AnthillMob

Alex Ferguson

21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ferguson to miss Liam Miller tribute game for "medical reasons": https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sir-alex-ferguson-will-miss-liam-miller-tribute-game-tvvk6scs5

I don’t think the ‘medical reasons’ mean he has had another turn for the worse in his health, I think he is still recovering from the brain haemorrhage as he hasn’t been out publicly since it happened, so unlikely he would suddenly travel to Ireland when he hasn’t been back to old Trafford yet and that is on his doorstep.

He was in a video message praising Paul scholes yesterday didn’t look too bad but It wasn’t of best of quality, still think he has a good few years in him yet. It will be a sad day when he does go, best manager of all time for me. I think he should be on next years list though too big a name to miss out on and at his age and health anything can happen although I hope it doesn’t.

Sir Alex to attend united’s game against wolves at old trafford today, his first public appearance since he became ill. Great news 

Happy Birthday to one of if not the greatest managers ever. 

As a United fan will be sad day when he does finally go but he does look old and frail now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he snuffed it before his 80th Birthday in 2 years time. 

2 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

if United continues like this we might as well add him to next year's list.

The board have apparently backed  Solskjaer.  Will he make it to the end of the year.  And on the other hand Kenny Dalglish was having a whale of a time yesterday

Arguably, Fergie looks in better nick than Dalglish, this from the Liverpool v Manchester United match the other night. (Presumably before kick-off, I can't imagine him hanging around for photos after the final whistle).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time said:

Arguably, Fergie looks in better nick than Dalglish, this from the Liverpool v Manchester United match the other night. (Presumably before kick-off, I can't imagine him hanging around for photos after the final whistle).

Dalglish has got better teeth. I reckon.

• Haha 1

Fergie's famous racehorse, Rock of Gibraltar, has died aged 23.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, drol said:

Time to watch him now. Feels like he is a guy who might not last too long after a spouse’s death. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

Time to watch him now. Feels like he is a guy who might not last too long after a spouse’s death. 

Time to knock him off his fucking perch?

• Haha 1

I can see Sir Alex tapping his watch and shouting at the Grim Reaper, "Hey! What about Fergie Time?"

• Haha 1

Apparently Sir Alex had been married to his wife for 57 years, wouldn't surprise me if 'Fergie Time' will finally be up for Sir Alex within the next 2 years. Sir Alex really is starting to look old and frail now, saw a clip of him on Beckham documentary on Netflix and he has aged quite a lot recently also with his Stroke a few years back it really could be the beginning of the end for him, as a United fan i hope not, i would like to see us being successful again before he goes like Sir Matt Busby did before he died but with how shite United are nowadays he would probably have to live for another 10 or 20 years before that happens. 

20 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Apparently Sir Alex had been married to his wife for 57 years, wouldn't surprise me if 'Fergie Time' will finally be up for Sir Alex within the next 2 years. Sir Alex really is starting to look old and frail now, saw a clip of him on Beckham documentary on Netflix and he has aged quite a lot recently also with his Stroke a few years back it really could be the beginning of the end for him, as a United fan i hope not, i would like to see us being successful again before he goes like Sir Matt Busby did before he died but with how shite United are nowadays he would probably have to live for another 10 or 20 years before that happens. 

It wasn't a stroke but a brain haemorrhage. There are various ways to treat this but removing the excess blood around the brain is usually the initial process and often long-term recovery with medication to prevent fitting. Fergie was reported as having major surgery which is not at all straightforward when it involves the cerebral cortex.