Grim Reaper

Ravi Shankar

This is the place to discuss Ravi Shankar

My pick for 2009's least active thread.

Are we allowed to enter our DDP teams even if one of them has just died? Or am I going to have to choose a replacement for Maria de Jesus?

Ooh, I dunno, there's a few great Ravi Shankar stories. Like the time he was tuning up with his musicians before they played their part in George Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh. The audience were so pig ignorant they thought the tuning up was a number and applauded it when it finished. :rolleyes:

Ooh, I dunno, there's a few great Ravi Shankar stories. Like the time he was tuning up with his musicians before they played their part in George Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh. The audience were so pig ignorant they thought the tuning up was a number and applauded it when it finished. :rolleyes:

I think I would have been among them. That said, I do have one of his CDS for those times when I feel the need to light a candle and adopt the lotus position, except with my lack of suppleness it's more like a cauliflower and certainly not up to this.

You can't ever imagine Ravi saying: "You hum it and I'll play it."

Ooh, I dunno, there's a few great Ravi Shankar stories. Like the time he was tuning up with his musicians before they played their part in George Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh. The audience were so pig ignorant they thought the tuning up was a number and applauded it when it finished.

I'll always remember Ravi Shankar for his complaints at Bangladesh. "No shmoking' .. and everybody was stoned at that concert. There weren't any rules. Nobody listened to him. It was a free for all.

This is the chap who inflicted Norah Jones on to us or? For that he must pay.

PS I reckon the quietest threads will be Blake Edwards and Ludovic Kennedy.

I didn't see the horse guy. That will be very active.

You know, an aspiring DL'er could hasten it along by playing Norwegian Blue repeatedly outside his place of residence...

Is he not a Monty Python fan then?

She's mainly responsible for that herself!

I mean, he's her dad. But that's about it.

89 today.

If he lives the year this will be just about the only news of him in this thread.

89 today.

If he lives the year this will be just about the only news of him in this thread.

All I could find was this interview with his daughter Anoushka from two weeks ago.

...recuperating from a recent bout of ill-health, is her guru and father — the legendary Pandit Ravi Shankar. She’s looking after him, he’s 90, and in frail condition indeed, unable to participate in this guru-shishya interview.

Guest Guest
It's probably nothing, but Ravi Shankar has cancelled some recent gigs due to illness.

Anyone else notice that Ravi is listed as expired on his link?

Other sources still have him alive though. 91 in April.

Yeah, but it briefly got people's hopes up, and that's the important thing.

Guest Guest

Ravi Shankar is not doing well.he is in the USA for surgery and my info is that he is saying his goodbyes to old friends,fearing the worst.One to watch in the days and weeks ahead.

Guest Guest

typical..they either linger on for ages or sneak under the radar like that .Oh well that's 19 hits for the year if you include all the current and former names on deathlist.Could be a record

typical..they either linger on for ages or sneak under the radar like that .Oh well that's 19 hits for the year if you include all the current and former names on deathlist.Could be a record

RIP Ravi Shankar.

Another nailed on list names dies. That's 4 gone in the last week or so.

But you can't count anything as 19. Don't work like that.