Grim Reaper

Wendy Richard

Sad news, as she's been a stalwart of UK television for as long as I remember. Still, she was my joker in the main DDP team and points are points...

Quite surprised she's gone so quickly actually - I thought she'd hang on a bit longer.

Do like on the BBC HYS section most of the posters are slagging off a certain other cancer sufferer saying at least Wendy Richard had some dignity.

RIP

Such a shame she's gone, had a big crush on her when she was in "Are You Being Served"

It will be interesting to see whether Mollie Sugden goes to the funeral. Neither Mollie nor her pussy have been seen in public for some time.

Such a shame she's gone, had a big crush on her when she was in "Are You Being Served"

I had dinner with her one night back in 1986 (as I recall), at the height of her popularity at the time, and the way she was so gracious to the interminable number of people who interrupted for an autograph was, eventually, awe inspiring. Her patience waned in her later years, I'm told, but my memories will always be of her class and dignity. RIP, Wendy, and thanks for the hit.

'I'm NOT dying,' insists Wendy Richard as she opens up about her gruelling battle with cancer...

Wendy, 65, has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer that attacked her kidney and spread to the top of her spine and her left ribs.

When the news broke last year, it was claimed that her disease was terminal.

But the actress, who has twice battled breast cancer and lost her hair six weeks ago, told the People: ‘I'm certainly not thinking about dying. Wendy Richard is going to be around a long time yet.'

I think I might have made a mistake of leaving her out of my DDP team, after seeing that... :unsure:

I did.

I have a feeling my DDP teams are like the Star Trek films, the even numbers (2006, 2008) are good. Still, early days...

For what it's worth, she's been the first female hit on DL since Brooke Astor about 1 1/2 years ago.

'I'm NOT dying,' insists Wendy Richard as she opens up about her gruelling battle with cancer...

Wendy, 65, has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer that attacked her kidney and spread to the top of her spine and her left ribs.

When the news broke last year, it was claimed that her disease was terminal.

But the actress, who has twice battled breast cancer and lost her hair six weeks ago, told the People: ‘I'm certainly not thinking about dying. Wendy Richard is going to be around a long time yet.'

I think I might have made a mistake of leaving her out of my DDP team, after seeing that... :unsure:

I did.

I have a feeling my DDP teams are like the Star Trek films, the even numbers (2006, 2008) are good. Still, early days...

Looking at the DDP scoreboard, I see that the teams in first and second place did pick Wendy Richard, but the teams in third, fourth, fifth and sixth didn't.

If we equate this to a mountain stage on the Tour De France, it means that Raskolnikov's lone breakaway continues, I'm out in the wilderness somewhere trying desperately to catch up with him and the tightly bunched pelaton, led by MPFC, are a fair distance behind having reigned in the other chasers. Early days yet, though, many more mountains to climb.

Fair point DDT, spare a thought for the organiser of the big cycle race though.....there's not far short of 40 jokers, and a sh*t load of other teams alongside that 40, to reckon up in the points table. If we knew where OoO lived we could take turns to order in pizza for him for the next couple of days whilst he updates the whole lot.

Fair point DDT, spare a thought for the organiser of the big cycle race though.....there's not far short of 40 jokers, and a sh*t load of other teams alongside that 40, to reckon up in the points table. If we knew where OoO lived we could take turns to order in pizza for him for the next couple of days whilst he updates the whole lot.

MPFC,

I believe OoO has said to you many times that it doesn't matter if one or 40 teams select the same person, it takes the same amount of time to update the list.

MPFC,

I believe OoO has said to you many times that it doesn't matter if one or 40 teams select the same person, it takes the same amount of time to update the list.

Indeedy so.

It's quicker for me to do Richard than it was to do Harry Hill & Anna Watt. I put the death details in, press update & voila!

Very sad she's gone, but a 4th hit in the DDP is perfectly acceptable. And from another selfish viewpoint, I'm delighted she's died today as it means I can update the site before I go on holiday tomorrow morning.

DDT, I think one of those teams you mentioned was a theme team (the football one) but I think the others might be regretting leaving her off...

Also delighted that lots of teams score points - I personally think that's very good to see - and it's not the "normal suspects" only either.

Finally MPFC, it's not difficult to find out where I live - it's on my profile on the left hand corner of this post...

"Hello, pizza delivery? I'd like 200 large pies delivered to the Octopus of Odstock in Aylesury. Thanks. Credit card? No, he'll pay cash."

Finally MPFC, it's not difficult to find out where I live - it's on my profile on the left hand corner of this post...

Fair point, but if I was gonna order you a pizza and make sure it reached you, with only 'Aylesbury' to go on, I'd have to buy about 56,391 others as well.

Expensive, even with the current 2 for 1 bargains available all over the place, might have to sell the Marycopter to pay for it.

I saw somewhere Wendy Richards got herself into a bit of

on a big brother show. Anyone see a possible theme developing?

I saw somewhere Wendy Richards got herself into a bit of
on a big brother show. Anyone see a possible theme developing?

I thought inscrutableness was a cultural characteristic, not a racial stereotype.

Still I daresay the PC fascists don't differentiate.

In the meantime I was just doing the scoreboard for the HDP (it should be online tomorrow) and see that Wendy Richard was in a pantomime and on Celebrity squares, so that makes for some nice bonuses for those who had her.

I also learned that she was born in Teesside, just a stone's throw from Hartlepool. which is nice but doesn't earn any bonuses.

When I heard of Richard's death, I was expecting the forum to be flooded by anonymous rants, but where are they?!? Wendy Richard is the perfect hit for that: let's face it, because of her Eastenders-fame her death will be hotly debated among the er... lower classes - the kind of people that have difficulty controlling their emotions and who tend to identify themselves with soap-characters to a far greater extent than we do.

(Hanging around Deathlist regularly and enjoying it might not exactly be a token of elitist superiority, but I reckon that no-one here seems to care about Richard's demise, apart from the fact that it adds to the score exactly the same amount of hits as a more intellectually challenging one.)

Hmm, when typing 'Wendy Richard' on Google the DL does not appear in the first 100 hits, that might be keeping the ranters away. Is there anything we can do about that?

Can we have a poll on when the DL obit will be done - my guess is 7th March.

The Obit ?

Yes I was wondering about that too.

I thought she did some great stuff on radio. I can't stand soaps in particular and most TV in general so I'm not going to comment on deadenders.

Razor

The Obit ?

Yes I was wondering about that too.

I thought she did some great stuff on radio. I can't stand soaps in particular and most TV in general so I'm not going to comment on deadenders.

Razor

My mum was pleased to get her first hit of the year, although she wasn't impressed with the headline I sent out when I did the monthly update.

She wasn't amused with "Are You Being Interred?" :skull:

Guest Matt

Deceasedenders, anyone?

:skull:

In all fairness, i can't say anything bad about Wendy Richard, a good entertainer and well respected, not like the bloody Jade Goody,thank f**k shes gone, might get something decent to listern to now, on the news

This is the sadest one for me.

Isn't It Ironic that her chracter in Eastenders's Mother, Son & Hubby were all killed off before she was and yet in reality she is lying in the grave while Anna Wing, Todd Carty & Bill Treacher are all still live and kicking (Yes I know the original Mark died over 20 years ago but that was long before Mark was killed off)

I dont watch Eastenders I got all the info from reserch

Isn't It Ironic that her chracter in Eastenders's Mother, Son & Hubby were all killed off before she was and yet in reality she is lying in the grave while Anna Wing, Todd Carty & Bill Treacher are all still live and kicking (Yes I know the original Mark died over 20 years ago but that was long before Mark was killed off)

I dont watch Eastenders I got all the info from reserch

Research? Now I would have got it from the plethora of Eastenders nostalgia programmes that have been on the telly this weekend.