Grim Reaper

João Havelange

I think that he will die like Bob Hope, shortly after celebrating his 100th birthday.

I say july 7.

He'll be alive in 4 years, with everyone going "Surely this illness will be the last one?" at that time too.

• Like 1

He'll be alive in 4 years, with everyone going "Surely this illness will be the last one?" at that time too.

Well, he kind of reminds me of Oscar Niemeyer, who was also quite active till the very end and died at the surprisingly advanced age of 104.9 (of a respiratory infection). On the other hand, pneumonia is a very serious matter for centenarians, so the next few days (weeks) will be critical for him. If he survives till the Olympics, he might have a good chance to survive 2016. Otherwise, Deathlist will soon celebrate hit #7.

My guess is he pulls through this, but the Rio Olympics are his main motivator to hang on so the first ailment he catches post-Olympics will be much more dire.

I really don't understand... blink.png What is the connection to Havelange?

Havelange used to be head of FIFA
So, wtf has this got to do with a deathlist forum? Is he dead?

No. Cause this page doesn't say dead on it

I really don't understand... blink.png What is the connection to Havelange?

Havelange used to be head of FIFA
So, wtf has this got to do with a deathlist forum? Is he dead?

No. Cause this page doesn't say dead on it

Sometimes we forget to update it. You are aware you're responding to a post that's over 5 years old, aren't you?

Looks like he's been discharged from the hospital.

looks like he is the male equivalent of Zsa Zsa just won't die like Bhumibol Adulyadej those 3 are going to live forever.

looks like he is the male equivalent of Zsa Zsa just won't die like Bhumibol Adulyadej those 3 are going to live forever.

And Keith Richards. Man, those 4 should meet up for a party some time

And Keith Richards. Man, those 4 should meet up for a party some time

Keith Richards will be devoured by worms before he's as old as Zsa Zsa.

I think that he will die like Bob Hope, shortly after celebrating his 100th birthday.

I say july 7.

He still is living, and it's July 8

Took at least $41m in bribes during his career, an example to us all.

• Like 1

How tragi.. nah.

• Like 4

That took a while. He's dead, but Zsa Zsa is still living

Gone ..... and that makes 10.

1)Zsa Zsa Gabor, 2)João Havelange, 3)Herman Wouk, 4)Billy Graham, 5)Olivia De Havilland, 6)Javier Perez de Cuellar, 7)Kirk Douglas, 8)Clive James, 9)Valerie Harper, 10)Doug Ellis, 11)Leslie Phillips, 12)Joost van der Westhuizen, 13)Denis Norden, 14)Jake Lamotta, 15)Cliff Michelmore, 16)Nancy Reagan, 17)Hosni Mubarak, 18)Chuck Berry, 19)Richard Adams, 20)Muhammad Ali (floating butterfly), 21)Michael Anderson (Logan’s Run), 22)Daniel arap Moi (African politician), 23)Roger Bannister (3m 59.4s), 24)Boutros Boutros-Ghali (UN), 25)Barbara Bush (1st lady), 26)Pierre Cardin (Haute Couture), 27)Jimmy Carter (Peanut farmer), 28)Carol Channing (Thoroughly Modern Millie), 29)Piet de Jong (old Dutch), 30)Len Deighton (a Berlin Funeral), 31)Frank Dickens (Bristow), 32)Stanley Donen (On the Town), 33)Fenella Fielding (Carry On Screaming), 34)William Frankland (immune to death), 35)Benny Golson (be-bop), 36)Juliette Gréco (chanson), 37)Hal Holbrook (presidents man), 38)Robert Horton (wagons roll), 39)Jim Lovell (Apollo 13), 40)Hardy Krüger (38th SS), 41)Neville Marriner (in the Fields), 42)Michael Medwin (Army Game), 43)Desmond Morris (Naked Ape), 44)Carl Reiner (act, write, direct), 45)Debbie Reynolds (1955 Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year), 46)David Rockefeller (more money than.....), 47)William Russell (Dr Who companion), 48)Douglas Slocombe (Ealing master), 49)Clint Walker (Cheyenne Bodie), 50)Martin Crowe (12th man).

OK yes .... so far better than the committee!

We are ahead of 2014 now

Ding Dong the Crook is dead!

• Like 1

I saw this thread updated... usually it's a sign he's in the hospital, blah, blah.

But this time... I could sense it was something different...

and I was right...

Joao Havelange is finally dead!

And that is the 15th hit on my 50 men list. DL record broken and it's the first year I deadpool.

• Like 2

Hallelujah! Hard to believe this is only the 2nd hit since i joined deathlist back in the spring but I'm not going to shed too m any tears for old Havelange.Well overdue !