom of his wiki page), he loves cigars, yet he continues to make movies. There's lots of trivia tidbits about him (including that he is pictured on the cover of Wings' Band on the Run, surely the greatest album in rock history), and he's been in some of the biggest movies ever, including the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings series, and of course a Bond film.

The DL should honour him with a lifetime achievement award and put him on for 2009. Heavy lobbying on his behalf will be undertaken at the Committee meeting.

Not my suggestion, merely acting on the whims of Mr McNallys peculiar nocturnal subconscious. I'd advise reading his autobiography 'Tall, Dark and Gruesome' if only for the fact that he glosses over most of his films and bangs on and on about being accused of cheating at golf in some '70's Pro-Celebrity tournament.

On the other hand, I would certainly not advise listening to his 2007 album 'Revalation' which is, in short, an absolute travesty. At some point, the producer really should have stepped in to terminate it humanely, but probably didn't fancy tangling with Lord Summerisle for fear of ending his days in a bloody great Wicker Man.

Guest Guest

Lee has a German bullet lodged near his heart - if it ever moved he could be a goner. Its delicate position is why it was never removed. Apart from that, he seems in pretty good health, and tall, thin people tend to live a long time anyway.

Lee has a German bullet lodged near his heart - if it ever moved he could be a goner. Its delicate position is why it was never removed. Apart from that, he seems in pretty good health, and tall, thin people tend to live a long time anyway.

Well that's most reassuring as I'm tall and thin myself, but I rather think Robert Wadlow would disagree with you. :(

And for what it's worth, I can't see Lee going any time soon.

That's me f**ked then.

he is pictured on the cover of Wings' Band on the Run, surely the greatest album in rock history

First off......no way is that - often - lightweight twaddle the greatest album in rock history.

Secondly......we could have debate on this thread, will any of the remaining Band on the Run cover stars cark it before Christopher?

Still alive from that cover: Macca, Denny Laine, Parky, Kenny Lynch, Clement Freud, John Conteh.

I reckon hard living might catch up with Denny Laine before Christopher Lee dies.

he is pictured on the cover of Wings' Band on the Run, surely the greatest album in rock history

First off......no way is that - often - lightweight twaddle the greatest album in rock history.

Secondly......we could have debate on this thread, will any of the remaining Band on the Run cover stars cark it before Christopher?

Still alive from that cover: Macca, Denny Laine, Parky, Kenny Lynch, Clement Freud, John Conteh.

I reckon hard living might catch up with Denny Laine before Christopher Lee dies.

A likely candidate...

A likely candidate...

ACCORDING TO WIKIPIDIA HES DEAD

A likely candidate...

Wikipedia have amended their site, according to his profile he's still alive

A likely candidate...

Wikipedia have amended their site, according to his profile he's still alive

And amended by a DL member as well... if they're using the same screen name of course... :) We do so much here, yet we're so under appreciated...

Guest Guest_KISS OF DEATH_*

f**k me, I hope they put a stake through his heart when hes gone, i dont want him haunting me in the dark hours of the morning

Christopher Lee was actualy born in Transylvania in 1430, death list has failed to piont out that he is actualy 579 years old , And that he cant die until a stake has been drove through his heart,this being the case, i think it would be wise to take him of your list.why not make Thatcher your number 1 candidate, i think the number of people wanting to burn this old witch is alot higher

The numbering is not ordered by how much people want them to die but by how likely they are to die....

I got slightly excited when the news headed their report with "The actor Christopher Lee..." only to be told he had received a knighthood.

Sir Christopher can't die.

He's awesome.

Will he be in the Hobbit?

I can't remember if Saruman is in it or not..

I know Ian Kckellan is back in it..

Guest John Wood
I got slightly excited when the news headed their report with "The actor Christopher Lee..." only to be told he had received a knighthood.

Usually when you get a knighthood the end is in sight.

I don't think 'Fangs' Lee will be leaving this mortal coil for a long time yet. Apart from Bollywood actors, he has appeared in more films than any other living actor. (& more than most dead ones as well!)

I've no reason to doubt The Watcher but other than logging on to IMDB and counting, is there any way to verify his claim? I'm guessing some Hollywood type, like Borgnine or Rooney might be ahead of Lee in terms of the actual number of films.

I don't think 'Fangs' Lee will be leaving this mortal coil for a long time yet. Apart from Bollywood actors, he has appeared in more films than any other living actor. (& more than most dead ones as well!)

I make it, 127 films from his nndb write-up, but his Wiki page says 266.