Guest wizard

Bob Dylan

14 minutes ago, Toast said:

FTFY.

This seems an incredibly pedantic hill to die on. American is American.

4 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

This seems an incredibly pedantic hill to die on. American is American.

Not pedantry, just in the cause of accuracy.

Rightly or wrongly, "American" is usually understood as pertaining to the United States of America.

Leonard Cohen was, as you are of course aware, Canadian.

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

Not pedantry, just in the cause of accuracy.

Rightly or wrongly, "American" is usually understood as pertaining to the United States of America.

Leonard Cohen was, as you are of course aware, Canadian.

Unless you are George Bush who always seemed to be talking about pubic wigs. 

With Judy Dyble's death, Mr Zimmerman aka Bob Dylan is the sole 2020 DDP survivor whose surname begins "Dy".

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

With Judy Dyble's death, Mr Zimmerman aka Bob Dylan is the sole 2020 DDP survivor whose surname begins "Dy".

Literally true, btw - he changed his name from Zimmerman to Dylan (not something many popstars with stage names have done) 

Elton Hercules John is another one who did it by deed poll. The Hercules part of the name being taken from the horse in the sit-com Steptoe and Son (seriously) 

I'm here off and on all afternoon - :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Literally true, btw - he changed his name from Zimmerman to Dylan (not something many popstars with stage names have done) 

Elton Hercules John is another one who did it by deed poll. The Hercules part of the name being taken from the horse in the sit-com Steptoe and Son (seriously) 

I'm here off and on all afternoon - :rolleyes:

I wonder what  is Rag "n" Bone man's real name is?

Just now, redrumours said:

I wonder what  is Rag "n" Bone man's real name is?

Dave

1 minute ago, Bentrovato said:

Dave

Just checked it's Calvin Harris.

1 minute ago, redrumours said:

Just checked it's Calvin Harris.

Dave Calvin Harris. Interesting name. 

2 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Downsizing to more snug and compact accommodation perhaps. Or needs money for one hell of a piss up. "Bob Dylan's entire back catalogue bought in nine-figure deal!.  Bob Dylan's entire back catalogue bought in nine-figure deal (msn.com)

Was thinking the same thing...

Greetings,

New to the group, first post. I discovered the forum last week following some link rabbit hole. Love the concept. Today I'm back because it was announced that Bob Dylan has sold his entire music catalog to Universal which makes me think he's getting his "affairs in order". He is 79.

Very shortly Universal will start selling access to the catalog and every commercial in America will have a Dylan score behind it. Ugh...

Docmartn - John

Edited by docmartn
amended post

1 hour ago, docmartn said:

Was thinking the same thing...

Greetings,

New to the group, first post. I discovered the forum last week following some link rabbit hole. Love the concept. Today I'm back because it was announced that Bob Dylan has sold his entire music catalog to Universal which makes me think he's getting his "affairs in order". He is 79.

Very shortly Universal will start selling access to the catalog and every commercial in America will have a Dylan score behind it. Ugh...

Docmartn - John

The Jehovah's Witnesses will get the rights to All Along the Watchtower within the week. I am now going to get on Ebay and wait for his Nobel prize to go on sale. Welcome to the group. Enjoy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

The idea of Dylan songs turning up in ads and lousy films is sickening, somehow. You can just see some twat remaking the "Subterranean Homesick Blues" clip.

Whatever anyone does with any Dylan song in the future won't be half as bad as what Guns N' Roses have already done.

I don't watch ads and lousy films, so it won't trouble me.

• Like 1

The pop business is the opposite of football financially. Footballing superstars of the 60s often died in poverty, whereas nowadays even someone who is nowhere near being in the top 100 footballers in the country can be a multimillionaire by 22. Whereas the early pop singers like Jagger, Dylan, Daltrey, McCartney etc are rolling in money, most current bands are operating on the breadline with no reliable source of income. It could also be because over that period the quality of football has improved a lot whereas the quality of pop has nosedived.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

The idea of Dylan songs turning up in ads and lousy films is sickening, somehow. You can just see some twat remaking the "Subterranean Homesick Blues" clip.

Yeah well, a lousy (acting performance by) Dylan and some of his lousiest songs have already appeared on screen. Trust me, even if you're a teenage DL poster, your life is still too short to endure this celluloid atrocity!

4heartsoffiregroupphoto.jpg

Heh, David Bowie got out just in the nick of time.

• Like 1

Hmm, he was touring the UK for two of the weeks of the period over which the abuse was supposed to have happened.

9 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Heh, David Bowie got out just in the nick of time.

I’m sure you could substitute the names of half the UK/US 60s and 70s rockers here. Iggy, Wyman and Page are three of the more obvious ones but it seemed almost de rigeur to have a pubescent girlfriend/groupie in 1970. 

She takes just like a woman
Yes, she does, she makes love just like a woman
Yes, she does, and she aches just like a woman
But she breaks just like a little girl

Bob Dylan, 1966

10 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Bob Dylan being sued over allegations of sexual abuse in the 1960s. 

In his defence he thought she was just like a woman

• Haha 1

I don't care for Bob Dylan's music but i'm leaving this here. It is going to be interesting about the end result of this. Maybe she got dates wrong but why wait 50+ years?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1