Mentioned regularly in 2008, possible 2009 candidate (we all know how the DL loves old white British fellows), and deserving of own thread.

BBC Four has a Morty Night scheduled for mid-January, so maybe they know something we don't. Includes the Play for Today which featured the original incarnation of Rumpole, A Voyage Round My Father and a new documentary summing up his life and career.

If this thread reaches a second page before his death I'll be surprised - not too much hot gossip going on in the world of SJM.

If he carks it, I should like to volunteer to console his daughter Emily. Lovely. (And amazing.)

If he carks it, I should like to volunteer to console his daughter Emily. Lovely. (And amazing.)

Hmmm, this is the second bit of mild lusting after an Emily on TV who is also the daughter of someone famous in recent weeks on the site.

The Phantom Knows

I understand Emily Watson is consulting with solicitors on a restraining order against the DL.

Hmmm, this is the second bit of mild lusting after an Emily on TV who is also the daughter of someone famous in recent weeks on the site.

The Phantom Knows

I understand Emily Watson is consulting with solicitors on a restraining order against the DL.

If this is the Emily Mortimer, then I'll be in line to console her.

That's her! Now, form an orderly queue, please...

Mentioned regularly in 2008, possible 2009 candidate (we all know how the DL loves old white British fellows), and deserving of own thread.

BBC Four has a Morty Night scheduled for mid-January, so maybe they know something we don't. Includes the Play for Today which featured the original incarnation of Rumpole, A Voyage Round My Father and a new documentary summing up his life and career.

If this thread reaches a second page before his death I'll be surprised - not too much hot gossip going on in the world of SJM.

Well, I did say.

Wonder if they'll pull the programmes. Pain in the arse for me if they do.

(Edit: schedule unaltered)

Well, I did say.

Wonder if they'll pull the programmes. Pain the arse for me if they do.

(Edit: schedule unaltered)

Are you now going to be our resident smartarse/ace death predictor H?

Did you not stick a Fiver on your hunch at the bookies?

Is the next round on you?

Still writing and being interviewed

And that pretty much makes up my mind not to include him for my DDP 2009 team...

Me thinks there's going to be a lot of :(:o:banghead: from TMIB....

I'm pleased, a 2nd DDP hit ( I don't want to win it, but I'll de damned if I do badly) - but I do hope there's not going to be too many DDP deaths in the next few days!-

Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now is storming away with the competition right now!

And that pretty much makes up my mind not to include him for my DDP 2009 team...

Me thinks there's going to be a lot of :(:o:banghead: from TMIB....

I'm pleased, a 2nd DDP hit ( I don't want to win it, but I'll de damned if I do badly) - but I do hope there's not going to be too many DDP deaths in the next few days!-

Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now is storming away with the competition right now!

I dropped him in my main dead pool but glad I chose him in my draft!! :)

Surprised that he wasn't in the main DL

Ah, come on OoO. No-one is going to begrudge you anything were you to win the DDP. Is HKTMN 'One of Us?'

freaks.jpg

Wait a moment Emily, just let me get my consoling trousers on.......

Surely you should be getting them off?

Ah, come on OoO. No-one is going to begrudge you anything were you to win the DDP. Is HKTMN 'One of Us?'

freaks_bird_girl.JPG

Ahem. Without wishing to appear too smug, Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now is my team. But in the spirit of modesty, I firmly believe that deadpooling success is roughly 20% research, and 80% luck. And I think I've used up 75% of my luck already!

None of the news outlets are being specific about the date of death, for Deathrace purposes I'm going with today - as reported by Wiki - and awarding 349 points, obviously I'll up that if the BBC and the rest eventually confirm yesterday. Raskolnikov now on a roll and the only credible challenger to the legend that is Eejit!

freaks_bird_girl.JPG

Ahem. Without wishing to appear too smug, Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now is my team. But in the spirit of modesty, I firmly believe that deadpooling success is roughly 20% research, and 80% luck. And I think I've used up 75% of my luck already!

Nowt wrong with that, Raskolnikov. You're doing well.

You probably have already posted to this thread

Is Emily Mortimer hot or is it just the movies playing tricks on me?

John Clifford Mortimer, barrister playwright and author, born 21 April 1923; died 16 January 2009

The above from The Guardian. so I'll stick with 349 Deathrace points.

Me thinks there's going to be a lot of :(:(:( from TMIB....

Too bloody right!

Another one that got away. Hopefully Dickie will oblige at some time and it's been ominously quiet from his camp.

Still, we've got ages to go before I start reeling you lot in one by one...:(

Heaven knows is proving to be a dark horse so far.

I'll talk a bit more about the 'contenders' for this years DDP in the appropriate thread.

John Mortimer represented Oz Magazine and the Sex Pistols was well as creating the venerable Rumpole...

RIP

Sorry to see him go, even if he was a lawyer....but pleased for my first point of 2009.

I feel for the champagne sellers of Buckinghamshire.

There's a programme on BBC 4 at the moment called John Mortimer: A Life in Words.

Was this shown last year?

Because if I had seen it then, I would kept him in... ;)

There's a programme on BBC 4 at the moment called John Mortimer: A Life in Words.

Was this shown last year?

Because if I had seen it then, I would kept him in... ;)

I think it was new. In the Telegraph's telly pull out that would have gone to press before his death it spoke of him in the present tense. I think the producers just got lucky, so to speak. Perhaps one of them had him in their deathpool, could be a new trend - living obituaries.

I put him on my list as there was some comment that he made last year saying he was not long for this world.

I dropped him off my main list but at the last minute put him on my draft