Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Thought I would tune up the New Years band for Deathlist a few hours early.

Now we can sit and wait for the first bang of the year.

Thought I would tune up the New Years band for Deathlist a few hours early.

Now we can sit and wait for the first bang of the year.

And yours will be with your fist, I'll wager. Happy New Year, I've missed you :skill2:

Aye, I'll soon be dropping The Voice of Young Maryport round his mate's for an all night party, his big brother is away in a hotel with his lass so myself and Mrs MPFC are off for romantic eats, a few drinks and a lie in to start the New Year.

Go well, one and all, and - as Mercury Rev so aptly put it - see you on the other side.

Guest Guest_philglossop_*

My first post having lurked for many years!

To quote Miss Sarah Kennedy at the end of her Radio Show each morning on Radio 2.

"Gather tomorrow if spared"

:old::)

Well, since my lithium refill hasn't arrived and I'm rationing what lithium I have I may make it to midnight for the first time in years! Being manic is one hell of a way to start the new year!

Is there DL record for the fastest death in a calendar year?

Helen Wills Moody died on the very first day of the 1998 DeathList.

My first post having lurked for many years!

To quote Miss Sarah Kennedy at the end of her Radio Show each morning on Radio 2.

"Gather tomorrow if spared"

:old::)

Years!!!! This "Phil of Glossop" needs to lurk less and par-take more with full and honoured membership me thinks!

Right wing "political advisor" and chairman of the Committee For A Free Britain, David Hart, is a very sick man and will be dead before too long.

David Harts listed on Wikipedia don't - currently - include our croaking man. So, no CPDP points, then.

He ought to get one for the DDP though, quite a notorious figure in his time, friends in high places, all that...providing he pops it next year...

Well I picked him for my DDP team - only to be told in DL Chat last night that he was already dead. I can find no evidence to support this claim, so I'm hoping he still breathes. I hope that, unlike Phil Drabble and Steve Fossett, I'm right about this one. :lol:

Nizar Rayyan, Hamas leader. I did wonder about putting a key Hamas figure on my DDP team since it was obvious from the start of the bombing that Israel is targeting their top people along with their strategic sites.

Well that's just sodding typical, she was the only survivor of 2008 I left off my team. :lol:

I don't mean to make it worse... but she would've been an unique hit had you left her on, Handy.

No-one picked Rayan, but two teams picked Claiborne Pell.

More soon.....

Well that's just sodding typical, she was the only survivor of 2008 I left off my team. :lol:

I don't mean to make it worse... but she would've been an unique hit had you left her on, Handy.

No-one picked Rayan, but two teams picked Claiborne Pell.

More soon.....

So I'd have been in the lead? Bugger. Well there's nothing I can do about it now, just annoying though.

Right wing "political advisor" and chairman of the Committee For A Free Britain, David Hart, is a very sick man and will be dead before too long.

David Harts listed on Wikipedia don't - currently - include our croaking man. So, no CPDP points, then.

He ought to get one for the DDP though, quite a notorious figure in his time, friends in high places, all that...providing he pops it next year...

Well I picked him for my DDP team - only to be told in DL Chat last night that he was already dead. I can find no evidence to support this claim, so I'm hoping he still breathes. I hope that, unlike Phil Drabble and Steve Fossett, I'm right about this one. :lol:

I might have to concede on this one, DDT - can't find evidence of his demise, so perhaps he passed away in one of my regular dreams about the heroes of the Thatcher years.

Well I picked him for my DDP team - only to be told in DL Chat last night that he was already dead. I can find no evidence to support this claim, so I'm hoping he still breathes. I hope that, unlike Phil Drabble and Steve Fossett, I'm right about this one. :unsure:

No f*****g way! Check the Guido Fawkes blog as its run by his mate, if true then Basil does get an airing for 2009...

Well I picked him for my DDP team - only to be told in DL Chat last night that he was already dead. I can find no evidence to support this claim, so I'm hoping he still breathes. I hope that, unlike Phil Drabble and Steve Fossett, I'm right about this one. :unsure:

I might have to concede on this one, DDT - can't find evidence of his demise, so perhaps he passed away in one of my regular dreams about the heroes of the Thatcher years.

Well that's a relief. I can concentrate all my efforts on tracking down Gerry Rafferty now.

I too had night time visions about David Hart recently - it was dark, dark stuff; Arthur Scargill had sort of morphed in to Hannibal Lecter and was roasting your hero on a spit, using the contents of Hart's wallett to keep the fire going and feeding bits of him to Dave Nellist, Derek Hatton and Dennis Skinner. Someone (possibly the late Eric Heffer) was videoing events, so that the tape could be sent to Thatcher. :o

Well that's a relief. I can concentrate all my efforts on tracking down Gerry Rafferty now.

I too had night time visions about David Hart recently - it was dark, dark stuff; Arthur Scargill had sort of morphed in to Hannibal Lecter and was roasting your hero on a spit, using the contents of Hart's wallett to keep the fire going and feeding bits of him to Dave Nellist, Derek Hatton and Dennis Skinner. Someone (possibly the late Eric Heffer) was videoing events, so that the tape could be sent to Thatcher. :o

I've had that dream to, and I'm sure that 'Baker Street' was playing in the background....

No f*****g way! Check the Guido Fawkes blog as its run by his mate, if true then Basil does get an airing for 2009...

So he isn't a unique pick then. :o

I don't think you can use your sub if you pick someone who is already dead? So if he is deceased, then you're starting on 19 with me. But he isn't, so no need to worry. I think he might well find the net for us in 2009. ;)

If he had died, then he would have got an obit in the main papers. He was a key figure in the defeat of the Miners (or was it all in his own head?)

Hart is one of the few choices in my team out of malice, as well as thinking he's going to cop it...So Basil stays on the subs bench!

Anyway an actual death, Vincent Ford, who wrote 'No Woman, No Cry', has died aged 68...

Bernie Hamilton, the Captain in Strasky and Hutch, has died of heart failure aged 80.

Edit: It would appear he died in 2008. (Tuesday)